Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If Carey takes another HC position...
Bookmark and Share
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
If Carey takes another HC position...
Is anyone on the current staff ready to take over? Of Claeys doesn't get the HC job at Minnesota, is he an option?
11-06-2015 09:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Splooie99 Offline
2nd String

RE: If Carey takes another HC position...
After watching the last 20 seconds of the MN MI game, I am not sure that is the best option. He made 2 big mistakes in 15 seconds. Not being aware of the clock and a bad play call for his offense. If he had not blown those 2 plays, he would have secured a place at MN for next year. But, those 2 bad things will cost him a job.
11-06-2015 09:31 AM
RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

Matt Canada needs to be an option! But we would probably have to pay him $600k+
11-06-2015 09:41 AM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
Oh God.. Not Claeys. Never Ever Ever
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 09:52 AM by HuskieRak.)
11-06-2015 09:52 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

With 10+ FBS positions open and more firings after season, there will be a lot of movement. If NIU gets back to MACC, Carey has to get some consideration. I am sure that Frazier already has a list of guys that he is considering.
11-06-2015 09:55 AM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Given that Frazier has stated continuity in the scheme is important to him, Canada would likely be on his list since he implemented the current offensive scheme in 2011.

This might be pure speculation on my part, but would Brock Spack be a candidate to make the jump up to FBS?
11-06-2015 10:18 AM
Advertisement

NIU32 Offline
Heisman

#BobCole

just kidding
11-06-2015 10:22 AM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Whatever happens we needs to make NIU FB coaches salary competitive with WMU.
11-06-2015 10:26 AM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(11-06-2015 10:18 AM)BarsemaBone2 Wrote:  Given that Frazier has stated continuity in the scheme is important to him, Canada would likely be on his list since he implemented the current offensive scheme in 2011.

This might be pure speculation on my part, but would Brock Spack be a candidate to make the jump up to FBS?

What I've heard is that "supposedly"...Spack (Illinois State for those who don't know) is VERY happy at ISU and has turned down some things that have come his way.

If the above is true....I think it would be something bigger than NIU for him to move....just my $.02.
11-06-2015 10:30 AM
Kansacity88 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU, ILL, & ISU
I'm so worried about falling back into a rut that I'd almost BEG that we hire from within....just so we can keep the system going. I mean I aint gonna lie and say that I wouldn't mind seeing NIU air it the f*** out once in a while but I LOVE running the rock! If it aint broke (and it works during MAC play) don't fix (change) it!
11-06-2015 10:31 AM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

You could also ask the question if Carey gets another HC position, which of the current staff would he take with him?

Kill took everybody but Tuke, but most of that group had been together for almost a decade prior to that, so it was understandable.

Doeren took 4 coaches: Nielsen, McNutt, Uremovich, and Fris. Everybody else stayed.

Of the two situations, I think the latter is more likely with Carey. I think he'll take most of the offensive staff with him (Cole, Tripodi, possibly Ward), maybe some of the defensive guys. The assistants could also depart separately for other assistant positions at higher places.
11-06-2015 10:32 AM
Advertisement

BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

(11-06-2015 10:30 AM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 10:18 AM)BarsemaBone2 Wrote:  Given that Frazier has stated continuity in the scheme is important to him, Canada would likely be on his list since he implemented the current offensive scheme in 2011.

What I've heard is that "supposedly"...Spack (Illinois State for those who don't know) is VERY happy at ISU and has turned down some things that have come his way.

If the above is true....I think it would be something bigger than NIU for him to move....just my $.02.

Could be. Then again, wasn't Kill's situation at SIU somewhat similar and then he took the NIU gig?
11-06-2015 10:35 AM
Kansacity88 Offline
Special Teams

IMHO, if anyone has a good chance of getting something better, it'll be Niemann. That dude has the defense playing out of their minds this season!!!
11-06-2015 10:36 AM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

(11-06-2015 10:36 AM)Kansacity88 Wrote:  IMHO, if anyone has a good chance of getting something better, it'll be Niemann. That dude has the defense playing out of their minds this season!!!

Agree w Niemann. If it would be anyone on the current staff it would be him.

