Bookmark and Share
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
No Thank You Cignetti
This is part of healing....

I won't miss the extra extra swagger - it was tacky at times
Better to say less than more ...

The guy's brain seems more susceptible to "haywire" than others during big moments ...ndsu loss, why loss, UVA 4th downs, overplaying his ncaa rhetoric....

Are these moments too big for him? If so, BIG will eat him up...
12-06-2023 04:13 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

jmu98 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: No Thank You Cignetti
(12-06-2023 04:13 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  This is part of healing....

The guy's brain seems more susceptible to "haywire" than others during big moments ...ndsu loss, why loss, UVA 4th downs, overplaying his ncaa rhetoric....

Can we stop, it is what it is.

The man did a great job for JMU and I wish him well unless he is playing JMU.

I think he really liked JMU, but once he left he has a job to do.

Time to move on and hopefully we all can once new coach is announced.
12-06-2023 04:17 PM
jmutoml757 Offline
All American

I Root For: jmu

Folks scoffed at my take on the original obligatory thank you faux love fest thread - it’s a business. And those who couldn’t see through his rah rah coach speak are gullible at best or stupid at worst. He was thanked every month by JMU. H’es getting plenty of thanks from IU. I am glad we had him, but he did not hang the moon. Are we better than we were as a program when he arrived ? I say yes. But he’s not perfect, and JMU is bigger than him. I wont say “no thank you”… but I don’t care about him at this point. However, your points are well taken
12-06-2023 04:21 PM
Dignan Offline
1st String

I Root For: James Madison
He was great while he was here, and aside from the curious clock management at times and probably getting too wrapped up in the hype of gameday, I felt like he was a great coach for us. But he’s not a Duke anymore and that’s all that matters.
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(12-06-2023 04:17 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  

Nah, you do you and let others do them....it is a message board, you can scroll on by.

I actually loved seeing Rip/Withers/Houston SUCK at their jobs after leaving JMU and I wish the exact same for Cig. He ain't my coach no more so I don't give a damn and find pleasure seeing them lose.
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

Nah..but you don't have to post here if ya don't want ! :)
12-06-2023 04:28 PM
Advertisement

bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

10% confusion...that was just bad
12-06-2023 04:29 PM
jmu007 Offline
All American

(12-06-2023 04:21 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  

Nah, you do you and let others do them....it is a message board, you can scroll on by.

I actually loved seeing Rip/Withers/Houston SUCK at their jobs after leaving JMU and I wish the exact same for Cig. He ain't my coach no more so I don't give a damn and find pleasure seeing them lose.

This. If it’s a business on his end it’s a business on my end. Have a nice life, hope you lose every game at IU.
12-06-2023 04:41 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

JB - "ah, wait....gonna need those keys and any IP you developed here on our dime, before ya leave today."
12-06-2023 04:43 PM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I won't miss complaining to the press about something only to lose the very game you needed to not end up with egg on your face... at least three separate times.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023 04:48 PM by Potomac.)
12-06-2023 04:48 PM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(12-06-2023 04:41 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  
(12-06-2023 04:21 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  

This. If it’s a business on his end it’s a business on my end. Have a nice life, hope you lose every game at IU.

Exactly it is a business and if that is how we want to roll going forward I am A-OK with that paradigm.

I know this is NOT a popular opinion but I feel the same way about the players that leave via the portal --- I just don't care ---- b/c you are no longer with us. If you graduated you are a DUKE, if you did not you are just some dude that took some classes and left. Just like Cig got what he signed up for, so did each and every player that chooses to leave --- they got a yearly scholarship and all the perks of being a student athlete that is NOT available to other students. If this is gonna be a business and we want to treat it that way I am all for it.

All this fake thanks BS is sorta ridiculous.
12-06-2023 04:52 PM
Advertisement

17jmuduke Offline
Water Engineer

Cig was a good hire and good coach. Not the best game manager. There was some bone headed time management and play calls (shotgun QB runs on 4th and 1).

I won't necessarily miss him as a coach; more just anxious of the unknown. This couldn't have happened at a worse time, right as we start to emerge on the FBS stage and go to our first bowl. I was actually going to buy the family season tickets for Christmas but with Cig leaving there's too much uncertainty for me to pull the trigger.
12-06-2023 05:00 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

(12-06-2023 04:48 PM)Potomac Wrote:  I won't miss complaining to the press about something only to lose the very game you needed to not end up with egg on your face... at least three separate times.

Right? And he never quite took enough blame when he deserved it.....and we saw repeated mistakes (clock, TO, strategy) in the big moments

Why the hell was the team sleepwalking on App and we called the most "don't lose" offense ever tht game...it worked at Troy - not a good plan for App
12-06-2023 05:01 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

you wanna make $1M ? Ok...99.99% perfection on TO/Clock is table steaks for that....
12-06-2023 05:03 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

Tough crowd. Everybody loves Lou Campanelli for what he did for JMU. Why is that? He left for greener pastures. We seem to
have selective attitudes. I like many, many of our coaches from our past. They were good for JMU and JMU was good for them.
There are a few I was glad to see move on. How anyone can blame Cig for going to the next level at 5 times the money seems a
little absurd to me. How can you blame a 20 year old kid who has been brilliant for us for seeing what he is worth to another team who can afford to pay him. Be mad at the system; not the individuals. Cig will always be one of my favorite JMU coaches and I wish him well. I hope he can change the culture at IU and bring those long suffering fans some pleasure. Lord knows they deserve it.
We all wanted to move up to FBS. This is what you get. Get used to it. G5's are breeding grounds for P5's. FCS is a breeding ground for G5. My hope is there will be plenty of talented yet unproven players available in the Portal who will love to be a part of what JMU is all about. We will be fine. Learn to not be bitter. You can be bitter or you can be better ~ change one little letter and you can change your life.
12-06-2023 05:13 PM
Dignan Offline
1st String

(12-06-2023 05:03 PM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  you wanna make $1M ? Ok...99.99% perfection on TO/Clock is table steaks for that....

Mmmm… table steaks.
12-06-2023 05:14 PM
Advertisement

bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

Stakes? Gah I always mess that up...
12-06-2023 05:16 PM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

(12-06-2023 05:13 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  Tough crowd. Everybody loves Lou Campanelli for what he did for JMU. Why is that? He left for greener pastures. We seem to
have selective attitudes. I like many, many of our coaches from our past. They were good for JMU and JMU was good for them.
There are a few I was glad to see move on. How anyone can blame Cig for going to the next level at 5 times the money seems a
little absurd to me. How can you blame a 20 year old kid who has been brilliant for us for seeing what he is worth to another team who can afford to pay him. Be mad at the system; not the individuals. Cig will always be one of my favorite JMU coaches and I wish him well. I hope he can change the culture at IU and bring those long suffering fans some pleasure. Lord knows they deserve it.
We all wanted to move up to FBS. This is what you get. Get used to it. G5's are breeding grounds for P5's. FCS is a breeding ground for G5. My hope is there will be plenty of talented yet unproven players available in the Portal who will love to be a part of what JMU is all about. We will be fine. Learn to not be bitter. You can be bitter or you can be better ~ change one little letter and you can change your life.

Fair..but this is for complaining about the man and what we won't miss.. haha
12-06-2023 05:17 PM
JMUDuke25 Offline
All American

Breakups are tough. And embarrassing.
12-06-2023 05:22 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison

Agreed 04-cheers
12-06-2023 06:00 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.