Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways?
(05-04-2021 02:01 PM)justinhub2003 Wrote:  No.

Wes Miller was universally praised. Erik Martin was not going to be, he wasn’t even a top assistant for Huggins. Dennis Gates hasn’t proven it long enough for universal praise.

There is a large subset of the UNC fan base who wanted Wes Miller. And he was by all accounts the runner up. That’s a big get for UC. Like Roy Williams is now. Season ticket holder. And even a good chance that UC gets a jordan deal back

Add in that we just got back the best strength coach in the country because of Miller & Cunningham.

I have no idea why you downplayed this. There wasn’t universal fan praise for John Brannen when he was hired. I was a skeptic from day 1 with brannen. I never liked the dude. But Wes has big dick energy like Luke Fickell.

When he breast feeds Kelvin Sampson I’ll accept your apology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erik was was already being praised because he was at one point seen as the favorite.. under every post talking about the search would be "just announce martin" by some uc fan...
there were people who didn't want martin...but there were people who also didn't want miller.. those poster flipped when he was hired, like would have been done with martin.. like was done with branne ps i know u specifically weren't the biggest Brannen fan but you were in the minority and called out by other UC fans who said you had some sorta loyalty to Cronin at that time...

dennis gates is one of the most loved coaches in the entire industry, more than miller...the team that hires him up will be praised as making a homerun hire..
miller was second in the UNC race as UNC only hires UNC tied coaches.. there were like 4 qualified candidates to even chose from .. the UNC point is overstated

there is universal praise for 80% of all college basketball hires especially young up and comers... miller resume is almost identical to Brannen's coming in, wo was praised universally (i can find individual people who didn't like miller to..aka Kenyon martin)
in this very thread i have said miller is the best available option, mainly because the options werent great..
i have a hot take about miller that ill save for later
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 02:20 PM by pesik.)
05-04-2021 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tweet: Cincinnati and Brannen parting ways? - pesik - 05-04-2021 02:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.