Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Beer Thread
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Beer Thread
Anyone who has followed ODUbbs knows that I am the beer guy over there. I want to know what the beer scene is like in your parts (I may be out your way for research purposes in the near future). Hot breweries, style trends (what people are buying), what you personally like, anything I can use. Go forth and sample these delicious beverages. I look forward to your replies.
03-08-2019 11:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

I Root For: UH
Beer Thread
St. Arnolds is good here in Houston.

Sent from the warp via the ruinous powers of chaos.
03-08-2019 11:52 PM
Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!
RE: Beer Thread
I'm a No Label fan myself for Houston area breweries - Katy, TX.

I'll have another El Hefe Weizen please!
03-09-2019 12:16 AM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

Beer Thread
7th wonder brewery is good too.

03-09-2019 12:17 AM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
Can't speak to the Orlando brewing scene since it has changed so much since I was living there, but in Louisiana you've got a couple good options. My favorites are Bayou Teche outside Lafayette and NOLA Brewing down in NOLA. Urban South is another good one in NOLA. I'm sure the Tulane folks would have more to share.
03-09-2019 12:22 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
several in Memphis but lead by Memphis Made, High Cotton, Ghost River and Meddlesome. my favorite locals are from Ghost River to be honest - they dont go as hop heavy as some of the others IMO and i really like their Golden Ale and Grindhouse lables. Ghost River is down at the south end of S. Main and High Cotton is on Madison, about the half way point of downtown. both have public tap rooms. if you like your spirits a bit stronger, Old Dominick Distillery is in the South Main District - https://olddominick.com/
03-09-2019 10:15 AM
Advertisement

CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Just looked up Ghost River and they are definitely going on the list. Pretty cool.

No Label sounds good too. Any place that can do both a kolsch and a hefeweizen well sounds like a good place.

Never really though of Montana as a place for craft beer but the brewery map says otherwise. Great Northern looks like it would be a trek to get to but interesting beer.
03-09-2019 11:49 AM
The Grape King Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Temple
As someone who was a big time beer hobbyist and worked in the craft beer industry on the supplier side, i can say confidently that the conversation around beer starts and ends with Genesee Cream.
03-09-2019 01:05 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
We have a Yuengling brewery directly across the street from campus at USF, where you can tour the brewery and/or visit the tasting room.

[Image: yuengling-tampa-brewery.jpg]

And of course, Busch Gardens (though they don't brew beer there any more). That said, Tampa's best known export is Cigar City, which also has a brewery tour/tasting room, though it's just OK.

[Image: ccbnewlogo.jpg?w=772]

If you're actually visiting, I might suggest a few other options, including:

[Image: angry%20chair%20logo%20main.png]

[Image: 14257583_901124523320983_269046911302721...e=5D106A75]

[Image: ylGAyhEi_400x400.jpg]

USFFan
03-09-2019 01:22 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Pony applied for a liquor license so we can sell beer at Dairy Whip. Until then he just makes it in his garage and we sell it behind the store in mason jars.
03-09-2019 01:49 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

Beer Thread
(03-09-2019 01:49 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  Pony applied for a liquor license so we can sell beer at Dairy Whip. Until then he just makes it in his garage and we sell it behind the store in mason jars.

Does pony not realize its no longer 1920?

03-09-2019 01:51 PM
Advertisement

TheOrigamiJimmyChin Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: My wife
(03-08-2019 11:52 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  St. Arnolds is good here in Houston.

I've always wanted to be a St Arnolds fan, but I've never cared for their beer. They do a great job of marketing, and they've got a great facility. And for all I know, they may have made some better beer in the last 20 years...but it's just never got enough hops for me.

I don't drink much beer anymore, usually just when I'm with friends on vacation, or maybe a single at a football game.

I don't "explore" too much, just stick with the old standbys:

I still like Karbach's Hopadillo IPA (even though they sold out to the Evil Empire).

I like Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company's 1836 Copper Ale, and Sam's Daily is ok too.

I also like Southern Star's Bombshell Blonde.

When I'm out in West Texas, Alpine's Big Bend Brewing Company has been the way to go...but I just heard they're moving to San Antonio and temporarily halted operations until the SA location is open.

