Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MBB at Coastal
Bookmark and Share
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
MBB at Coastal
Just realized no game thread here. Dukes trailing 21-16. We beat Tech. Can't make a damn three, makes you wonder if we're having a little trouble adjusting to shooting in the high school esque gym.
02-11-2023 02:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: MBB at Coastal
Down 28-23 with 7 min left. Coastal went on a 11-0 run. Felt eerily similar to the 1st half of the Georgia Southern game, with Coastal getting some easy baskets.
02-11-2023 02:30 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

The first half was some of the most pathetic BB JMU has played all year.
Kudos to CC for playing with energy and focus. The teal chickens want this game, the Dukes are simply sleepwalking.
02-11-2023 02:46 PM
Halz87 Offline
1st String

MBB at Coastal
Tough half. Coastal seems quicker than us and they are definitely shooting better. Certainly didnt help having the refs swallow the whistle a few times while we were attacking. Better go strong if they arent going to call it

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
02-11-2023 02:48 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu
I swear. I feel like a Debbie downer constantly and don’t want to be. I used to talk about how much I loved watching this team because of their hustle and grit, but honestly, this team is not fun to watch anymore. Their basketball IQ is not high. Little composure. Friedel is a bright spot at times but can make the dumbest plays too, momentum killing turnovers. My freaking JV team I coached had better fundamentals when it came to boxing out, hedging and help side defense. They could make a effing layup too. 03-banghead
02-11-2023 02:48 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Brutal first half. The Dukes are playing one of the worst teams in the Sun Belt and getting smoked.
7-15 Coastal Carolina is rated #287 and missing their starting center who is averaging a double-double.

That all adds up to the Dukes losing 41-31 at the half.

Nacho has looked Impressive initiating offense and Mezzie is looking good on offense too. The rest of the team is struggling mightily on offense in their best version of Mr Hyde.

Team defense looks shaky at best. 01-wingedeagle
02-11-2023 02:49 PM
Advertisement

jmutoml757 Offline
All American

WLAX is fun to watch though! 04-cheers
02-11-2023 02:50 PM
sekudog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Still have no idea what our style or rotation is. Actually thought we looked better when Vado was out and we shortened the subs - frustrating team. Edwards is such a freaking gun, hated playing with guys like that he never even sees wide open teammates cutting to the basket.
02-11-2023 02:53 PM
jmudukes001 Offline
Special Teams

Pathetic indeed. Just surprised and disappointed with Byington and this team. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I expected a lot more than what we have produced this season. I am surprised too that Byington runs an offense like we play. Just total street ball and out of control. Like others have said, hard to watch.

The offset is that these games are basically exhibition games and while we want top 4, the tournament in 2.5 weeks will determine the final grade for the season. A loss in the first round or quarterfinals will mean a disappointing season. No doubt.

Hopefully we wake up at halftime and win this one, but no loss surprises me this season .
02-11-2023 02:55 PM
PolishFalconDuke Online
2nd String

Byington is looking more and more like Brady2.0. Which is really, really, really disappointing.
02-11-2023 02:57 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-11-2023 02:55 PM)jmudukes001 Wrote:  Pathetic indeed. Just surprised and disappointed with Byington and this team. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I expected a lot more than what we have produced this season. I am surprised too that Byington runs an offense like we play. Just total street ball and out of control. Like others have said, hard to watch.

The offset is that these games are basically exhibition games and while we want top 4, the tournament in 2.5 weeks will determine the final grade for the season. A loss in the first round or quarterfinals will mean a disappointing season. No doubt.

Hopefully we wake up at halftime and win this one, but no loss surprises me this season .

That’s my hope too, and I wouldn’t be surprised by a come from behind win. That said, the team should not be in this position.
02-11-2023 02:58 PM
Advertisement

sekudog Offline
2nd String

(02-11-2023 02:48 PM)jmutoml757 Wrote:  I swear. I feel like a Debbie downer constantly and don’t want to be. I used to talk about how much I loved watching this team because of their hustle and grit, but honestly, this team is not fun to watch anymore. Their basketball IQ is not high. Little composure. Friedel is a bright spot at times but can make the dumbest plays too, momentum killing turnovers. My freaking JV team I coached had better fundamentals when it came to boxing out, hedging and help side defense. They could make a effing layup too. 03-banghead

Could not agree more. The lazy pass turnovers are maddening and missing wide open guys is ridiculous. No coherent plan that I can see, losing faith in Coach By - getting late in the season we should be gelling.
02-11-2023 02:59 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I had thought our performance against against Georgia Southern was our weakest, relative to our opponent. Today is outdoing that game though.
On another note, both rims sound like they are one turn from falling off the backboard.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2023 03:08 PM by olddawg.)
02-11-2023 03:06 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

On the bright side- we’ve cut it to single digits and don’t have to watch on Flo!!!!
02-11-2023 03:11 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

This is some very ugly basketball right now. Edwards with a layup and FT to cut it to 6.
02-11-2023 03:15 PM
sekudog Offline
2nd String

Team looks very disinterested and no chemistry, look miserable out there -
02-11-2023 03:16 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

It is just gruesome basketball all around. Missed layups, dribbling off their feet, stepping on endline. Just horrible to watch.
02-11-2023 03:19 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

That is some serious home cookin' by the refs. No chance that ball was released before the shot expired.
02-11-2023 03:37 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

Well, they are playing hard and fighting. Getting down to a poor team once in a blue moon is one thing, but how does this keep happening?
02-11-2023 03:37 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

(02-11-2023 03:37 PM)olddawg Wrote:  That is some serious home cookin' by the refs. No chance that ball was released before the shot expired.

And Molson was obviously fouled a few possessions back- like, it was not even close to not being full body contact.
02-11-2023 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.