Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA women's basketball update
Bookmark and Share
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I was surprised to see UAB lose at home last night to Louisiana Tech but it just goes to show you that this conference is decent in women's hoops. There are still 5 undefeated teams in conference play and I think 3 or 4 of them have legitimate chances to win the conference regular season (sorry Marshall), and even though UAB lost last night, they're still the ones to beat for now.

Unfortunately a couple of teams at the bottom of the conference are bringing down the overall RPI so I'm not sure if we have much of a chance at 2 teams in the NCAA's (I'm looking at you Florida - UTSA is in trouble too as they only had 9 players to begin with last night and one of them looked to have a serious shoulder injury last night so you're probably now looking at 8 the rest of the season).
01-11-2019 07:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
RE: CUSA women's basketball update
Coach Mitchell just became the fastest coach to 50 wins in our history with the win over UTEP. Proud of our girls.
01-11-2019 07:19 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(01-11-2019 07:19 AM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  Coach Mitchell just became the fastest coach to 50 wins in our history with the win over UTEP. Proud of our girls.

North Texas having a pretty damn good year across the board. Amazing what a new AD can do .............. looking at you, MT 04-cheers
01-11-2019 09:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
(01-11-2019 09:12 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  
(01-11-2019 07:19 AM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  Coach Mitchell just became the fastest coach to 50 wins in our history with the win over UTEP. Proud of our girls.

North Texas having a pretty damn good year across the board. Amazing what a new AD can do .............. looking at you, MT 04-cheers

You are not kidding. When I think about how much our last AD was holding us back, it makes me mad. A little commitment from the AD and the President goes such a long way.
01-11-2019 09:41 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says we have karen, and will win!
01-11-2019 09:42 AM
ClaudeFunston Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UNT

You nailed it. We are now having to deal with all these rumors about our coaches being snapped up (McCasland is next). But, its not the coaches that we really need to worry about losing, it is the AD.
01-11-2019 10:08 AM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(01-11-2019 10:08 AM)ClaudeFunston Wrote:  

You nailed it. We are now having to deal with all these rumors about our coaches being snapped up (McCasland is next). But, its not the coaches that we really need to worry about losing, it is the AD.

We'll trade you an AD 03-banghead
01-11-2019 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
We’re now down to just three unbeatens
MTSU (6-0)
Rice (5-0)
WKU (5-0)
And my bold prediction is we’ll be down to only two after tonight.
Rice is @ MTSU (6:30 CT/7:30 ET) on ESPN+

In today’s other matchup between over .500 teams, North Texas (3-2) plays at 5-1 UAB at 11CT this morning. The Blazers are receiving votes in the national polls and sit at #7 in ESPNW’s Mid-Major Top Ten. Rice is at #10 in that ranking.

ODU (4-2) hosts UTEP early, and Marshall (4-1) hosts LATech.
Also tonight WKU hosts USM(6pCT/7pET). WKU is “#11” in the mid major top ten according to the writeup.

Charlotte hosts UTSA on BeIn. All other games (besides that and Rice/MTSU) are on CUSATV.
01-24-2019 09:45 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
ODU doing quite well after being picked to finish at the bottom. We are all pretty excited about our future with our new coach
01-24-2019 10:31 AM
WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
(01-24-2019 09:45 AM)owl at the moon Wrote:  We’re now down to just three unbeatens
MTSU (6-0)
Rice (5-0)
WKU (5-0)
And my bold prediction is we’ll be down to only two after tonight.
Rice is @ MTSU (6:30 CT/7:30 ET) on ESPN+

In today’s other matchup between over .500 teams, North Texas (3-2) plays at 5-1 UAB at 11CT this morning. The Blazers are receiving votes in the national polls and sit at #7 in ESPNW’s Mid-Major Top Ten. Rice is at #10 in that ranking.

ODU (4-2) hosts UTEP early, and Marshall (4-1) hosts LATech.
Also tonight WKU hosts USM(6pCT/7pET). WKU is “#11” in the mid major top ten according to the writeup.

Charlotte hosts UTSA on BeIn. All other games (besides that and Rice/MTSU) are on CUSATV.

