Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dems: 800K Illegal Immigrants Are Worth Forcing Active Military To Go Without Pay
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Dems: 800K Illegal Immigrants Are Worth Forcing Active Military To Go Without Pay
[Image: 30sjdyf.jpg]

Priorities.

Quote:Democrats are threatening to hold national security hostage, potentially costing the economy billions and forcing hundreds of thousands of federal government employees to go without pay in exchange for securing legal protections for 800,000 illegal immigrants.

Congress has three days to strike a deal to keep the government funded through October. If members fail to come to an agreement by Jan. 19, all “non-essential” government employees and active U.S. Military personnel will be working with out pay (including troops currently deployed). Funding for agencies like federal museums or national parks will also be cut off.

Congressional Democrats are apparently content with allowing military and law enforcement personnel to go without pay to secure protections and benefits for illegal immigrants and members of their extended families.

Keep reading here...
01-17-2018 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Dems: 800K Illegal Immigrants Are Worth Forcing Active Military To Go Without Pay
That’s an interesting way of looking at it, and it isn’t wrong.
01-17-2018 12:34 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
RE: Dems: 800K Illegal Immigrants Are Worth Forcing Active Military To Go Without Pay
House hasn't reached a deal yet they will vote for. Democrats to blame for that too?
If Dems block in the Senate that's the best deal GOP could hope for to stem the off-year elections.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018 12:49 PM by arkstfan.)
01-17-2018 12:48 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(01-17-2018 12:30 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  [Image: 30sjdyf.jpg]

Priorities.

Quote:Democrats are threatening to hold national security hostage, potentially costing the economy billions and forcing hundreds of thousands of federal government employees to go without pay in exchange for securing legal protections for 800,000 illegal immigrants.

Congress has three days to strike a deal to keep the government funded through October. If members fail to come to an agreement by Jan. 19, all “non-essential” government employees and active U.S. Military personnel will be working with out pay (including troops currently deployed). Funding for agencies like federal museums or national parks will also be cut off.

Congressional Democrats are apparently content with allowing military and law enforcement personnel to go without pay to secure protections and benefits for illegal immigrants and members of their extended families.

Keep reading here...

Funny you didn't seem to mind when the Republicans were doing it to Obama.
01-17-2018 12:51 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-17-2018 12:51 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Priorities.

Keep reading here...

Funny, I don't recall Republicans putting the needs of non-citizens above those of US citizens when it came to budget matters.
01-17-2018 12:56 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Wait...I thought I heard that in the event of a government shut down that the military still got paid?

Regardless, the R's are in charge. If the government shuts down, it's their fault and will be seen as such by the voters.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018 12:58 PM by Redwingtom.)
01-17-2018 12:57 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

Priorities.

Keep reading here...

Yep.

So all's good.

And doing the whataboutism... we should all fully expect the Mainstream Media to ream the Dems for holding the nation hostage. I mean, their objectivity mandates that they treat the threat identically.
01-17-2018 12:57 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
R's not in charge: Any and all government shutdows are their fault.
R's in charge: Any and all governemnt shutdowns are their fault.

Hey Redwingtom (and any liberal who agrees with him), when will any and all government shutdowns be your sides fault.
01-17-2018 01:08 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
I'm a bit confused as to how a party that doesn't control the House, the Senate, or the Presidency can hold anything up...
01-17-2018 01:10 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(01-17-2018 01:10 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  I'm a bit confused as to how a party that doesn't control the House, the Senate, or the Presidency can hold anything up...

I actually thought you were one of the libs that was smarter than this. I guess not.
01-17-2018 01:20 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(01-17-2018 12:56 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  

Priorities.

Keep reading here...

Funny, I don't recall Republicans putting the needs of non-citizens above those of US citizens when it came to budget matters.

No they shut it down because they didn't want to fund Obamacare which would have effected American citizens.
01-17-2018 01:21 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(01-17-2018 12:57 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  If the government shuts down, it's their fault and will be seen as such by the voters.

Voting records will indicate otherwise.
01-17-2018 01:24 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(01-17-2018 01:21 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 12:56 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  

Priorities.

Keep reading here...

No they shut it down because they didn't want to fund Obamacare which would have effected American citizens.

Not funding ObamaCare would have impacted American citizens.

Funding ObamaCare impacted American citizens. Just a different group of citizens.

Personally, I fall into the second group.
01-17-2018 01:25 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

Not a good look.

01-17-2018 01:28 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
how much would it cost to load up those 800,000 on planes, fly them to wherever they came from and push them out?
01-17-2018 01:32 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(01-17-2018 01:32 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  how much would it cost to load up those 800,000 on planes, fly them to wherever they came from and push them out?

In money or broken families?

Of course you are talking about money because we all know that's all that conservatives care about. So what about the broken families right?
01-17-2018 01:48 PM
Advertisement

DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(01-17-2018 01:48 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(01-17-2018 01:32 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  how much would it cost to load up those 800,000 on planes, fly them to wherever they came from and push them out?

Of course you are talking about money because we all know that's all that conservatives care about. So what about the broken families right?

Please tell us more about what we think and what we care about, Fit. After all you know everything and us "dirty white people" know nothing. Amiright?
01-17-2018 01:56 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(01-17-2018 12:57 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Wait...I thought I heard that in the event of a government shut down that the military still got paid?

Regardless, the R's are in charge. If the government shuts down, it's their fault and will be seen as such by the voters.

They do.

Now the private contractors who do a lot of the work on keeping em flying may get sent home.

The shut down system is stupid.

Let me be president for the next shut down.

We ain't just putting yellow tape around monuments. You have 48 hours to get back into the US because 48 hours after shut down the Army is closing all border crossing entry into the US. Anything on container ships is sitting in the ports with the Navy and Army ready to shoot you if you try to offload while the customs agents are sent home. 72 hours after shut down you better have your aircraft where you want it because we are shutting down air traffic control and anything civilian flying is presumed hostile. Army can provide medical air transport.

Within 12 months we will have a new constitutional amendment that provides the budget rolls over with no increases if Congress can't pass one and we never have a shut down again.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2018 01:59 PM by arkstfan.)
01-17-2018 01:59 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

[Image: giphy.gif]
01-17-2018 02:03 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

not my concern.
01-17-2018 02:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.