9:00 MTSU at UTEP [cusatv]
03-05-2019 11:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: CUSA Basketball Wednesday 3/6
Here is my weekly complaint to voice my concern about how badly the conference leadership completely f*'d up the tv agreement for the pod games. CBS Sports on FB... really. beIN sports... really. CUSATV?!?! REALLY!

C'mon ma'am.
03-05-2019 11:10 AM
wsherdfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The HERD!!
That is funny. Interesting match ups. Still trying to decide whether my Herd is prepping for another run. Monarchs really playing well...
03-05-2019 11:14 AM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

Southern Miss is Ass. 05-stirthepot
03-05-2019 11:16 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

(03-05-2019 11:14 AM)wsherdfan Wrote:  That is funny. Interesting match ups. Still trying to decide whether my Herd is prepping for another run. Monarchs really playing well...

Do not mistake what I'm about to say as an insult to Marshall... in fact, I will go as far as saying I definitely do not want Marshall as our first game in the tournament, because if they get hot they are a very tough matchup for us.

However, keep in mind during this win streak Marshall is on, you are playing the middle of the conference - no top teams. The teams in the top pod are losing games to the top of the conference, while Marshall is winning against the middle teams. This is to be expected. I honestly expected Marshall to finish as the #6 seed because of this. We shall see.
03-05-2019 11:18 AM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(03-05-2019 11:16 AM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  Southern Miss is Ass. 05-stirthepot

BB35 knows the rules of smack talk

[Image: LfNLLrN.gif]
03-05-2019 11:27 AM
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(03-05-2019 11:27 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(03-05-2019 11:16 AM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  Southern Miss is Ass. 05-stirthepot

BB35 knows the rules of smack talk

[Image: LfNLLrN.gif]

They will be here but it will be a while before they stop walloping in their Baseball loss to GoonSucka.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2019 12:13 PM by 12thmonarch.)
03-05-2019 11:32 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt asks if you can get cusa tv with espn plus?
03-05-2019 11:59 AM
Herd2believe Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Marshall
(03-05-2019 11:18 AM)odu09 Wrote:  
(03-05-2019 11:14 AM)wsherdfan Wrote:  That is funny. Interesting match ups. Still trying to decide whether my Herd is prepping for another run. Monarchs really playing well...

Do not mistake what I'm about to say as an insult to Marshall... in fact, I will go as far as saying I definitely do not want Marshall as our first game in the tournament, because if they get hot they are a very tough matchup for us.

However, keep in mind during this win streak Marshall is on, you are playing the middle of the conference - no top teams. The teams in the top pod are losing games to the top of the conference, while Marshall is winning against the middle teams. This is to be expected. I honestly expected Marshall to finish as the #6 seed because of this. We shall see.

Understood and no offense taken. MUBB has been so up and down this year, I think most herd fans are cautious too. Expectations were sky high. I was as guilty as anybody thinking we had Penava’s replacement ready to plug in in Bennett. Team has shown the ability to beat anybody in conference. Has great wins(Hofstra, ODU and LT on road-Both being the only home losses) and absolutely horrific losses. I would caution, as bunched up as conference is, not big difference in “pods”. Been a crazy season. Looking forward to Frisco. Go Herd!
03-05-2019 12:22 PM
Herd6993 Offline
2nd String

I think that is a very valid view on Marshall. However, another way to look at it is Marshall has put three wins together after losing 6 of their previous 7 games. They beat a MTSU team who had beat POD 1 UTSA and UAB(2), gave LA Tech there first loss of the year at Home, and avenged a 27 point loss (without their best big man playing the second half) at NT. I think they are playing as a team for the first time in a long time and have some confidence going into tourney time. ..... The question is can they win four games in four days? .

As to ODU and I mean no disrespect. They have had LA Tech, Marshall, WKU(2), USM (2), and North Texas at Home. That is pretty good fortune considering ODU is one of the toughest places to play in the conference. In addition they have won 8 conference games by 5 points or less and another one by 6 points.
The question is can they continue to win close games at a neutral site?

