Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Chris Crawford
Bookmark and Share
Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Offline
Knower of all known knowings

I Root For: Master Yoda
Chris Crawford
31 minutes against Lipscomb and ZERO FT attempts. 0-11 for the game. 2-23 the last 2 games and ZERO FT attempts in over 63 combined minutes on the floor.

WTF??????????????

Thank God he played some good D, but this is getting crazy.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 07:02 AM by Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas.)
12-21-2012 06:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
RE: Chris Crawford
(12-21-2012 06:17 AM)Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Wrote:  31 minutes against Lipscomb and ZERO FT attempts. 0-11 for the game. 2-23 the last 2 games and ZERO FT attempts in over 63 combined minutes on the floor.

WTF??????????????

Yeah his D was great, he was all over the 0-star athlete. I was like WOW look how he is shutting down that volleyball player.
12-21-2012 07:59 AM
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofM TIGERS!
Chris wouldn't see many minutes if I was the coach. He's just not very good . I think his motor is holding him back. Just a lazy player.
12-21-2012 08:02 AM

(12-21-2012 07:59 AM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(12-21-2012 06:17 AM)Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Wrote:  31 minutes against Lipscomb and ZERO FT attempts. 0-11 for the game. 2-23 the last 2 games and ZERO FT attempts in over 63 combined minutes on the floor.

WTF??????????????

Yeah his D was great, he was all over the 0-star athlete. I was like WOW look how he is shutting down that volleyball player.

hard to argue with 7 steals

Offensively, all he is giving us is a low TO rate.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 08:04 AM by Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas.)
12-21-2012 08:04 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies
He's in a MAJOR slump and will break out of it soon...watch.
12-21-2012 08:07 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
(12-21-2012 08:02 AM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  Chris wouldn't see many minutes if I was the coach. He's just not very good . I think his motor is holding him back. Just a lazy player.

Thank God you aren't the coach.
12-21-2012 08:07 AM
Advertisement

BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

Chris is not a consistent shooter. That's a problem when he relies on it so much. Like Adonis, I'd rather see Chris drive and shoot that little floating mid-range or strictly try to become a assist first pg. and defensive stopper. But, he's so lazy at times. Imagine what he'd do if his motor stayed revved up all game.
12-21-2012 08:09 AM
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-21-2012 08:07 AM)missjtiger Wrote:  
(12-21-2012 08:02 AM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  Chris wouldn't see many minutes if I was the coach. He's just not very good . I think his motor is holding him back. Just a lazy player.

I'm just being honest about what I see. Shoot me.
12-21-2012 08:11 AM

(12-21-2012 08:09 AM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  Chris is not a consistent shooter. That's a problem when he relies on it so much. Like Adonis, I'd rather see Chris drive and shoot that little floating mid-range or strictly try to become a assist first pg. and defensive stopper. But, he's so lazy at times. Imagine what he'd do if his motor stayed revved up all game.

Most shooters get their range going at the FT when they are struggling.

He really needs to get to the FT line more.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 08:11 AM by Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas.)
12-21-2012 08:11 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
(12-21-2012 08:11 AM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  

Don't wanna shoot you, just glad you aren't the coach.
12-21-2012 08:13 AM
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-21-2012 08:11 AM)Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas Wrote:  
(12-21-2012 08:09 AM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  Chris is not a consistent shooter. That's a problem when he relies on it so much. Like Adonis, I'd rather see Chris drive and shoot that little floating mid-range or strictly try to become a assist first pg. and defensive stopper. But, he's so lazy at times. Imagine what he'd do if his motor stayed revved up all game.

Most shooters get their range going at the FT when they are struggling.

He really needs to get to the FT more.

Yes. You are correct. Shooting the 10-15ft mid will help him. But, he's reverted back to shooting that floating off balance jump shot three. He's much better when he shoots it with his feet set. I remember his first year, he'd do one one time, the other the next time. Really inconsistent.
Advertisement

memphis88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(12-21-2012 08:07 AM)missjtiger Wrote:  He's in a MAJOR slump and will break out of it soon...watch.

Thanks Josh. I like Cheis but we've really been waiting in him to break out of his "slump" since he got here. Except he's nearly hit rock bottom this year.
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-21-2012 08:13 AM)missjtiger Wrote:  

Don't wanna shoot you, just glad you aren't the coach.

