Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
(03-24-2020 10:46 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(03-24-2020 06:30 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  fair enough.....

therefore, let's assume b/c testing is now happening at a much quicker rate, the infected jumps by a factor of 4 and the death toll number remains the same in relation to those confirmed to date.....

the only thing that happens there is the kill rate declines to the point where it becomes nothing more than the same as annual influenza....

when this all said and done, that's how she'll end as we've watched trillions taken out of the avg. joe's pocket for no fk'n reason....

at the end of the day, that's all that really matters, man....

Let me say this differently....

The 'official' mortality rate or infection rate of this disease is mostly an academic exercise. Ebola has a very high mortality rate, but it is fairly difficult to transmit. Garden Variety flu has an incredibly high transmission rate, MOSTLY because at least in this country, we don't do that much to prevent it. People don't usually wear masks or wash hands or use sanitizer until they or someone very close to them actually get it.

So all of these 'rates' depend on lots of variables that are not common to everyone.

What matters now is protecting people from DEATH... and not whether the rate is x or y or z%

If 20,000 people all came in to Houston hospitals tomorrow, they would be overwhelmed.... for a day. If 2,000 come in per day for the next 10 days, they'll be stretched thin. If 200 come in per day for the next 100 days, no problem. Same infection rate... same mortality rate.

If 60% get it, the number of deaths will be a lot higher than if 5% get it. A lot of politicans are throwing around 60-70% and that just doesn't seem to jive with any numbers out there. Only 20% got it on the cruise liner and they didn't know about it and were in a confined space.
03-24-2020 12:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown - bullet - 03-24-2020 12:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.