Time will tell, but it would not surprise me if neither one of these teams made it to the finals.
03-05-2019 12:56 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
We need a WKU over UTSA win badly. Because that would mean if we lose to ODU, we'd still control our destiny for a bye. It'd come down to the game Saturday vs UTSA.
03-05-2019 01:23 PM
Advertisement

ESE84 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(03-05-2019 12:22 PM)Herd2believe Wrote:  Understood and no offense taken. MUBB has been so up and down this year, I think most herd fans are cautious too. Expectations were sky high. I was as guilty as anybody thinking we had Penava’s replacement ready to plug in in Bennett. Team has shown the ability to beat anybody in conference. Has great wins(Hofstra, ODU and LT on road-Both being the only home losses) and absolutely horrific losses. I would caution, as bunched up as conference is, not big difference in “pods”. Been a crazy season. Looking forward to Frisco. Go Herd!

Agree in not seeing tremendous differences this year outside of ODU, UTEP and Charlotte. The 6 team playing the 11 team continues to fascinate me. Those teams could both be on 4-game "pod play" winning streaks when they meet in Frisco.
03-05-2019 01:30 PM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

(03-05-2019 12:56 PM)Herd6993 Wrote:  

I think that is a very valid view on Marshall. However, another way to look at it is Marshall has put three wins together after losing 6 of their previous 7 games. They beat a MTSU team who had beat POD 1 UTSA and UAB(2), gave LA Tech there first loss of the year at Home, and avenged a 27 point loss (without their best big man playing the second half) at NT. I think they are playing as a team for the first time in a long time and have some confidence going into tourney time. ..... The question is can they win four games in four days? .

As to ODU and I mean no disrespect. They have had LA Tech, Marshall, WKU(2), USM (2), and North Texas at Home. That is pretty good fortune considering ODU is one of the toughest places to play in the conference. In addition they have won 8 conference games by 5 points or less and another one by 6 points.

Time will tell, but it would not surprise me if neither one of these teams made it to the finals.

None disrespect taken, I agree with your assessment as well. We've been in a lot of close games that could've gone one way or another, and more often than not we've been on the fortunate side of it. Really sucks that the entire season comes down to 3 (or 4) games in Frisco, but that is what makes March Madness mad and "FUN"!
03-05-2019 03:12 PM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

We're a few plays from being 15-1.

We're also a few plays from being 10-6

Just go back and look at our schedule to see how close we were to an 0-5 Conference start. Living on the razor's edge.
03-05-2019 03:49 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(03-05-2019 03:49 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  We're a few plays from being 15-1.

Just go back and look at our schedule to see how close we were to an 0-5 Conference start. Living on the razor's edge.

Pun intended?
03-05-2019 03:56 PM
ODUBB35 Offline
Heisman

(03-05-2019 03:56 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(03-05-2019 03:49 PM)ODUBB35 Wrote:  We're a few plays from being 15-1.

Pun intended?

I did think of that as I typed, but not before.

Pun not removed.
03-05-2019 04:47 PM
Advertisement

Herd6993 Offline
2nd String

(03-05-2019 03:12 PM)odu09 Wrote:  
(03-05-2019 12:56 PM)Herd6993 Wrote:  

None disrespect taken, I agree with your assessment as well. We've been in a lot of close games that could've gone one way or another, and more often than not we've been on the fortunate side of it. Really sucks that the entire season comes down to 3 (or 4) games in Frisco, but that is what makes March Madness mad and "FUN"!

100% on that. It is much better being in a conference where you have a shot than one that your beat before it starts. It wasn't too long ago that Marshall was one of the eleven dwarfs with Memphis as Snow White!
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2019 05:23 PM by Herd6993.)
03-05-2019 05:22 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I am sad to say, looking at the latest NET rankings, we are a one bid league.

NET has a 12-17 Penn State ranked 28 spots ahead of our top team, ODU.
03-05-2019 05:59 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Wish they'd stagger the dates like this throughout the season, like they've done in Pod Play (Sunday and Wednesday games).

I like the different days for women and men. Can watch both of our teams.
03-05-2019 06:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wkufirst Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: WKU
(03-05-2019 06:53 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Wish they'd stagger the dates like this throughout the season, like they've done in Pod Play (Sunday and Wednesday games).

I like the different days for women and men. Can watch both of our teams.

Amen on different days. I really enjoy watching our women play but when the men have an away game at the same time the women have a home game I’m always going to stay home to watch the men play.
03-05-2019 08:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.