'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
oliveandblue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown
(02-25-2020 09:41 AM)q5sys Wrote:  
(02-22-2020 08:20 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Quick Update at 7pm 02/22/20---

Now at 78,675 total infections
53,049 are still active of which 41,496 are "mild" and 11,533 are "serious or critical".

23,166 have recovered

2,460 have died from the infection.

Looks like the floor mortality rate (deaths divided by current total infections) is 3%

The likely ceiling for the mortality rate (deaths divided by current total recoveries) is 10.6%.

I think its reasonable to assume the actual final mortality rate for the coronovirus will lie somewhere above 3% and below 11%. As we get more cases closed---these indicators of the mortality ceiling and the mortality floor are moving closer together.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

If we trust the Chinese Gov's reporting and not the reports from multiple Chinese people who have said that people are dropping in the streets and that the Crematoriums are running 24/7. The Gov is only reporting people who have died in the hospital, not those that died after being sent home.

There's no way to know what the real number is. This is the problem with the gov lying and not giving us real numbers.

It's totally possible that if we had actual numbers we'd be around the same % rate. If both Infection rates and Death rates are under reported... the percentages could work out to the be about the same. However, the Death rate may be much lower, if the death count is accurate but the infection rate is under reported. Or the Death rate may be much higher, if the death count is under reported but the infection rate is accurate.

They likely are also burning medical equipment and clothing, too.
02-25-2020 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'This time I'm scared': experts fear too late for China virus lockdown - oliveandblue - 02-25-2020 11:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.