Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Big East not in the Charlotte Bowl's future
Orange Aid Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Big East not in the Charlotte Bowl's future
Looks like the BE will lose the Charlotte Bowl as they are looking for SEC or C-USA tie ins to suit their needs. The Toronto Bowl will be our replacement, which will put a BE team against a MAC team.
03-28-2006 11:39 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94

A few short months ago there was celebration by some on this message board because the Big East was going to "steal" the Liberty Bowl from C-USA.

My, how things have changed. Maybe tigershark is dead wrong about the value that some C-USA schools can bring to a conference.
03-28-2006 11:52 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators

The Charlotte Bowl doesn't really want a tie-in with C-USA per se, they want a tie in with ECU.
03-28-2006 11:53 AM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

I think you're going to need some linkage here Orange. Otherwise it's worthless. That has been said before and nothing came of it.
03-28-2006 11:57 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

Hard to hold onto bowls when there are only eight football schools in the conference.
03-28-2006 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote:A few short months ago there was celebration by some on this message board because the Big East was going to "steal" the Liberty Bowl from C-USA.
I suppose when your champ is sent to a bowl that pays less than 2 million dollars you have to cling on to every moral victory you can.

Quote:Hard to hold onto bowls when there are only eight football schools in the conference.
You're right. I think we should expand within the current footprint.
03-28-2006 12:35 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
Link please
I don't know where this is coming from, considering we signed a contract with them through 2009...hard for me to believe that CUSA got the bowl to drop the contract and sign with them.
03-28-2006 12:49 PM
tigersharktwo
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

3601 Wrote:A few short months ago there was celebration by some on this message board because the Big East was going to "steal" the Liberty Bowl from C-USA.

My, how things have changed. Maybe tigershark is dead wrong about the value that some C-USA schools can bring to a conference.
Value in whats left of cusa?hardlyThe value is in the tv contracts and the bcs bowl.The Charlotte bowl has 3 more years.By that time the meadowlands will have a new 90k stadium for the giants and jets and for a bowl game.
03-28-2006 12:51 PM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote:By that time the meadowlands will have a new 90k stadium for the giants and jets and for a bowl game.
If it has a roof.
03-28-2006 12:57 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
Pathetic Fanbase Behavior
Still no link? That figures. Haven't you all figured out this "Orange Aid" character yet? Despite the supposed Syracuse nickname, he/she first appeared on this board for the sole purpose of "defending" East Carolina when the contract dispute with the Orange became public. More than half of his/her posts promote the "benefits" that East Carolina would allegedly bring the Big East. And now he/she posts this line of bunk - with no link - which merely repeats what East Carolina fans keep trying to claim.

The Meineke Car Care Bowl isn't going anywhere else until at least 2009 whether East Carolina fans like it or not. Stop spreading this baseless lie. It doesn't help your school. All it does is make some members of your fanbase look wacky. Most posters on this board realize that East Carolina has some positives. They also realize that Central Florida, Memphis, and even Temple have positives too. No one knows what the Big East is going to do yet, and no posts typed on this board can change that fact.
03-28-2006 02:20 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Re: Pathetic Fanbase Behavior
Krocker Krapp Wrote:Still no link? That figures. Haven't you all figured out this "Orange Aid" character yet? Despite the supposed Syracuse nickname, he/she first appeared on this board for the sole purpose of "defending" East Carolina when the contract dispute with the Orange became public. More than half of his/her posts promote the "benefits" that East Carolina would allegedly bring the Big East. And now he/she posts this line of bunk - with no link - which merely repeats what East Carolina fans keep trying to claim.

The Meineke Car Care Bowl isn't going anywhere else until at least 2009 whether East Carolina fans like it or not. Stop spreading this baseless lie. It doesn't help your school. All it does is make some members of your fanbase look wacky. Most posters on this board realize that East Carolina has some positives. They also realize that Central Florida, Memphis, and even Temple have positives too. No one knows what the Big East is going to do yet, and no posts typed on this board can change that fact.

Here's a link. It doesn't say anything about C-USA.

http://www.crva.com/displayNews.aspx?id=78
03-28-2006 02:43 PM
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

I was under the impressin that the Charlotte bowl had reupped with the BE. However,I think we always will have trouble with bowls and it has nothing to do with being an 8 team league. We just don't have a lot of schools that travel well. Its hard to see Pitt, UC or Syracuse becoming even average teams in terms of traveling to bowls. The loss of VT really hurt us in this area

Jackson
03-28-2006 02:55 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

mlb Wrote:The Charlotte Bowl doesn't really want a tie-in with C-USA per se, they want a tie in with ECU.

It wants one with Marshall too.
03-28-2006 02:59 PM
Pinetown Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

East Carolina and Viginia Tech play in Charlotte in 2007 as a part of their 9 year deal. 4 home, 4 away, 1 neutral site.
03-28-2006 03:04 PM
Smokin Pirate Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Quote:We just don't have a lot of schools that travel well. Its hard to see Pitt, UC or Syracuse becoming even average teams in terms of traveling to bowls. The loss of VT really hurt us in this area

This is why when expansion takes place teams that travel well will definately be looked at. The Big East has got to improve it's image with the bowls or be left out. It's all about bringing in the $$$$.
03-28-2006 03:04 PM
Krocker Krapp Offline
Number 1 Starter

I Root For: RU, SJU, UConn
Meineke Car Care Bowl Website
Here is a link to the official website of the Meineke Car Care Bowl (http://www.meinekecarcarebowl.com/conferences.htm). Do not even try to dispute the information on their own website. Note which conferences are listed - ACC and Big East. Note, also, that Notre Dame is clearly in the Big East column. This proves me right and everyone wrong who said that Notre Dame is not part of the Big East deal with the Meineke Car Care Bowl. Eat those words.

The Meineke Car Care Bowl doesn't have any option but the Big East at this time. The SEC is not likely to have 9 bowl eligible teams and CUSA #6 or #7 will not make this bowl jump. The Big East is there to stay until at least 2009. You people also forget that the ACC can offer North Carolina, North Carolina State, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Clemson. One of those 7 should always be available, so ticket sales should never be a problem.
03-28-2006 03:35 PM
Advertisement

CardinalZen Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

The article at the link which 3601 Beale provided is from December 28th, i.e. before the latest rounds of bowl agreements were finalized.
03-28-2006 03:42 PM
Murph1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

3601 Wrote:A few short months ago there was celebration by some on this message board because the Big East was going to "steal" the Liberty Bowl from C-USA.

Translation: Memphis brings the Liberty Bowl with it, just in case you need to be reminded again. ;-)
03-28-2006 03:48 PM
TopCoog Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Problem is Murph Memphis is a CUSA school, havent seen a press release that they were going anywhere nor have I seen one that says any league is even looking. Sticking to the facts would be helpful.
03-28-2006 04:01 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

Murph1 Wrote:

Translation: Memphis brings the Liberty Bowl with it, just in case you need to be reminded again. ;-)

ehhh, it's just a minor bowl, who would want that?
03-28-2006 04:14 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.