Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
RE: Aresco opens the door for Colorado State
(07-15-2019 06:04 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(07-14-2019 09:39 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 08:38 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 06:39 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  
(07-08-2019 06:14 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Exactly---which is why I made the following comment about CSU.

Every other pick involves sacrificing institutional fit in the name of athletic performance----or it requires completely dumping athletic performance to obtain a quality institutional fit. CSU is a reasonable compromise.

Frankly, CSU might be one of the few schools that could actually attract enough votes among the presidents to secure an invite. I really dont think anyone else outside of CSU, BYU, Air Force, and Army can do that.

ODU might be "ok" if they would expand to 35k as part of the entrance deal.

Builds the conference together some and VB is a nice vacation destination with a lot to do. Nothing major league in that market either so an AAC program would be well supported.

The problem is that an AAC program is already well supported in that area.

And it’s not a nice vacation destination. I lived/worked there for two years. It’s Myrtle Beach with colder water. Might have slightly less crack, but I’d have to see a study from a reputable source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah in your mind i guess you'd like to compare Greenville, NC to Virginia Beach. What an effing laughable notion. You who claim our media market is saturated with ECU coverage? Again another laughable notion. It's so saturated that none of the news stations or papers even mentions ECU. You guys are in the others playing football section. And Mens Basketball? Not covered at all.

A few clarifications: media support

Didn’t compare Greenville to Virginia Beach, I compared Virginia Beach to nice vacation destinations.

Didn’t say VB had ECU media saturation. I said it had fan support.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. See you in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had sustainable fan support, you'd have the corresponding media support. That's how it works. A large amount of ECU fans in our area? Media support is almost certain to follow. It hasn't.
07-18-2019 12:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aresco opens the door for Colorado State - Old Blue - 07-18-2019 12:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.