Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Orange Bowl Activities
Bookmark and Share
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
Orange Bowl Activities
Are there any activities associated with the Orange Bowl? Parade, Pep Rally, etc?
12-04-2012 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

All American

RE: Orange Bowl Activities
Doesn't seem like much for the average fan.

This is it?

GoDaddy seemed to have nicer setup.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 12:18 PM by HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN.)
12-04-2012 12:18 PM
niuguy Offline
The first in, last out!

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(12-04-2012 12:18 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  Doesn't seem like much for the average fan.

This is it?

GoDaddy seemed to have nicer setup.

This is why we are staying in Miami Beach new years eve....
12-04-2012 12:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
They used to have the whole King Orange Jamboree parade on New Year's Eve. Do they not do that anymore?
12-04-2012 01:37 PM
All American

(12-04-2012 01:37 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  They used to have the whole King Orange Jamboree parade on New Year's Eve. Do they not do that anymore?

it looks like it ended thirteen years ago.
12-04-2012 01:43 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Fret not! I am already in contact with the Miami Area Gay People Interested in Exposure (MAGPIEs) to set up a gay pride parade through the Miami Beach area. Many of us will be nude or semi-nude, so make sure you come!

I am also setting up a parade of Miami Beach nursing home patients. It will be an all-wheel chair and walker parade for two blocks. Right now, I have my people down there trying to corral some participants expected to still be alive on January 1.

I am so busy that I do not know which end is up (this time literally). Why do I always seem to get stuck being the social activity organizer?
12-04-2012 01:49 PM
Advertisement

All American

(12-04-2012 01:49 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Fret not! I am already in contact with the Miami Area Gay People Interested in Exposure (MAGPIEs) to set up a gay pride parade through the Miami Beach area. Many of us will be nude or semi-nude, so make sure you come!

I am also setting up a parade of Miami Beach nursing home patients. It will be an all-wheel chair and walker parade for two blocks. Right now, I have my people down there trying to corral some participants expected to still be alive on January 1.

I am so busy that I do not know which end is up (this time literally). Why do I always seem to get stuck being the social activity organizer?

Two blocks? How long does it last for, eight hours?
12-04-2012 01:50 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(12-04-2012 01:50 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 01:49 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Fret not! I am already in contact with the Miami Area Gay People Interested in Exposure (MAGPIEs) to set up a gay pride parade through the Miami Beach area. Many of us will be nude or semi-nude, so make sure you come!

Hey, we need to entertain you guys for a long time! It's our mission!!
12-04-2012 02:08 PM
All American

(12-04-2012 02:08 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 01:50 PM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  

Hey, we need to entertain you guys for a long time! It's our mission!!

I'd rather watch paint dry.
12-04-2012 02:10 PM
pjfleck82 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, XFL 2001
Pep rally tomorrow at the basketball game!
12-04-2012 02:46 PM
NIU2010 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU
12-04-2012 03:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies!!!
Re: RE: Orange Bowl Activities
(12-04-2012 03:20 PM)NIU2010 Wrote:  I found this
http://gomiami.about.com/od/culturaleven...stival.htm

http://gomiami.about.com/od/culturaleven...ration.htm

Think the music festival must not exist anymore. Any info I found about it references 2011 and nothing in their ticket section
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 01:04 AM by Huskiefan38.)
12-05-2012 01:03 AM
ewhite1052 Offline
Bench Warmer

Wow, they had more going on in Mobile for the go daddy then this...
12-05-2012 10:18 PM
Big Redd Offline
Special Teams

Turning on the radio tonight on the way home I heard who I believe was the FSU AD doing an interview during the halftime of a basketball game. FSU was getting smoked, don't recall who they were playing. Anyway, he talked for a few minutes how they want to really make the entire area an FSU weekend even though they called it OB events. Monday night for New Year's he mentioned a countdown in Ft. Lauderdale. On game day I think he called it "fan zone" with marching bands, parades, tail gating etc. It just wasn't clear exactly where that was taking place. Sounds like there will be a lot of good bowl type events, I just hope they're not so spread out we'll miss them.

BTW, he mentioned the halftime professional entertainment Jake Owen (not sure if that's the name by memory) was an FSU grad. So don't get pissed if he cheers on the Semenholes. It's no coincidence he was selected.
12-05-2012 10:30 PM
JCCNIU31 Offline
1st String

December 31st, 2012

City of Fort Lauderdale Orange Bowl Downtown Countdown
Date: December 31st, 2012
Time: 4:00 PM - 3:00 AM
Free Event

The Orange Bowl and the City of Fort Lauderdale have partnered together since 2011 to host the annual Fort Lauderdale Orange Bowl Downtown Countdown, the premier New Year’s Eve celebration in South Florida. Touted as one of the largest New Year’s Eve celebrations in the South East, the free 11-hour street festival is full of fun and excitement for both children and adults. An estimated 100,000 revelers will crowd downtown Fort Lauderdale on Monday, December 31 from 4 p.m. to 3 a.m. to wait with anticipation for the lighted ball to drop at midnight.

The spectacular celebration will feature a variety of activities for the whole family from 4 to 8 p.m. including bounce houses/inflatables, face painting and games, contests and line dancing with the DJ, as well as an early ball lighting countdown at 7 p.m.

Updated Link from Orange Bowl Site...
http://events.orangebowl.org/bowl-week-e...countdown/
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 08:39 AM by JCCNIU31.)
12-06-2012 09:49 AM
Kulz007 Offline
1st String

I tried the link, but it did not work... However, I found what you were talking about about and I think this looks like a great place for Huskie nation to celebrate NYE!

Here is the link:

http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/calendar/c...2&mode=day

(12-06-2012 09:49 AM)JCCNIU31 Wrote:  December 31st, 2012

Free Event

The Orange Bowl and the City of Fort Lauderdale have partnered together since 2011 to host the annual Fort Lauderdale Orange Bowl Downtown Countdown, the premier New Year’s Eve celebration in South Florida. Touted as one of the largest New Year’s Eve celebrations in the South East, the free 11-hour street festival is full of fun and excitement for both children and adults. An estimated 100,000 revelers will crowd downtown Fort Lauderdale on Monday, December 31 from 4 p.m. to 3 a.m. to wait with anticipation for the lighted ball to drop at midnight.

The spectacular celebration will feature a variety of activities for the whole family from 4 to 8 p.m. including bounce houses/inflatables, face painting and games, contests and line dancing with the DJ, as well as an early ball lighting countdown at 7 p.m.

Here is the link...live music on 2 stages...etc
http://www.fortlauderdale.gov/events/cou.../index.htm
12-06-2012 10:07 AM
Advertisement

sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators

Free Event

partnered together since 2011
12-06-2012 10:16 AM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:

Free Event

I can't for the life of me understand why they did not do any Travel Packages with a stay in Ft. Lauderdale instead of the Miami sesspool.
12-06-2012 10:57 AM
HappyHuskie Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pigdog's Demise
(12-06-2012 10:16 AM)sarasotahuskie Wrote:  

Free Event

Bounce houses, line dancing and early ball lighting. Sounds like a crazy good time!
12-06-2012 11:02 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(12-06-2012 11:02 AM)HappyHuskie Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 10:16 AM)sarasotahuskie Wrote:  

Free Event

Bounce houses, line dancing and early ball lighting. Sounds like a crazy good time!

You guys could do all that in my hotel room!
12-06-2012 11:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.