For anyone wondering why the 11am tip...we do one of these games every year. Bring in local elementary schools and middle schools to the games. It is actually great fun if you can make it to the games or can take a long lunch break.
01-24-2019 11:30 AM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Should be a great game tonight in Murfreesboro. Go Raiders!
01-24-2019 12:53 PM
Advertisement

owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

Both home teams hold serve in the early games.
UAB 70, UNT 60 (UAB now 6-1)
ODU 78, UTEP 59 (ODU now 5-2)
01-24-2019 02:12 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(01-24-2019 02:12 PM)owl at the moon Wrote:  Both home teams hold serve in the early games.
UAB 70, UNT 60 (UAB now 6-1)
ODU 78, UTEP 59 (ODU now 5-2)

Hope that trend continues! 05-stirthepot
01-24-2019 05:48 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Marshall beats LA Tech in 3 OTs

LA Tech 88
Marshall 90

Marshall now 5-1 in conference and 11-8 over all.
01-24-2019 08:40 PM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Southern Miss upsets WKU in Bowling Green 69-56 to give the Lady Toppers their first conference loss I think.
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2019 09:08 PM by nastybunch.)
01-24-2019 09:07 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Rice women won by 13 tonight at MTSU. Nancy Mulkey is a difference maker. If you have a chance to see her play in person, you're in for a treat. First off, she's 6-9 so she's kind of hard to miss. But secondly, she can actually move quite a bit for a big girl and her stamina is so much better already this year than her freshman year at Oklahoma. Tonight she had 20 points, 7 rebounds and 8 blocks (the 2nd time this year she's had 8 blocks in a game).

The Rice women have won all 6 conference games by 10 or more points which makes them one of just 6 women's teams in the nation who can make that claim (along with Notre Dame, Baylor, UConn, Marquette and Lamar).
01-24-2019 10:50 PM
Advertisement

WhatIsThisFeeling Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
(01-24-2019 10:50 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Rice women won by 13 tonight at MTSU. Nancy Mulkey is a difference maker. If you have a chance to see her play in person, you're in for a treat. First off, she's 6-9 so she's kind of hard to miss. But secondly, she can actually move quite a bit for a big girl and her stamina is so much better already this year than her freshman year at Oklahoma. Tonight she had 20 points, 7 rebounds and 8 blocks (the 2nd time this year she's had 8 blocks in a game).

The Rice women have won all 6 conference games by 10 or more points which makes them one of just 6 women's teams in the nation who can make that claim (along with Notre Dame, Baylor, UConn, Marquette and Lamar).

Going to be a big game Saturday. If we are shooting good and hitting our 3 balls when we are open hopefully that will take Mulkey out of the game. Having to go inside on her is a task to hard to handle for us as we don't have any big post players and we tend to go guard heavy. Looking forward to the game!
01-25-2019 09:29 AM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(01-25-2019 09:29 AM)WhatIsThisFeeling Wrote:  
(01-24-2019 10:50 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Rice women won by 13 tonight at MTSU. Nancy Mulkey is a difference maker. If you have a chance to see her play in person, you're in for a treat. First off, she's 6-9 so she's kind of hard to miss. But secondly, she can actually move quite a bit for a big girl and her stamina is so much better already this year than her freshman year at Oklahoma. Tonight she had 20 points, 7 rebounds and 8 blocks (the 2nd time this year she's had 8 blocks in a game).

Going to be a big game Saturday. If we are shooting good and hitting our 3 balls when we are open hopefully that will take Mulkey out of the game. Having to go inside on her is a task to hard to handle for us as we don't have any big post players and we tend to go guard heavy. Looking forward to the game!

I think the only way to take her out is by foul trouble. It is very hard not to make a mistake on D for a whole shot clock againt that set that Rice runs.
Yes uab must hit the 3 balls but the difference for uab to win is your post out maneuvering Mulkey. Which can be done.

I think this is for the reg season title. Both teams win out after this one.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2019 01:26 PM by Thegoldstandard.)
01-25-2019 01:24 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(01-24-2019 10:31 AM)odu09 Wrote:  ODU doing quite well after being picked to finish at the bottom. We are all pretty excited about our future with our new coach

Best hire we've made in a long time. Future looks bright, I hope the admin will be ready to open their wallets and pay the woman to keep her when the time comes.
01-25-2019 01:37 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

(01-25-2019 01:24 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  
(01-25-2019 09:29 AM)WhatIsThisFeeling Wrote:  

I think the only way to take her out is by foul trouble. It is very hard not to make a mistake on D for a whole shot clock againt that set that Rice runs.
Yes uab must hit the 3 balls but the difference for uab to win is your post out maneuvering Mulkey. Which can be done.

I think this is for the reg season title. Both teams win out after this one.

Selfishly, I hope so. But CUSA is pretty deep this year (yesterday’s USM win is a perfect example). Agree that tomorrow’s winner does have an inside track.

I also posted a hot sports opinion today on the Rice board that if the UAB/Rice winner actually DOES win out in conference play and to the tourney final, that team might have an outside shot at an at-large. But it’s a very outside shot. We lost our three true OOC opportunities for making an at-large case before we got healthy as a team.

Massey has us ranked at 62 and 64.
01-25-2019 04:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.