'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
(03-19-2020 05:00 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(03-19-2020 04:29 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-19-2020 12:50 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(03-19-2020 12:33 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(03-19-2020 10:51 AM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  And more AMERICANS have died from the flu during this "pandemic" than the total number have died from CoVid 19 in the world.

Have you seriously not researched yet as to why this statement is idiotic and reckless?

So truth and facts are idiotic and reckless? Hmmmm. Strange world.

They're only idiotic and reckless to reckless idiots. By that I mean people who don't understand that the flu kills something like 50,000 Americans per year and we've been taking it far too lightly for decades.... so the problem is people like you reading right to left... and not people like this reading left to right. I'll agree with you that the average American is an idiot, but that doesn't make a factual statement 'reckless'.

The actual answer is educating people with facts... not in reporting lies so that they don't misinterpret facts.

I mean---yeah its a fact. But its kinda like looking at the zero to zero score 20 seconds into the Bama-ULM game and concluding that ULM is every bit as good as Alabama based on that score.

Okay.... How about the fact that perhaps 10mm people have died from Flu A&B in the last 100 years in the US alone while from H1N1 (Spanish/Swine flu) only about 12k and almost all in a very confined period just a few years ago? Before you go there, H1N1 was identified at least in 1918 when it killed around 500k globally.

So which is really the problem there? H1N1 or Flu a/b? Only H1N1 was ever a state of national emergency and I believe, labeled a pandemic.

Here is where I keep going on all these discussions of over reaction. Look at Italy. Look at China. Those heathcare systems melted down---and that doesnt happen every flu season in those places. Thus, Im forced to conclude that this virus is different. Then I look at S Korea and Japan---and they took very extreme steps to curb the virus early on having learned lessons from SARS. These counties have devoted massive manpower to heavy testing and tracing back every single contact. So---these countries are NOT treating it like the regular flu either---they just had more experience and a better more tested system for this type of threat (no doubt because of their previous SARS experience).

If we can find a treatment that can give our "at risk" population a survival rate that is similar to the regular flu---I think we can go back to normal fairly quickly. In other words, my hope is this ends up as an operation designed to just buy us a month or two of extra time to come up with a solid treatment that allows us to treat these folks without it crashing our healthcare system. There is reason to be optimistic on that front.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020 07:47 PM by Attackcoog.)
03-19-2020 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown - Attackcoog - 03-19-2020 06:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.