Open TigerLinks

Trendon or Precious
Bookmark and Share
Raleigh_Tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dean, Tigers

Donators
Trendon or Precious
Who’s the better player/compliment to Wiseman- Precious or Trendon? After watching a little of the McDonalds AA coverage I think it’s Precious. He is a freak of nature. And if he came with Lester? Whoa!!
03-27-2019 07:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers
RE: Trendon or Precious
(03-27-2019 07:37 AM)Raleigh_Tiger Wrote:  Who’s the better player/compliment to Wiseman- Precious or Trendon? After watching a little of the McDonalds AA coverage I think it’s Precious. He is a freak of nature. And if he came with Lester? Whoa!!

This is a tough one as both would fit in well...precious has more upside and is a way better athlete and with our uptempo offense he may fit in better.Its hard to say who will be the better college player.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 08:15 AM by tigerderek.)
03-27-2019 08:13 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Precious
03-27-2019 08:19 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-27-2019 07:37 AM)Raleigh_Tiger Wrote:  Who’s the better player/compliment to Wiseman- Precious or Trendon? After watching a little of the McDonalds AA coverage I think it’s Precious. He is a freak of nature. And if he came with Lester? Whoa!!

Trendon all day everyday. Precious has huge upside, but Trendon will impact the team immediately.

Precious is uber athletic, but isn't polished. Trendon is the more polished player of the two and doesn't have to score to impact the game.
03-27-2019 08:21 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I agree,if I’d have to pick one it would be precious but I’d be fine with either one.
03-27-2019 08:21 AM
tiger ron Offline
2nd String

I Root For: memphis tigers
Sign Precious and Lester - then lock the door!
03-27-2019 08:53 AM
Advertisement

thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
03-cloud9 This is what comes to mind when looking at the potential of Precious 03-cloud9

03-27-2019 09:11 AM
dwash Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I like Precious athleticism. The question really becomes does Precious know how.to.use that athleticism. Or is he just an athlete standing on the perimeter waiving his hand for the ball? Does he go hard on defense? Does he crash the boards? Roll to the rim.like.his.life depends on it? If not, then Watford is the one, atleast as a freshman.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 09:18 AM by dwash.)
03-27-2019 09:16 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(03-27-2019 08:21 AM)tigers0830 Wrote:  

Trendon all day everyday. Precious has huge upside, but Trendon will impact the team immediately.

Precious is uber athletic, but isn't polished. Trendon is the more polished player of the two and doesn't have to score to impact the game.

I disagree that Precious isn’t polished. Watford is a very good, very nice player. I’d love to have him. But if I’m choosing, it’s Precious every time. Dude will impact a game because he is on a different level of athleticism than probably 90% of college basketball players.

Reel in Achiuwa and Quinones and we’ll dominate.
03-27-2019 09:22 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. For our conference schedule, I like Precious. For our OOC schedule, Trendon.
03-27-2019 09:28 AM
jammaster Offline
Hooptie Ride

I Root For: Tigers/Cowboys
Hard to choose on this one. Precious is an uber-athletic freak. Trendon, at least from what I've seen on YouTube, is a strong ball handler who can drive to the rim and can also hit the outside J

What happens if Trendon, Precious and Lester ALL want to come here?
03-27-2019 09:30 AM
Advertisement

HarvardTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
I think Watford's game compliments Wiseman more, mostly because of his basketball skills can generate more opportunities for Wiseman and visa versa. Achiuwa isn't a a facilitator and probably fits the attacking open court play that Hardaway wants. To be honest, there is no wrong answer. Both players be provide a major upgrade.
03-27-2019 09:43 AM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(03-27-2019 09:30 AM)jammaster Wrote:  Hard to choose on this one. Precious is an uber-athletic freak. Trendon, at least from what I've seen on YouTube, is a strong ball handler who can drive to the rim and can also hit the outside J

What happens if Trendon, Precious and Lester ALL want to come here?

They actually do...work do be done with the salary cap...as well as Matthew Hurt... We actually have a real CONUNDRUM.... It's a gr8 problem to have,but there's ONLY so many spots... There's the occasional player that wants otherwise...but the TOP guys want to play for TP; EVEN "Bronny" has already listed Memphis as a potential destination.... This is POWER that is unprecedented, and it's dramatically altering the CBB landscape 03-cloud9
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 09:46 AM by thagr82008.)
03-27-2019 09:45 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
If we need to exploit the one year of Wiseman, Watford is the no-brainer.

