WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greeting from Stateboro
ValleyBoy Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
Greeting from Stateboro
Well many of the Eagle Faithful are very worried about our game this upcoming weekend against your team after our game with WV and your game against MS.

I feel like Georgia Southern ran up against a very good WV team that had one of the best defenses that the Eagles have come up against in the past several years. Defensively I feel like the Eagles played as good a game as they could against WV but the O just did not give them any help at all.
09-08-2015 09:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Greeting from Stateboro
Welcome. Despite your WVU score, I'm still just as worried heading down there and playing against the offense you run. It really is a toss-up and both teams are salivating for a W.

I'm glad we've had unusually warm weather here this past week (85-90 and muggy, instead of the normal 75 or so in early September). So we won't be toooo blindsided by the heat.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 09:32 AM by Motown Bronco.)
09-08-2015 09:31 AM
WesternSkillet Offline
All American

I Root For: LU
Welcome GSU fans. I do think this will be a close game. I remember watching some of the game you won against Florida a few years back. I found it impressive that GSU ran the Sun Belt last year and gave GT & NC State all they could handle. Looking forward to the game.
09-08-2015 10:00 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Should be an interesting match-up, a contrast in styles. I'm curious if we can get our running game productive against GSU, we didn't really do that against Michigan State.
09-08-2015 10:02 AM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Welcome, Eagle fans! This was one of my toss-up games in the preseason, but I think we will win it now. It will be close though. It's never easy to go down and play in that Georgia heat, and WMU doesn't usually face offenses like the one GASO runs. That being said, I think WMU's passing game will be too much to handle. Hoping for a great game with no injuries on either side!
09-08-2015 11:16 AM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:Well many of the Eagle Faithful are very worried about our game this upcoming weekend against your team after our game with WV and your game against MS.

You should be... but although us Bronco fans should have a bit of a sigh of relief after seeing the results of your game, we should (I know I am) still NOT be comfortable heading into your stadium at all. I can guaranShee that you guys won't have 5 turnovers, nor perform as poorly otherwise on O.

With that said, it's understandable WMU has a slight edge in the Vegas odds.

MY PREDICTION:
- GSU does not turn the ball over 5 times. 1 time, maybe 2 times.
- GSU doesn't pass much, but is reasonably effective when they do, although mostly for short yardage.
- GSU will average 4.5-5.5 yards a carry

- WMU will turn the ball over 1 time. Maybe 2 times.
- WMU will pass well against GSU
- WMU will average about 4.0-4.5 yards a carry

- Most of the game it will be slow scoring due to eating up clock
- GSU will eat up clock, and WMU will work to eat up clock in return
- The winner will win by 1 possession. Maybe 2 due to a turnover.

- ADVANTAGE (small): WMU
09-08-2015 02:04 PM
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(09-08-2015 09:24 AM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  Well many of the Eagle Faithful are very worried about our game this upcoming weekend against your team after our game with WV and your game against MS.

I feel like Georgia Southern ran up against a very good WV team that had one of the best defenses that the Eagles have come up against in the past several years. Defensively I feel like the Eagles played as good a game as they could against WV but the O just did not give them any help at all.

Your boys certainly ran into a buzz saw against WV. We could have gotten steamrolled too, but kept our composure and got it going on offense and defense. I really like the character of our team, and I think we are going to be real good on offense and pretty good on defense. I am hoping that GS is catching the Broncos at the wrong time for GS. But we shall see.

GS is solid, and I was shocked you didn't play more competitively last week. Hope we don't underestimate GS, as many have in the past. I don't think we will.

May the best team win . . . . . . as long as it is us. If not, then may the worst team win!!!
09-08-2015 02:05 PM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

(09-08-2015 09:24 AM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  Well many of the Eagle Faithful are very worried about our game this upcoming weekend against your team after our game with WV and your game against MS.

I've personally not put much stock into that 44-0 score. GaSo proved last year it can play some ball and I know Fleck will have the boys ready.
09-08-2015 02:35 PM
BaldingBroncoFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
09-08-2015 02:43 PM
westernwilly Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army
(09-08-2015 02:43 PM)BaldingBroncoFan Wrote:  http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/story.../71886928/

Great article. 02-13-banana
09-08-2015 03:52 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
We put up 24 against MSU and left at least 14 more on the field. This with our top RB sitting much of the game.