I've still never had a No Label, or 8th Wonder, or newer Houston places like True Anomaly, Under the Radar, Platypus, Eureka Heights, Spindletap, Baileson, Walking Stick, Holler, 11 Below, Sigma, Great Heights, Brash, City Acre, Klaus, Astral, or the other dozens of places that have popped up since I was in my beer drinking days.

Not sure who's drinking all these beers, but there's a ****-ton of options in Houston nowadays.
03-09-2019 01:57 PM
Westhoff123 Offline
Dr. Doom

Beer Thread
(03-09-2019 01:57 PM)TheOrigamiJimmyChin Wrote:  
(03-08-2019 11:52 PM)Westhoff123 Wrote:  St. Arnolds is good here in Houston.

I've always wanted to be a St Arnolds fan, but I've never cared for their beer. They do a great job of marketing, and they've got a great facility. And for all I know, they may have made some better beer in the last 20 years...but it's just never got enough hops for me.

I don't drink much beer anymore, usually just when I'm with friends on vacation, or maybe a single at a football game.

I don't "explore" too much, just stick with the old standbys:

I still like Karbach's Hopadillo IPA (even though they sold out to the Evil Empire).

I like Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company's 1836 Copper Ale, and Sam's Daily is ok too.

I also like Southern Star's Bombshell Blonde.

When I'm out in West Texas, Alpine's Big Bend Brewing Company has been the way to go...but I just heard they're moving to San Antonio and temporarily halted operations until the SA location is open.

I've still never had a No Label, or 8th Wonder, or newer Houston places like True Anomaly, Under the Radar, Platypus, Eureka Heights, Spindletap, Baileson, Walking Stick, Holler, 11 Below, Sigma, Great Heights, Brash, City Acre, Klaus, Astral, or the other dozens of places that have popped up since I was in my beer drinking days.

Not sure who's drinking all these beers, but there's a ****-ton of options in Houston nowadays.

8th wonder is good, i highly recommend it!

03-09-2019 03:37 PM
MTXE Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOL
Coors is a beer I really enjoy. Great way to wash down a crispy catsup covered ribeye.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019 03:44 PM by MTXE.)
03-09-2019 03:43 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(03-09-2019 11:49 AM)CameramanJ Wrote:  Just looked up Ghost River and they are definitely going on the list. Pretty cool.

No Label sounds good too. Any place that can do both a kolsch and a hefeweizen well sounds like a good place.

Never really though of Montana as a place for craft beer but the brewery map says otherwise. Great Northern looks like it would be a trek to get to but interesting beer.

Wiseacre Brewing is another good craft brewery in Memphis. I love Ghost River, but Wiseacre is good, too.

https://wiseacrebrew.com/
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019 03:48 PM by TripleA.)
03-09-2019 03:48 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(03-09-2019 03:43 PM)MTXE Wrote:  Coors is a beer I really enjoy. Great way to wash down a crispy catsup covered ribeye.

LOL - hopefully cooked well done, too!

USFFan
03-09-2019 03:56 PM
Advertisement

MTXE Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOL
(03-09-2019 03:56 PM)usffan Wrote:  
(03-09-2019 03:43 PM)MTXE Wrote:  Coors is a beer I really enjoy. Great way to wash down a crispy catsup covered ribeye.

LOL - hopefully cooked well done, too!

USFFan

Real BBQ deserves a real beer
03-09-2019 04:06 PM
TheOrigamiJimmyChin Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: My wife

Ketchup on steak is a travesty. Have some class, it's A-1 on a well-done steak brother!!! 03-lmfao

But good call on the Coors. It's a banquet beer!
03-09-2019 05:09 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
Coors always gives me a headache, but Coors Familiar is pretty good.
03-09-2019 05:37 PM
Tymanh99 Offline

I Root For: .
Donators
in cincinnati, urban artifact is putting out some of the best sours in the game right now.

brink brewing & streetside brewery have almost perfected their NE-style ipa but hasn't really taken off on the national scene yet.

hoof-hearted in columbus is probably my favorite brewery within driving distance. their NE style IPAs are some of the best in the world right now, notably KeyBump and Dragonsaddle.

I'm making another stop in bearded iris in nashville this year and can't wait. also have some new glarus spotted cow/raspberry tart coming back from WI from a friend next week.
03-09-2019 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.