Another name to throw out there that could be interesting:

Jake Spavital - OC Texas A&M
As far as coaching pedigrees go, Texas A&M offensive coordinator Jake Spavital has one of the most impressive resumes in terms of the people he's coached under. The list of now-head coaches he's worked with includes: Kevin Sumlin, Mike Gundy, Dana Holgorsen, Kliff Kingsbury, Gus Malzahn and Todd Graham.

Spavital worked as A&M's co-offensive coordinator in 2013 when the Aggies led the SEC in points per game and passing offense. The Aggies again led the SEC in passing offense in '14 with Spavital being the lone offensive coordinator.

The Aggies have one of the top young quarterbacks in the SEC returning in Kyle Allen and could have another star in Kyler Murray joining this summer. With a wealth of skill talent, A&M should once again have one of the top offenses in the SEC.

He's young which I like right now for recruting and connection with players assuming he could put together a veteran staff around him) and hes only making $383k so we could make the money work.
11-06-2015 10:44 AM
BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

(11-06-2015 10:36 AM)Kansacity88 Wrote:  IMHO, if anyone has a good chance of getting something better, it'll be Niemann. That dude has the defense playing out of their minds this season!!!

His youngest son will have graduated high school after this year as well, so that's one less inhibitor for him to remain.
11-06-2015 10:47 AM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-06-2015 10:44 AM)NIU32 Wrote:  He's young which I like right now for recruting and connection with players assuming he could put together a veteran staff around him) and hes only making $383k so we could make the money work.

Last year he made $483k with a max bonus potential of $95k.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries.../assistant
11-06-2015 10:49 AM
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-06-2015 10:26 AM)sterling1man Wrote:  Whatever happens we needs to make NIU FB coaches salary competitive with WMU.

NIU pays more to Carey than WMU pays to PJ now.

Its just that a WMU donor is doubling that salary to PJ.
11-06-2015 10:53 AM
NIU32 Offline
Heisman

(11-06-2015 10:49 AM)armour248 Wrote:  
(11-06-2015 10:44 AM)NIU32 Wrote:  He's young which I like right now for recruting and connection with players assuming he could put together a veteran staff around him) and hes only making $383k so we could make the money work.

Last year he made $483k with a max bonus potential of $95k.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries.../assistant

yup, guess i was looking at his old salary from a year or 2 back. still an interesting candidate
11-06-2015 10:54 AM
Kansacity88 Offline
Special Teams

(11-06-2015 10:44 AM)NIU32 Wrote:  

Agree w Niemann. If it would be anyone on the current staff it would be him.

Another name to throw out there that could be interesting:

Jake Spavital - OC Texas A&M
As far as coaching pedigrees go, Texas A&M offensive coordinator Jake Spavital has one of the most impressive resumes in terms of the people he's coached under. The list of now-head coaches he's worked with includes: Kevin Sumlin, Mike Gundy, Dana Holgorsen, Kliff Kingsbury, Gus Malzahn and Todd Graham.

Spavital worked as A&M's co-offensive coordinator in 2013 when the Aggies led the SEC in points per game and passing offense. The Aggies again led the SEC in passing offense in '14 with Spavital being the lone offensive coordinator.

The Aggies have one of the top young quarterbacks in the SEC returning in Kyle Allen and could have another star in Kyler Murray joining this summer. With a wealth of skill talent, A&M should once again have one of the top offenses in the SEC.

He's young which I like right now for recruting and connection with players assuming he could put together a veteran staff around him) and hes only making $383k so we could make the money work.

I'd like that hire just for him opening that door to Texas. I mean we get kids from Florida all the time and I aint mad at that.....its just that Texas is good to get 3-4 from there a year. I mean we got Grady and Olootu (sp?) and I could be missing someone else but you get my point....why not get more from Texas, you know?!?! Open that door!
11-06-2015 11:03 AM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(11-06-2015 09:52 AM)HuskieRak Wrote:  Oh God.. Not Claeys. Never Ever Ever

+1 there aren't enough zeros I can fit after that 1 on how that is a big no.

Just spit-balling, but what about someone from the Novak era that is probably going to get fired this year and recruits the area in Scott Schafer? I'm sure and hope Frazier wants a coach who is not going to change the offense much at all and they run the spread at Syracuse.
11-06-2015 11:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.