ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU's perfect conference for you guys
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: ODU's perfect conference for you guys
(03-09-2021 07:46 AM)MUsince96 Wrote:  Mike Aresco was recently talking 14 football teams in the AAC. He said-

“Our goal is to get back to 12 [teams],” Aresco said. “… And if down the road, there’s an opportunity to go to 14, why wouldn’t we at least think about it?
“We are going to be a factor. We are going to be a P6 conference. I’m totally convinced we’re going to make it.”

If they take Boise State and one or two other MWC schools for a western flank; I don't see where the MWC goes to replace them besides the C-USA Texas schools (maybe NDSU).

If that happens C-USA gets closer to ODU and Marshall. While it's not the league either of us want it may help improve things.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-mu...ll-season/

Yeah, AAC seems to be looking west and MWC would likely look to TX to replace. I doubt CUSA would replace if we lost two, I'm not sure the schools could reach a consensus on additions or if any SB other than maybe TX ST would be interested. WKU or MT would likely not be happy about being pushed west though. Staying at 12 with two less TX schools wouldn't help much but at least we could get the tourney moved.
03-09-2021 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODU's perfect conference for you guys - mturn017 - 03-09-2021 08:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.