Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

C-USA has contacted Temple.
Bookmark and Share
TUJim Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Temple U
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple.
Don't think Temple would consider an all sports for either scenario. As you said A10 is better in basketball then either. I think our administration is either for the status quo MAC football, A10 for everything else or waiting for a Big East hand out.

As for C-USA / Alliance football only, I would say that the one thing that makes that attractive is the current bowl tie ins versus the MACs, but the question is how long will they stay in place. I don't see the Big East happening and would be happy for Temple to focus on being top in the MAC. Besides who knows what the football landscape will be in 3 years, I think it will come down to the SEC, Big 10, Big 12 and Pac12 calling all the shots.

(02-08-2012 04:29 PM)exCincy Kid Wrote:  So, who is inquiring...C-USA?, or the Alliance? (if it still exists). The answer from Temple could conceivably be different depending on the suitor. Obviously, what's left of C-USA (and no Memphis) would have zero interest for Temple if for all sports. The new C-USA is a one bid NCAA league whereas the A10 averages 2 or 3. If it's a football only offer, I would still be very surprised if Temple was interested, but they might at least consider it.

And would Temple consider an all sports post the formation of the "Alliance". Again, I don't really see the fit with most of the better b-ball programs (UCF, Memphis, San Diego State, etc.) all gone and zero for natural rivalries, esp in hoops..
02-08-2012 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
C-USA has contacted Temple. - MUsince96 - 02-08-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - DrTorch - 02-08-2012, 12:48 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - DrTorch - 02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - DrTorch - 02-08-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - DrTorch - 02-08-2012, 01:51 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - TUJim - 02-08-2012 04:47 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - DrTorch - 02-08-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - DrTorch - 02-08-2012, 05:02 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - DrTorch - 02-08-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - axeme - 02-08-2012, 05:41 PM
RE: C-USA has contacted Temple. - DrTorch - 02-08-2012, 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.