Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A Sober Look at the Potential Realignment of 2024
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: A Sober Look at the Potential Realignment of 2024
(01-12-2021 04:18 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  
(01-11-2021 06:34 PM)schmolik Wrote:  I would prefer Texas and Oklahoma be in the same conference together and the Red River Rivalry remain a conference game. You can say they'd never cancel the game even if they weren't in the same conference but if I said in 2010 that Texas and Texas A&M would no longer play would you have believed me? What's stopping Texas from blackballing Oklahoma the way they blackballed A&M, especially if Oklahoma leaves the Big 12 before UT? Who needs Oklahoma/Texas more? The only way to guarantee they play is for them to play in the same conference.

I know it would be better financially for the Big 10 if OU/UT were in the B1G but geographically they fit better in the SEC and if they were there then Texas and Texas A&M would play again.

Texas may have blackballed A&M in the early days, but they've regretted it. You can tell they are the more eager to renew that series because their home schedule has suffered without it. A&M, for their part, no longer needs that game so they've decided to stick it to UT, it appears.

One day they will play again, maybe in the SEC at that, but I doubt Texas makes the same mistake twice.

If Oklahoma moved to the SEC then ironically, Texas would still need that game more. OU would have a nice complement of home games every year. Texas is the bigger money maker, but you can't make a habit of pissing off everyone you do business with. Eventually, it catches up with you.

Nobody at UT thinks about A&M.
The schools do play in other sports where it is convenient.
01-13-2021 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Sober Look at the Potential Realignment of 2024 - bullet - 01-13-2021 08:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.