Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Your Post Season Thoughts
Bookmark and Share
hburg Online

I Root For: James Madison
Your Post Season Thoughts
Exceeded expectations. A great way to end the season.

If Centieo wasn't hurt, we may have gone undefeated.

I really thought we would have seen an uptick in attendence for all games, while we have, there Is a ton of room for improvement.

The whole culture needs to be fixed. Especially the leaving the game early part. There has got to be a way to keep students and casual fans from leaving early.

Personally I don't think Bridgeforth needs to be expanded, yet, I do think there needs to be enhancements walking up to the top deck. There needs to be a second elevator on the west end of the stadium. And maybe one day they can have a ramp to help make it easier for those walking up.

Regardless of the record book. JMU is East division Champs and I am glad the school celebrated it as the Kings of the East.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
11-26-2022 07:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
RE: Post Season thoughts
If BFS needs to bigger or not is a debate for later...

I hope the little side is blended into the new build. Making the lower bowl a horseshoe would look so much better and would propobly bump seats to 30,000 which would sell out at least twice a year, three times when we bring in a a big draw name
11-26-2022 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
Incredible season. I'm glad we got to experience the things we have in FCS, but man is it ever great to be where we belong now. Right out of the gate we left no doubt that we belong in FBS. The dumb transition rules suck, but we aren't the first school they've sucked for and may not be the last. Hopefully we are the last and our performance this year along with other NCAA changes gets real conversation going for getting rid of the bowl ineligible part of transition.

Getting in to game day experience things, definitely some growing pains in some areas that need to be addressed. Concessions have got to get better, you can forget getting anything once the game starts if you don't want to miss any of the game. On top of how bad it is in general, I don't know what was going on today but the line I got in didn't move for 15 minutes. They had paid workers instead of Mary Baldwin students and it seemed even worse. Hope they can find a way to add more lines somewhere. Louisville had a neat "grab and go" thing set up that seems like something we could kinda copy and tweak as needed.

Our DJ or whoever still has a bad habit of playing songs that can get people stomping and noisy on offense or leading up to an offensive possession. Cheerleaders too, they're very quick to jump all over any chants and cheers then lead them on regardless of who has the ball. Hell, at one point with the offense right near them I heard them loudly chanting and banging on the megaphones "First! And ten! First, first! And ten!" Holy crap! Just throw that whole cheer out! 03-shhhh03-lmfao

Fourth quarter song has been discussed a lot and I think they're getting closer. I'd still love to find one song that gets everyone, students and players especially, super fired up and kinda becomes our thing but the kinda mashup they did today went pretty well and also was all in the right "pump up" mindset. I still don't love Livin On a Prayer or Don't Stop Believing because I think of those as a GMCC thing but no denying they get the crowd in to it so maybe I'm too focused on that part of it.

[Image: angst-gets-the-people-going.gif]

Things like students leaving early might always be an issue, it certainly is for plenty of others. Personally I think as they get more used to expecting a competitive game the problem will largely fix itself. I think attendance was pretty great this year, especially considering we had two very wet games and two games during Thanksgiving break. Demand for Marshall was through the roof, we can always expect the same for homecoming, FW, then probably App State, ODU, and others as the rivalries build. I don't think it'll be long before we feel expansion is a must.
11-26-2022 08:01 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
This has been beaten to death, but they really need to find a way to make the concessions efficient. I had a group of people with me today that couldn’t believe how bad the lines were and commented how they easily lose $10000+ on lost sales. I quit running for beer and food long ago.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2022 08:43 PM by Polish Hammer.)
11-26-2022 08:24 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Have never purchased a beer at Bridgeforth. And I love beer.
11-26-2022 08:39 PM
bobbyjmu Offline
Special Teams

Think we need to give the concessions somewhat of a pass on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, hard to get good help from students or employees that are out of town.
11-26-2022 08:48 PM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

RE: Your Post Season Thoughts
(11-26-2022 08:39 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Have never purchased a beer at Bridgeforth. And I love beer.

If I get there early enough to deal with the lines I get a Proud & True just for the team spirit aspect lol
11-26-2022 08:48 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(11-26-2022 08:48 PM)bobbyjmu Wrote:  Think we need to give the concessions somewhat of a pass on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, hard to get good help from students or employees that are out of town.
No, if it’s been good every week and then poor today it would be excusable, but it’s been pathetic every game. They had the same amount of staff as every other game, it’s just a very poorly run operation and needs to be fixed.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2022 08:53 PM by Polish Hammer.)
11-26-2022 08:52 PM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
(11-26-2022 08:52 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(11-26-2022 08:48 PM)bobbyjmu Wrote:  Think we need to give the concessions somewhat of a pass on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, hard to get good help from students or employees that are out of town.
No, if it’s been good every week and then poor today it would be excusable, but it’s been pathetic every game. They had the same amount of staff as every other game, it’s just a very poorly run operation and needs to be fixed.
It is pathetic. I can't imagine the lost revenue. It really needs to be addressed. I am not a big concessions guy but I do like a beer or two but I don't bother.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
11-26-2022 09:08 PM
Bill Offline
1st String