Maybe I'd do a good job. You have no confidence in me? LOL
12-21-2012 08:14 AM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

Crappies
(12-21-2012 08:13 AM)memphis88 Wrote:  
(12-21-2012 08:07 AM)missjtiger Wrote:  He's in a MAJOR slump and will break out of it soon...watch.

Thanks Josh. I like Cheis but we've really been waiting in him to break out of his "slump" since he got here. Except he's nearly hit rock bottom this year.

You need to step back maybe....relax. Chris will be fine.
12-21-2012 08:18 AM
michaelf Offline
1st String

I Root For: The U of M

This^^^
12-21-2012 08:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Atlanta Online
Hall of Famer

He'll never be a consistent perimeter shooter if he doesn't set-up for his shot & he acts like he's got to shoot in such a hurry. Same problem with AT in past games (although at least he was looking for his shot some last night), really the whole team. They all act like they are in a 3-pt contest against the clock. On a positive note, I thought Joe was the best on shot selection, form, being deliberate with his shot that he has been all season. Still tried to force some things in the middle but overall a good peformance.
12-21-2012 08:29 AM
Advertisement

I think he will too, I just want him to steady his shot by getting to the FT some.
12-21-2012 08:30 AM
Tigermemphis Offline
1st String

I agree with BIG.....

Chris isn't a great shooter......he's a streaky shooter. If he hits his first couple of three's, then watch out. If he doesn't, then he is not likely to hit any. His best offensive move/most consistent is rising up in the lane from 8-12 feet and shooting that floater.

I'm not going to say he's lazy. He is sometimes. He just doesn't give it his all the whole time...just in spurts. He does have some really good hands and instincts and can get quite a few steals.

If I were the coach (which none of us are of course), I would tell Chris, "look, you know you're streaky.....I don't want you to stop shooting open threes, but if the first couple don't fall for you, then you need to drive into the lane, get fouled, shoot some free throws so you can get your range down/see the ball go in, etc."

He's a good player, a really good player, but GJ should be starting over him.

TM
12-21-2012 08:34 AM
Tigermemphis Offline
1st String

(12-21-2012 08:29 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  He'll never be a consistent perimeter shooter if he doesn't set-up for his shot & he acts like he's got to shoot in such a hurry. Same problem with AT in past games (although at least he was looking for his shot some last night), really the whole team. They all act like they are in a 3-pt contest against the clock. On a positive note, I thought Joe was the best on shot selection, form, being deliberate with his shot that he has been all season. Still tried to force some things in the middle but overall a good peformance.

This is true. Chris can hit threes off-balance when he is on, but he always is floating when he shoots....either towards the goal, sideways, etc because he seems to be in a hurry to get the shot off. If he would just plant his feet and rise straight up in the air every time, I think it would serve him well. But, habits are hard to break and Chris has made a ton of long-distance shots off balance, so I doubt he would change this.

TM
12-21-2012 08:37 AM

(12-21-2012 08:34 AM)Tigermemphis Wrote:  

I agree with BIG.....

Chris isn't a great shooter......he's a streaky shooter. If he hits his first couple of three's, then watch out. If he doesn't, then he is not likely to hit any. His best offensive move/most consistent is rising up in the lane from 8-12 feet and shooting that floater.

I'm not going to say he's lazy. He is sometimes. He just doesn't give it his all the whole time...just in spurts. He does have some really good hands and instincts and can get quite a few steals.

If I were the coach (which none of us are of course), I would tell Chris, "look, you know you're streaky.....I don't want you to stop shooting open threes, but if the first couple don't fall for you, then you need to drive into the lane, get fouled, shoot some free throws so you can get your range down/see the ball go in, etc."

He's a good player, a really good player, but GJ should be starting over him.

TM

I disagree with some of that.

I don't think he is a lazy player, but he is very lazy and loose with his shooting mechanics.

He does play pretty consistent D and distribute the ball well. He handles the ball a lot and doesn't commit a lot of TO's.

Why he is failing to get a single FT attempt is just a stunner and a mystery to me.
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012 08:39 AM by Jedi Master Sipho-Dyas.)
12-21-2012 08:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.