Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LSU, Cincinnati Granted Permission
Bookmark and Share
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: LSU, Cincinnati Granted Permission
(05-10-2018 06:29 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(05-09-2018 06:09 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  I think we have as good of a chance as anybody. LSU is the biggest name on his list, but I don't see Ed Orgeron as the kind of recruiter that is going to wow an out-of-state kid. Texas Tech does have the benefit of having a former quarterback as its coach, but they're not exactly a powerhouse and Lubbock is a hole. We are 2 hours from home, have a good relationship with Burrow via Fickell's OSU ties, and he will essentially be handed the starting job for the next two years. Let's not sell ourselves short... we have a lot to offer to Burrow, especially if he doesn't want to move halfway across the country.

My boss's boss was just hired away from Texas Tech. He told me TT gave him a $200,000 raise over his previous job in a similar role at UAB. And he said it wasn't worth it, because it's in Lubbock.

There is nothing to suggest he would want to endure those west Texas sandstorms and have his family flying to that isolated outpost in Lubbock. Baton Rouge? Great town and big time SEC football but the fact that he is from Ohio and chose to play in state close to family and friends makes UC a great fit for his particular circumstances. Throw into that mix a chance to be the starter three months from now and I like our chances.

Fickell's recruiting has been outstanding and UC fans have noticed. Sign him and many casual fans in this area who lost interest during the Tubs years may view this as a turning point and return this fall.

05-10-2018 07:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: LSU, Cincinnati Granted Permission - OKIcat - 05-10-2018 07:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.