Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
(02-27-2020 10:54 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  
(02-27-2020 10:51 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(02-27-2020 10:24 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  
(02-27-2020 10:17 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I just want to know one thing. All of you who say Trump is not responding appropriately, exactly what is it that he should be doing? I don't mean a bunch of platitudes and allegations, I mean what specifically should he be doing? And while you're at it, how do you know that he isn't?

Not firing the CDC's Complex Crisis fund/team two years ago and not replacing them would have been nice.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31/cor...-response/

Quote:In May 2018, Trump ordered the NSC’s entire global health security unit shut down, calling for reassignment of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer and dissolution of his team inside the agency. The month before, then-White House National Security Advisor John Bolton pressured Ziemer’s DHS counterpart, Tom Bossert, to resign along with his team. Neither the NSC nor DHS epidemic teams have been replaced. The global health section of the CDC was so drastically cut in 2018 that much of its staff was laid off and the number of countries it was working in was reduced from 49 to merely 10. Meanwhile, throughout 2018, the U.S. Agency for International Development and its director, Mark Green, came repeatedly under fire from both the White House and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. And though Congress has so far managed to block Trump administration plans to cut the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps by 40 percent, the disease-fighting cadres have steadily eroded as retiring officers go unreplaced.

Penny Smart
Dollar Stupid

lol...so, your premise is we are all going to die because a small administrative team of bureaucrats that only existed for 3 years of the the entire history of the United States was eliminated? Just because you hear a DNC talking point on CNN doesnt make it profound. The CDC--which is a governmental organization who's primary mission is to protect the health of US citizens---still exists and employs about 11,000 people. The last pandemic was over 100 years ago and has been war gamed hundreds of times by CDC. They already have a plan and the doctors, professionals, and scientists who are going to make a difference are still there.

The hell are you talking about?

Quote:lol...so, your premise is we are all going to die

No. I didn't say anything close to this. Did you even read?

Quote:bureaucrats that only existed for 3 years of the the entire history of the United States was eliminated?

It has only existed for 3 years because our government realized we needed a response team to situations like this. The world is so much more interconnected today than it was during the Spanish Flu.

Quote:They already have a plan and the doctors, professionals, and scientists who are going to make a difference are still there.

The WHO doesn't really think so.

Yes I read it. It was a stupid poorly thought out attack that basically just threw every possible criticism possible at the wall (including that the team Trump DID assemble in January was all men).

The response is fine. The reality is government can spend every cent of the 4 trillion dollar budget on this and it still wouldnt make any difference. You can't be everywhere all the time and stop a virus from jumping to humans from animals. If the virus is 3 times more contagious than the flu---its probably not going to be contained. If it gets into the world population---its going to come here. I mean--honestly---the same people whining about the CDC funding are the same people who want an open border with Mexico---which gives this type of stuff easy access to the US population via migration north should it make it to Latin America.

The article is just a hack politcal attack. Functionally---the budget cut meant nothing to this and any reasonable person knows that. Just look at the extreme measures taken by a government highly experienced with this type of thing. If the Chinese couldnt do it taking the most extreme measures possible---an extra team of bureaucrats from the CDC who wouldnt be allowed into China wasnt going to make any difference.
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2020 11:16 AM by Attackcoog.)
02-27-2020 11:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown - Attackcoog - 02-27-2020 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.