Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mexican senator proposes cancellation of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Mexican senator proposes cancellation of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
Yeah, it's the treaty you're thinking of, the one that ended the Mexican-American War when Polk was president.

Quote:The bill Piter is proposing would specifically cancel the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which ended the Mexican-American War and ceded Texas and California as well as parts of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming to the U.S. if Trump cancels NAFTA.

“The goal is to foresee and prevent any negative effects on Mexico if Trump becomes president of the United States,” he said.

If enacted, the bill would also ban public funds from being used by the finance ministry if it is “against the country’s interest.” This is perhaps in response to Videgaray, who was the individual responsible for inviting Trump to Mexico and ensuring the visit happened. It would not only prevent the country from paying for a Trump visit, but it would also prevent the country from paying for Trump’s border wall that he vehemently demands the country supply.

Another portion of the bill would require that Mexico retaliate if a “President Trump” were to specifically target Mexicans living in the US in any way economically. This is a reference to previous statements Trump has made that he would block remittance payments to Mexico if the country didn’t voluntarily pay for “the wall.” The retaliation would likely be in the form of a similar tax on the more than one million Americans who are currently living in Mexico.

Coming up next, a Canadian MP will threaten to repeal the Webster-Ashburton Treaty. Mainers beware!

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/mexico-t...s-elected/
09-08-2016 08:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: Mexican senator proposes cancellation of the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
They really don't want to get into an tit-for-tat with us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
09-08-2016 08:58 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I wish we had politicians that were patriotic like that and wanted to protect their own people like this.
09-08-2016 09:01 PM
Stick4489 Offline
Gaseous Clay

I Root For: The Herd

CrappiesCrappies
Bring it.
09-09-2016 06:52 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
"Sound and fury....."
09-09-2016 07:08 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
You do you, Mexico. 03-lmfao
09-09-2016 07:44 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
It's all just rhetoric but let Mexico go ahead and cancel whatever they like. It's not like anyone in the USA will give a crap anyway.
09-09-2016 07:57 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
Mexico. She's awesome.
09-09-2016 08:45 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(09-08-2016 08:46 PM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Yeah, it's the treaty you're thinking of, the one that ended the Mexican-American War when Polk was president.

Quote:The bill Piter is proposing would specifically cancel the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which ended the Mexican-American War and ceded Texas and California as well as parts of Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming to the U.S. if Trump cancels NAFTA.

“The goal is to foresee and prevent any negative effects on Mexico if Trump becomes president of the United States,” he said.

If enacted, the bill would also ban public funds from being used by the finance ministry if it is “against the country’s interest.” This is perhaps in response to Videgaray, who was the individual responsible for inviting Trump to Mexico and ensuring the visit happened. It would not only prevent the country from paying for a Trump visit, but it would also prevent the country from paying for Trump’s border wall that he vehemently demands the country supply.

Another portion of the bill would require that Mexico retaliate if a “President Trump” were to specifically target Mexicans living in the US in any way economically. This is a reference to previous statements Trump has made that he would block remittance payments to Mexico if the country didn’t voluntarily pay for “the wall.” The retaliation would likely be in the form of a similar tax on the more than one million Americans who are currently living in Mexico.

Coming up next, a Canadian MP will threaten to repeal the Webster-Ashburton Treaty. Mainers beware!

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/mexico-t...s-elected/

Thanks Trump

This is what happens when you alienate your allies and embrace your enemies.

Putin is 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
09-09-2016 09:29 AM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Mexico is a crap hole any way you slice it.

Thanks Obammy and Dems that want to bring the US down to this third world trash culture.
09-09-2016 09:42 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-09-2016 09:42 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Mexico is a crap hole any way you slice it.

Thanks Obammy and Dems that want to bring the US down to this third world trash culture.

Spoken like someone that has never been there.
09-09-2016 09:54 AM
Advertisement

Banned

Been there. Drive through crap to get from airport to beach resort. Just as crappy as Puerto Rico same ride from airport almost Deja Vue !

But Cudos to the third world country for protecting their borders. Its just the mass exodus of the dregs from there that are crossing into our country daily.

If it's such a paradise , why are the trolls swarming like locusts to get here illegally?
09-09-2016 09:59 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-09-2016 09:59 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Been there. Drive through crap to get from airport to beach resort. Just as crappy as Puerto Rico same ride from airport almost Deja Vue !

But Cudos to the third world country for protecting their borders. Its just the mass exodus of the dregs from there that are crossing into our country daily.

If it's such a paradise , why are the trolls swarming like locusts to get here illegally?

I wasn't talking about the economic issues of the country.

I was talking about it's culture and people.

Frankly, I"m surprised you conservatives don't think it's a paradise politically speaking.

There are virtually no public schools or social programs to speak of. You guys would love it.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 10:04 AM by Fitbud.)
09-09-2016 10:02 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(09-09-2016 09:54 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 09:42 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Mexico is a crap hole any way you slice it.

I think is pretty well documented to be horrible everywhere outside of resorts...that is btw..the vast majority of the country.07-coffee3
09-09-2016 10:37 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-09-2016 10:37 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 09:54 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

I think is pretty well documented to be horrible everywhere outside of resorts...that is btw..the vast majority of the country.07-coffee3

Me thinks you need to read Post #13
09-09-2016 10:39 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(09-09-2016 10:02 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 09:59 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Been there. Drive through crap to get from airport to beach resort. Just as crappy as Puerto Rico same ride from airport almost Deja Vue !

Frankly, I"m surprised you conservatives don't think it's a paradise politically speaking.

There are virtually no public schools or social programs to speak of. You guys would love it.

The people in general are fine. In fact...the ones here illegally appreciate America more than many US citizens.
09-09-2016 10:40 AM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-09-2016 10:40 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

The people in general are fine. In fact...the ones here illegally appreciate America more than many US citizens.

Yes they do. Which is why it is so ironic that conservatives do not embrace this segment of society. They would be life long republicans in any other alternate world. They are socially conservative and business minded.
09-09-2016 11:02 AM
Banned

Why don't these LEGAL people , the legal one's assimilate to American ways?

It boggles my mind and speaks volumes.
09-09-2016 11:10 AM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Tell them to go ahead and cancel the treaty. The cancellation of a treaty means that hostilities are resumed. Then we can send the 1st Armored Division and 1st Calvary Division on a North American version of the Dragoon Ride that the 2nd Cavalry Regiment has been doing in Europe. Except this time there will be fireworks.

Slightly different from Zachary Taylor's invasion.

And our landing at Vera Cruz will be a little different than Winfield Scott's

09-09-2016 11:32 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-09-2016 11:02 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-09-2016 10:40 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

Yes they do. Which is why it is so ironic that conservatives do not embrace this segment of society. They would be life long republicans in any other alternate world. They are socially conservative and business minded.

I acknowledge many illegals appreciate America more than American citizens do. However, that in no way shape or form changes that fact that the illegals are still illegal.
09-09-2016 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.