Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New AD's Huge Decisions
Bookmark and Share
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

I Root For: William & Mary
New AD's Huge Decisions
While I have no idea what her first official act was since starting last week, she has already named the head coach of the Gymnastics team. Interim coach and former Tribe Gymnast Mike Powell was made the official coach. ECAC Champions and Coach of the year AND in his first year made it a no-brainer.

Guesses on any other early moves by her?
05-12-2017 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Tribal Offline

RE: New AD's Huge Decisions
Petty, I know, but I'm tired of reading her retweets and posts about Texas A&M. I'm an all in type of guy this tilts me more than it should. Focus on W&M and the numerous issues facing your athletics department, SH.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
05-28-2017 08:59 PM
nj alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: william & mary
Here's hoping that these words apply to the men's hoops venue and program:

https://wmalumni.com/content/tcwm/alumni...antha-huge
05-29-2017 07:49 AM
nogretheogre Offline
Lord of Bots & Tots

New Ticket Sales Manager. Created position??

http://www.tribeathletics.com/news/2017/...nager.aspx
08-31-2017 04:37 PM

Got Ribe Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: W&M
(08-31-2017 04:37 PM)nogretheogre Wrote:  New Ticket Sales Manager. Created position??

http://www.tribeathletics.com/news/2017/...nager.aspx

That's Ryan Riddle's former job title. Not sure if Ryan moved up or out.
09-01-2017 10:32 AM
Dr. Ebirt Offline
Bench Warmer

Looks like Mr. Riddle moved to a position in fundraising at WVU, his alma mater.
09-01-2017 10:58 AM
Tribeheart Offline
All American

New AD's Huge Decisions
I hesitated to go here, but WTF.

Seeing speculation and discussion about LaSalle struggling with their sports identity and costs, if LaSalle were to drop out of the A10, unless another A10 member, also, moves, would have to assume the A10 would quickly move to backfill. UNCW would be a candidate, but I don't think their recent success is consistent enough. Other than providing Davidson with a geographically close conference mate and expanding the NC footprint, there would not be much gain.

If/when the basketball program breaks through to the tournament and gets the accompanying attention, combining that with the current winning consistency of the program, proximity to 757 media, potential for re-establishing natural rivals, I would think we would have to be promoting the Tribe for a potential move. Returning to a consistent home and home basketball schedule of UR, VCU, GMU, along with Davidson and GW, just outweighs any reasons to remain in the CAA for other sports, outside of football.

Have to assume Huge has that option clearly on the radar for posturing, if that opening/path were to come about sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 12:05 PM by Tribeheart.)
01-31-2018 11:59 AM

Sitting bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W&M
I would prefer Ms Huge use her influence to strengthen the CAA, not junk around with a basketball conference.
01-31-2018 12:48 PM
zablenoise Offline
All American

(01-31-2018 11:59 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  I hesitated to go here, but WTF.

Seeing speculation and discussion about LaSalle struggling with their sports identity and costs, if LaSalle were to drop out of the A10, unless another A10 member, also, moves, would have to assume the A10 would quickly move to backfill. UNCW would be a candidate, but I don't think their recent success is consistent enough. Other than providing Davidson with a geographically close conference mate and expanding the NC footprint, there would not be much gain.

If/when the basketball program breaks through to the tournament and gets the accompanying attention, combining that with the current winning consistency of the program, proximity to 757 media, potential for re-establishing natural rivals, I would think we would have to be promoting the Tribe for a potential move. Returning to a consistent home and home basketball schedule of UR, VCU, GMU, along with Davidson and GW, just outweighs any reasons to remain in the CAA for other sports, outside of football.

Have to assume Huge has that option clearly on the radar for posturing, if that opening/path were to come about sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
I don't think its very likely but I'd love to see us in the A-10. We can even leave football in the CAA. There's almost no downside.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk
01-31-2018 12:58 PM
Tribal Offline

New AD's Huge Decisions
UNCW, Hofstra, CoC, and maybe even Drexel seem to be more likely candidates for a move to the A10. We have no national success in basketball and our budget isn't very appealing. I'd say CoC then UNCW are the frontrunners for a move to the A10.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 01:22 PM by Tribal.)
01-31-2018 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.