bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
(03-13-2020 09:48 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 08:50 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 08:45 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 08:41 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(03-12-2020 03:24 PM)VA49er Wrote:  Yeah, I don't get the consulting part unless it's just some to complain about because Trump. I mean, does anyone think Spain consulted Italy before banning all Italian flights into Spain. Those two are BOTH in the EU.

It's not asking them if you can or should, it's about being the ******* leader of the free world and not springing huge global changes on countries that need our help and vice versa.

And from what we're hearing, this speech was prepared in a rush by Stephen Miller and Jared Kushner...neither of which are really even involved with the task force to combat this thing! So it makes perfect sense that it was a cluster****.

Not a cluster F^^^ unless there was preconceived bias. That's painfully obvous. I don't care about not informing Europe, at all. This is about taking care of the US. Europe has done the same thing, just look at Spain.

That speech, was an unmitigated disaster. Period.

It wasnt a disaster. It was telling folks the danger is real. There are moves being made to mitigate the danger. Up to a couple of days ago everyone was living life as normal and expected that would be the case going forward. Immediately after the speech---people realized it was real and started to panic---raiding grocery stores was one aspect of the panic.

When people whine about Trump trying to be fairly optmistic in his public statements---it was an attempt to let people know there was a danger---but in a way that avoided panic. Its a fine line. Frankly, I thought his speech still somewhat soft sold the danger---yet he created panic. A friend of mine's brother is a groery store manager. Said they had to bring in security because they already had to break up two fights between customers.

That stuff was already happening. Stores were wiped out by evening.
03-13-2020 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown - bullet - 03-13-2020 09:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.