If the want is to maximize next year, take Watford and Rayjon Tucker over Precious and Lester.

Lester, as a top 75 player, won't likely be an immediate impact, dominant guy.

Heck, here are some recent Memphis players ranked from 40ish-70:

Willie Kemp (41)
Witherspoon (38)
KJ Lawson (53)
Nick King (48)
Antonio Anderson (66)
Jeff Robinson (48)
Jeremy Hunt (72)

None of those guys as frosh were "go-to" guys or even guys that were relied upon as a 2nd or 3rd option.

Now, if we want to "long play" this roster, obviously you get Lester and Precious.
03-27-2019 10:00 AM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

If Penny can actually land Precious, he won’t pass on landing a cat like that.

Actually what I’d like to see Penny and Miller do is move/keep both Jayden and Boyce to walk-on status and find a good landing spot for Victor. Then go get all three of them. Precious, Quinones, Watford.

Problem solved everybody’s happy.
03-27-2019 10:13 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
(03-27-2019 09:43 AM)HarvardTiger Wrote:  I think Watford's game compliments Wiseman more, mostly because of his basketball skills can generate more opportunities for Wiseman and visa versa. Achiuwa isn't a a facilitator and probably fits the attacking open court play that Hardaway wants. To be honest, there is no wrong answer. Both players be provide a major upgrade.

Harvard is right, and that's the key. We have 1 year with Wiseman, and we should finish this recruiting cycle getting players and shooters who compliment James.

Achiuwa is slightly higher on recruiting rankings - #16 on Rivals vs. Trendon at #19 - because of his athleticism. But he can't shoot. He shot 22% from 3, and 54% from the free throw line for his Under Armour AAU team last summer. Trendon is a much better shooter, ball handler and facilitator, so I would choose Trendon for us all day.

Achiuwa might be the better NBA prospect, he has the athleticism the NBA wants. Can switch and guard 1-4. Great in transition. Already on some '20 late 1st round NBA mocks. The Michael Kidd Gilchrist type.

Last thing is I don't really even think Precious wants to be in college next year. Achiuwa will be 20 in September, very old for his class, so 1 and 1/2 years older than James. If there was no one-and-done, he would be in the draft this June. He has been very disinterested in recruiting as his coach has said. The Bleacher Report guy said he thought Precious could be the 1st HS guy to to take the $125K, one year in G-League route. I doubt that, but who knows?
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019 10:23 AM by Tigx.)
03-27-2019 10:22 AM
Advertisement

rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
So here is what the players at the McDAA game is saying about Precious A.

PRECIOUS
ACHIUWA
RANK
N/A
6'9" | 215 LBS | PF
MONTVERDE ACADEMY
MONTVERDE, FL
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED
“The first day of practice and early the second day he was really showing his range in terms of shooting.” - Isaiah Stewart

Didn't find thoughts on Trendon. But I would take him because of his offensive skill set. Although the Isaiah commented on Precious showing range.
03-27-2019 10:23 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
(03-27-2019 10:23 AM)rolexjames Wrote:  So here is what the players at the McDAA game is saying about Precious A.

PRECIOUS
ACHIUWA
RANK
N/A
6'9" | 215 LBS | PF
MONTVERDE ACADEMY
MONTVERDE, FL
CLASS OF 2019
UNDECIDED
“The first day of practice and early the second day he was really showing his range in terms of shooting.” - Isaiah Stewart

Didn't find thoughts on Trendon. But I would take him because of his offensive skill set. Although the Isaiah commented on Precious showing range.

I would look at his year's of shooting stats over what another recruit said, but that's me.
03-27-2019 10:24 AM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Watford
03-27-2019 10:37 AM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

(03-27-2019 10:00 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  If we need to exploit the one year of Wiseman, Watford is the no-brainer.

If the want is to maximize next year, take Watford and Rayjon Tucker over Precious and Lester.

Lester, as a top 75 player, won't likely be an immediate impact, dominant guy.

Heck, here are some recent Memphis players ranked from 40ish-70:

Willie Kemp (41)
Witherspoon (38)
KJ Lawson (53)
Nick King (48)
Antonio Anderson (66)
Jeff Robinson (48)
Jeremy Hunt (72)

None of those guys as frosh were "go-to" guys or even guys that were relied upon as a 2nd or 3rd option.

Now, if we want to "long play" this roster, obviously you get Lester and Precious.

Jeremy hunt prob was and tone started but I get your point.
03-27-2019 10:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.