Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"Give 'em a good punch!"
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
"Give 'em a good punch!"
Here is the Senior Pastor of Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville, NC, Sean Harris, preaching Christian love in advance of NC's vote on the anti-gay marriage amendment. Charming, eh? The audio is at the link below.

TRANSCRIPT:

"So your little son starts to act a little girlish when he is four years old and instead of squashing that like a cockroach and saying, “Man up, son, get that dress off you and get outside and dig a ditch, because that is what boys do,” you get out the camera and you start taking pictures of Johnny acting like a female and then you upload it to YouTube and everybody laughs about it and the next thing you know, this dude, this kid is acting out childhood fantasies that should have been squashed.

Can I make it any clearer? Dads, the second you see your son dropping the limp wrist, you walk over there and crack that wrist. Man up. Give him a good punch. Ok? You are not going to act like that. You were made by God to be a male and you are going to be a male. And when your daughter starts acting to Butch you reign her in. And you say, “Oh, no, sweetheart. You can play sports. Play them to the glory of God. But sometimes you are going to act like a girl and walk like a girl and talk like a girl and smell like a girl and that means you are going to be beautiful. You are going to be attractive. You are going to dress yourself up.”
You say, “Can I take charge like that as a parent?”

Yeah, you can. You are authorized. I just gave you a special dispensation this morning to do that."

http://www.goodasyou.org/good_as_you/201...gle+Reader

So which Christians out there agree with "punching" a 4-year old who acts gay?
05-01-2012 02:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: "Give 'em a good punch!"
(05-01-2012 02:25 PM)wvucrazed Wrote:  So which Christians out there agree with "punching" a 4-year old who acts gay?

Certainly not me. This so-called pastor is despicable.
05-01-2012 02:29 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(05-01-2012 02:29 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:25 PM)wvucrazed Wrote:  So which Christians out there agree with "punching" a 4-year old who acts gay?

Certainly not me. This so-called pastor is despicable.

None that I know would punch their kid for having a limp wrist..
05-01-2012 02:29 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
I don't know of a single good parent who would believe this, nor anyone I would consider a good person or even christian.

I want to laugh that people like him still exist, because it is *SO* out of touch with reality, but these people actually do exist and treat their loved ones like this.
05-01-2012 02:40 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(05-01-2012 02:40 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  I want to laugh that people like him still exist, because it is *SO* out of touch with reality, but these people actually do exist and treat their loved ones like this.

Reality? 03-lmfao
05-01-2012 02:42 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2012 02:40 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  these people actually do exist and treat their loved ones like this.

They sure do.
05-01-2012 02:43 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Yes, reality. You think being gay is a choice?
05-01-2012 02:45 PM
DrTorch Offline

(05-01-2012 02:45 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Yes, reality. You think being gay is a choice?

You've demonstrated a consistent, gross lack of understanding reality. So I find it comical that you presume to criticize others.
05-01-2012 02:49 PM
DrTorch Offline

(05-01-2012 02:43 PM)wvucrazed Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:40 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  these people actually do exist and treat their loved ones like this.

They sure do.

F'n crybaby.
05-01-2012 02:50 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(05-01-2012 02:40 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  I don't know of a single good parent who would believe this, nor anyone I would consider a good person or even christian.

I want to laugh that people like him still exist, because it is *SO* out of touch with reality, but these people actually do exist and treat their loved ones like this.

And insane vegans who starve their babies to death exist... And there are deaf lesbians who made sure their baby would be deaf (e.g. handicapped their kid so they could better connect).

There are sick parents running under a diverse set of cover.

I live in Christan circles, far more than many of the folks here and among the hundreds of people who I know really well not *one* would smack their son for acting effeminate.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 02:52 PM by Bull_In_Exile.)
05-01-2012 02:51 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2012 02:49 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:45 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Yes, reality. You think being gay is a choice?

You've demonstrated a consistent, gross lack of understanding reality. So I find it comical that you presume to criticize others.

And you've consistently demonstrated an ability to do nothing besides make a small quip, followed by a laughing face, without adding any meaningful contribution to the subject of the post. I find it comical you think you have any right to criticize others.
05-01-2012 02:52 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-01-2012 02:51 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:40 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  I don't know of a single good parent who would believe this, nor anyone I would consider a good person or even christian.

And insane vegans who starve their babies to death exist... And there are deaf lesbians who made sure their baby would be deaf (e.g. handicapped their kid so they could better connect).

I live in Christan circles, far more than many of the folks here and among the hundreds of people who I know really well not *one* would smack their son for acting effeminate.

...so you agree with me then?
05-01-2012 02:53 PM
Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU

Prison.
05-01-2012 02:55 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(05-01-2012 02:53 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:51 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

...so you agree with me then?

That people, all people are inherently evil at their core and each one is capable of horrendous things? yes... I agree, its a corner stone of my theology..

People like him will *always* exist because his vile nature is not theologically borne. The post modern atheist is as capable of killing as anyone else.
05-01-2012 02:56 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(05-01-2012 02:55 PM)Paul M Wrote:  

Prison.

Sparta
05-01-2012 02:56 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

(05-01-2012 02:51 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  I live in Christan circles, far more than many of the folks here and among the hundreds of people who I know really well not *one* would smack their son for acting effeminate.

You sure about that? I'm not. We don't know what happens with children in a family home. We know that child abuse is an ongoing problem.

I can tell you that I know many who have been completely rejected by their family for being gay. How does turning your back on your child rank alongside punching them?

There are people of every creed and religion (or no religion) who do despicable things, sure. I'm not debating that.

But this is the head pastor of a fairly prominent church, to judge from their website. He is a leader in the community. And you think he's an isolated case? I guarantee you he's getting calls from followers and other pastors congratulating him on having the guts to say what they are all thinking.

This is the face of Christianity for many.
05-01-2012 03:00 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline

(05-01-2012 02:52 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:49 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  

And you've consistently demonstrated an ability to do nothing besides make a small quip,

20K posts? Really? I think you're a f'n liar.
05-01-2012 03:00 PM
DrTorch Offline

(05-01-2012 03:00 PM)wvucrazed Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:51 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  I live in Christan circles, far more than many of the folks here and among the hundreds of people who I know really well not *one* would smack their son for acting effeminate.

You sure about that? I'm not.

WTF? You know nothing about this and you start making accusations? What a total prick.
05-01-2012 03:01 PM
I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
I've punched lots of dudes...never checked their wrist before hand. I have no problem with attacks on gays...much like most of the Libs here don't have a problem with attacks on Christians.
05-01-2012 07:53 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(05-01-2012 03:01 PM)DrTorch Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 03:00 PM)wvucrazed Wrote:  

You sure about that? I'm not.

WTF? You know nothing about this and you start making accusations? What a total prick.

Of course he does, he is a bigot and thats what they do. Any one example that fits their narrative is held up as the standard and anything that does not is dismissed as an outlier.

Who cares if I live in a christian community... Who ares that my family reads christian authors, listens to other pastors and follow the Christian Community... he knows better.

I have not heard his whole sermon, I sincerely hope he was not endorsing physical violence of that magnitude as a means of discipline. But I cna assure you in the half dozen or so churches I have attended in my life not one would have ever been ok with it..

Quote:And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. -- Ephesians 6:4
05-01-2012 10:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.