Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
(03-16-2020 10:08 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-16-2020 10:01 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(03-16-2020 09:58 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  A part of me wonders if we should've just let this thing run its course and quarantine the elderly. The ramifications of closing literally every sector of our economy is going to have far reaching consequences than a two week flu.

A part of me wonders this too, but it's too late to even attempt this.

Not necessarily. That may be the phase two of this once we weather the first wave. We probably wont have a vaccine for 12 to 18 months. So, the assumption of the flatten the curve is we will have large numbers of infections stretched over 5 or 6 months rather than 2 months. After that, maybe switching to a quarantine of the "at risk" vs everyone is the way to go later on. I mean---we cant keep this up for 18 months without nuking the economy.

I almost wonder if we went to a complete shutdown for 2 weeks while we roll out robust testing would allow us to go back to the containment philosophy, which would be far less intrusive and allow the entire economy to restart really quick.

Fair point we can't do this for that long. Once we do bend the curve there does have to be a strategy for the next year +. How would we effectively isolate the at risk groups from the rest of us though? A whole lot of people live with and care for those people.
03-16-2020 10:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown - b0ndsj0ns - 03-16-2020 10:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.