Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Don't smoke in SEC stadiums....
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
Don't smoke in SEC stadiums....
So did the officer overreact or did the obnoxious lady who refused to put out her cigarette and then sticks it in the officer's face, get what she deserved. Watch the video in link....

https://twitter.com/SECcountry/status/92...1148368897
11-06-2017 01:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
RE: Don't smoke in SEC stadiums....
Not an over reaction. Put the cig out. And that is the end of it.
11-06-2017 02:03 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
By the letter of the law she committed assault.
11-06-2017 02:06 PM
hoopfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: hoops
She was kindly handing him the cig that he wanted.
11-06-2017 02:08 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
I think he overreacted. I would have just took the cigarette from her and put it out.
11-06-2017 02:12 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(11-06-2017 02:06 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  By the letter of the law she committed assault.

She should have been tossed from the stadium, physically by the officer, but give me a break. It is this kind of "rubber" definition of assault that makes hitting on a woman at a bar "sexual assault". I'm on the officer's side here, but that is not "assault". Looks to me like she was overly intoxicated and needed to be removed from the stadium... and maybe spend the night in jail to sober up. Anything more than that is overkill.
11-06-2017 02:13 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
The officer needs additional training. He should report immediately to Delta and American Airlines to learn the proper way to skull drag a person out of the stadium.
11-06-2017 02:13 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(11-06-2017 01:58 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  So did the officer overreact or did the obnoxious lady who refused to put out her cigarette and then sticks it in the officer's face, get what she deserved. Watch the video in link....

https://twitter.com/SECcountry/status/92...1148368897

That nag got what she deserved... If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times... Comply comply comply...
11-06-2017 02:16 PM
Kaplony Offline

(11-06-2017 02:13 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 02:06 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  By the letter of the law she committed assault.

She should have been tossed from the stadium, physically by the officer, but give me a break. It is this kind of "rubber" definition of assault that makes hitting on a woman at a bar "sexual assault". I'm on the officer's side here, but that is not "assault". Looks to me like she was overly intoxicated and needed to be removed from the stadium... and maybe spend the night in jail to sober up. Anything more than that is overkill.

LOL

So how exactly was she supposed to be "removed from the stadium"? The video clip only shows a portion of the contact. How long had he been trying to get her to put out the smoke? How many times was she told she could either put out the smoke or be removed? What transpired between the officer and this woman before the video camera was rolling? Oh....you don't know? Then you can't make a definitive statement about it being "overkill"
11-06-2017 02:22 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(11-06-2017 02:22 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 02:13 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  

LOL

So how exactly was she supposed to be "removed from the stadium"? The video clip only shows a portion of the contact. How long had he been trying to get her to put out the smoke? How many times was she told she could either put out the smoke or be removed? What transpired between the officer and this woman before the video camera was rolling? Oh....you don't know? Then you can't make a definitive statement about it being "overkill"

How he removed her was appropriate, I agree, but she did not "assault" him (calling it assault is the overkill). She refused to comply, which justifies the physical removal.
11-06-2017 02:25 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I think she got what she deserved. I would think she had already been asked by those around her to put the cig out. They then had to resort to getting an officer to ask her. Well, she acted like a privileged b#tch and I don't blame the officer.
11-06-2017 02:41 PM
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
Typical entitled Alabama fan.
11-06-2017 02:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(11-06-2017 02:47 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Typical entitled Alabama fan.

YES! 03-lmfao
11-06-2017 03:01 PM
Kaplony Offline

(11-06-2017 02:47 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Typical entitled Alabama fan.

He should have tased her for wearing that Godawful houndstooth coat
11-06-2017 03:03 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Oh wait she was a Bama fan? He should have shot her.
11-06-2017 03:41 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-06-2017 02:25 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
Quote: So how exactly was she supposed to be "removed from the stadium"? The video clip only shows a portion of the contact. How long had he been trying to get her to put out the smoke? How many times was she told she could either put out the smoke or be removed? What transpired between the officer and this woman before the video camera was rolling? Oh....you don't know? Then you can't make a definitive statement about it being "overkill"

How he removed her was appropriate, I agree, but she did not "assault" him (calling it assault is the overkill). She refused to comply, which justifies the physical removal.

As I can't see the video...

did she "make a physical attack on" the officer? Then it was assault.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 03:59 PM by DaSaintFan.)
11-06-2017 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-06-2017 03:59 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  
Quote: So how exactly was she supposed to be "removed from the stadium"? The video clip only shows a portion of the contact. How long had he been trying to get her to put out the smoke? How many times was she told she could either put out the smoke or be removed? What transpired between the officer and this woman before the video camera was rolling? Oh....you don't know? Then you can't make a definitive statement about it being "overkill"

She stuck the lit cigarette in the officer's face after he ask her to put it out...

[Image: 2pr8jnk.jpg]

This was the officer's reaction

[Image: wk4t3m.jpg]
11-06-2017 04:06 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(11-06-2017 04:06 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

She stuck the lit cigarette in the officer's face after he ask her to put it out...

She wasn't trying to burn him with it. She was being an immature, defiant idiot... but that isn't assault.
11-06-2017 04:12 PM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
He should have left, returned with a fire extinguisher, and sprayed it all over her hand and arm.
11-06-2017 04:31 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(11-06-2017 04:12 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 04:06 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

She wasn't trying to burn him with it. She was being an immature, defiant idiot... but that isn't assault.

It doesn't matter, she put the cigarette in a position that made the smoke go in his face. Non-smokers would consider that an assault on their health.
11-06-2017 04:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.