Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC team chances at playoff in 2021...
bill dazzle Online
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
RE: AAC team chances at playoff in 2021...
(01-04-2021 08:18 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(01-04-2021 07:36 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(01-04-2021 05:13 PM)JHS55 Wrote:  
(01-02-2021 09:50 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  No greater than the chances of Bill Dazzle — a hobbyist drummer — ever being confused with Art Blakey, Buddy Rich, Papa Jo Jones, John Bonham, Neil Peart, Philly Joe Jones and/or Keith Moon.
you didn’t mention ginger baker or bill ward...

Nor John "Stumpy" Pepys nor Mick Shrimpton

I'd take Max Roach and Elvin Jones over any of the above.

And those two were as skilled as any listed so far. Agree fully.

I also like Michael Jerome, Louie Bellson and Joe Morello.
01-04-2021 11:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bill dazzle Online
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
And for one of the most skilled snare drum soloists ever ... the late and lovable Wayne Oien.

A monster talent and, from what I hear, a wonderful person. RIP, Wayne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VbaEBAxvWo

https://www.miningjournal.net/obituaries...ne-oien-2/
01-04-2021 11:07 PM
jedclampett Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple

The CFP system has obviously been a huge disappointment, not just to AAC fans but to a large segment of college football fans across the country. It's not just that the AAC and other non-P5 teams have practically no chance - - 50 of the 65 P5 schools have next to no chance, either.

But getting into the CFP is not the only, or even necessarily the main reason why a team tries to go undefeated. There are plenty of other motivations, including finishing high in the national rankings, playing in a NY6 bowl, and all the excitement, honor, publicity, viewership, and interest from the NFL that goes along with an undefeated season.

Cincy's top 10 finish has been a major positive for the non-P5 FBS, as have the other teams that made their way into the top 15 (BYU, Coastal Carolina, etc.) at various points this season.

The best outcome we could hope in the next few seasons would be for multiple AAC and non-P5 teams to finish as high as possible in the national rankings. Up until the final week, there were 7 non-P5 teams in the AP top 25 poll and 11 non-P5 teams were among the top 30. That's a legacy to build on!
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2021 12:55 AM by jedclampett.)
01-05-2021 12:52 AM
TigerJJ Offline
All American

I Root For: Tiger Victories
(01-03-2021 08:24 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  OK, if we go undefeated next year too, which means we would have won at Indiana and at Notre Dame, I think they would have to put us in. If they didn't then they would lose all credibility that all of FBS is eligible for the CFP.

The only exception would be if four P5 champions were all undefeated. Then they obviously would stick it to us.

In order to lose credibility you first must obtain it and that ain't happenin'. They haven't had it in the past, don't have it now, and won't have it in the future unless they have a drastic change and give every team a legitimate opportunity to make the playoffs. This year is a prime example when they caved in to political pressure from the B10 and invited OSU to play. They are a laughing stock to most people, but don't care.
01-07-2021 01:13 AM
WhalerFan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Connecticut
AAC team chances at playoff in 2021...

I have no skin in the game and I will say that I do miss the football AAC but the chances of the AAC making the playoff come down to two. Slim and none. And slim just got on the train. It's most likely NEVER GONNA HAPPEN. P5 teams could have 4 loss seasons but any undefeated G5 team will be left out. Hate to burst the bubble and yep, I'm ready for the backlash, but it's not happening.
01-07-2021 01:39 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Well, at least this thread finally shifted to something realistic, like discussing great drummers, lol...
01-07-2021 06:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.