(11-26-2022 08:24 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  This has been beaten to death, but they really need to find a way to make the concessions efficient. I had a group of people with me today that couldn’t believe how bad the lines were and commented how they easily lose $10000+ on lost sales. I quite running for beer and food 2 seasons ago.

same. I hit concessions on my way in and that's it. concessions have been a disaster for years and I see no reason to miss 20 minutes of the game to get anything they are selling, either. They need to start sending barkers into the stands to sell the most popular items, that's what would make their revenue soar and eliminate lines, too.

you can't help but be beyond impressed with the on field product. 6-2, 8-3 and 1st place in the East, the Sun Belt is on notice!

279 days until kickoff!
11-26-2022 09:08 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

On the bright side, I don’t believe we intentionally stocked way too little beer for this game. For anyone who wanted to wait 45+ minutes for a Budweiser, you could do it. You just wouldn’t be able to watch the game.
11-26-2022 09:09 PM
Advertisement

Ike N. Berry Offline
2nd String

My main postseason thought is that, despite generally being optimistic, I didn't necessarily expected JMU to win eight games in their first two FBS seasons combined. They mostly made it look easy when it's anything but.

Also, I didn't realize how much more exciting it'd be to see them playing in the FBS.

Can't wait for next season.
11-26-2022 09:11 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(11-26-2022 09:08 PM)Bill Wrote:  
(11-26-2022 08:24 PM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  This has been beaten to death, but they really need to find a way to make the concessions efficient. I had a group of people with me today that couldn’t believe how bad the lines were and commented how they easily lose $10000+ on lost sales. I quite running for beer and food 2 seasons ago.

same. I hit concessions on my way in and that's it. concessions have been a disaster for years and I see no reason to miss 20 minutes of the game to get anything they are selling, either. They need to start sending barkers into the stands to sell the most popular items, that's what would make their revenue soar and eliminate lines, too.

you can't help but be beyond impressed with the on field product. 6-2, 8-3 and 1st place in the East, the Sun Belt is on notice!

279 days until kickoff!

Yep that's all I do as well. Only reason I went at halftime today is cause I grabbed a coffee pregame and forgot to get a water too.
11-26-2022 09:15 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Pleasantly surprised with the 8-3 record. I thought the Dukes would finish 6-5 in their transition year. What surprised me more than anything was how soft some of the Sun Belt teams are on the lines. JMU dominated physically in many games and that was with a roster of 90% FCS recruits. It is only going to get harder for other Sun Belt teams as JMU recruits to FBS and outmans the lower end of G5.
11-26-2022 09:38 PM
14SemesterDuke Offline
1st String

Am I just a homer or is JMU going to be perennial winners of the sun belt after a full FBS recruiting cycle?
11-26-2022 10:05 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(11-26-2022 10:05 PM)14SemesterDuke Wrote:  Am I just a homer or is JMU going to be perennial winners of the sun belt after a full FBS recruiting cycle?

A lot of strong programs to compete with here, but while Cig is around I won't be surprised to see us viewed the way App State has been, almost always being the team to beat. I still feel like we have times where some of the coaching and playcalling gets very frustrating and doesn't make a lot of sense, but obviously he's already shown he can finish on top of the division and would have a very solid shot at showing we can win the damn thing if we were eligible. It should only get better as we recruit guys to SBC JMU instead of CAA JMU.

One bad hire is all it takes to stumble and maybe even be tough to recover though. Cig won't be around forever, but if we can continue to elevate the program with each hire then we'll be an absolute force and make plenty of trips to the CFP. One bad hire though and we could go more the way of Georgia Southern than App State... Hell, App State might've made their bad hire now.
11-26-2022 10:16 PM
Advertisement

jmu007 Offline
All American

(11-26-2022 08:39 PM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Have never purchased a beer at Bridgeforth. And I love beer.

This. I have never bought a single one. I’d rather not miss a quarter of the game I drove 2 hours to see.
11-26-2022 10:41 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-26-2022 10:41 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  

This. I have never bought a single one. I’d rather not miss a quarter of the game I drove 2 hours to see.

Yep. But it’s wild that they don’t even open all the possible concessions windows for packed games. And even wilder the amount of revenue that could be had with some thoughtful changes.
11-26-2022 10:47 PM
Dukes94 Offline
All American

If you haven't done it, go on Facebook on listen to Cignetti's postgame on JMU Football's page. The man says more about the future of JMU football in ten minutes than we've heard all year. And the future is bright, fellas. The future is bright.
11-26-2022 11:08 PM
GeoJMU Offline
2nd String

I Root For: JMU, CMU
I don't know if anyone else noticed but it did seem like the JMU crowd is learning a little about football and was keeping relatively quiet while the Dukes were on offense yesterday!

Great season - can't wait until next year.
11-27-2022 09:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.