I'm sure GS can score, but I don't think they can keep up.

38-24 Western
09-08-2015 04:00 PM
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-08-2015 04:00 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  We put up 24 against MSU and left at least 14 more on the field. This with our top RB sitting much of the game.

I'm sure GS can score, but I don't think they can keep up.

38-24 Western

GSU returns 9 starters on D, including both safeties. And they have a junior and a senior penciled in at CB. On paper, their secondary looks more formidable than MSU.

Their head coach Fritz sounds a lot like Coach Fleck, in demanding each and every player improve their best every day. And you can bet they'll be itching for redemption after the WVU loss.

I expect a real battle down in Statesboro and I know Coach Fleck does as well. This will be a real challenge for our program.
09-08-2015 04:52 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
He and Fleck said each player must work hard to improve each day? Wow, you never hear coaches say that. Wonder if Bill Bilechek ever thought of that one.

And yes they do return 9 on D, and 7 on offense, minus their starting QB who won't play. They put up a donut at WVU. Not thinking they can keep up on the scoreboard.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 05:18 PM by Chipdip2.)
09-08-2015 05:14 PM
ValleyBoy Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
Georgia Southern offense biggest problem against WV was the 3-3-5 defense that WV ran. I expect that GS will get their offensive running game back on track this upcoming weekend. The GS defense has been very good against the run. The keys to who I see winning this game are for Georgia Southern, passing game being good enough during the game that the Bronco's have to respect the pass. For the Bronco's the key will be their running game being respected by the Eagles.
09-08-2015 05:42 PM
The Colonel Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(09-08-2015 02:35 PM)wingsenforcer Wrote:  I've personally not put much stock into that 44-0 score.

I agree. A wounded dog is a dangerous dog. Georgia Southern is a program that oozes pride and is going to come ready to play with something to prove on Saturday night. On top of that, we are the first FBS non-conference opponent they've ever hosted. It may not be quite equal to MSU playing at Waldo, but their fans are going to be amped up.

All of that said, I picked us to win this game before the season started, and I'm not backing off that prediction now. As good as the offense looked at times against the Spartans, we were one-dimensional. That won't be the case this weekend. I look for us to establish a strong balance between the running game and the passing game and to escape Statesboro with a narrow, hard-fought W.
09-08-2015 06:19 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

So if nothing else, I guess we'll find out which dog is more dangerous; a hungry one or a wounded one.
09-08-2015 06:45 PM
Advertisement

anthonybronco Offline
1st String

Both teams should be bowling in December (January?) that's for sure!!

GO BRONCOS!!
09-08-2015 06:48 PM
schwebbs84 Offline
1st String

If WMU does not miss a field goal and drop two, wide-open bombs in the first half, we score at least 35 on Sparty.

Like Fleck said, we proved that we could play with them, we just waited too long to do so.

I saw a little tape on GaSo and, while I don't necessarily think that the 44-0 loss to unranked West Virginia holds a lot of weight, I think the WMU "hungry dog" that Fleck speaks of might be hungrier for a statement win.

GaSo deserves every accolade coming its way for their 9-3 FBS debut. My thought process revolves around Fleck committing to the run this week and continuing to throw it deep.

Make it: WMU 28, GaSo 17
09-08-2015 07:58 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-08-2015 05:14 PM)Chipdip2 Wrote:  He and Fleck said each player must work hard to improve each day? Wow, you never hear coaches say that.

I said 'improve their best everyday' not 'work hard to improve every day', there is a difference and one which Coach Fleck strives to emphasize. You're not rowing in synch with the rest of the team.

[Image: fisherd.jpg]
09-08-2015 08:35 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:A wounded dog is a dangerous dog.

They certainly can be, yes. And GA-Southern is no slouch. It's not like we walked into our bowl and handled Air Force just fine or anything.

Quote:It may not be quite equal to MSU playing at Waldo, but their fans are going to be amped up.

It's not, but they're going to feel a sense of "rebooting" after that bad game, being at home, having a non-conf opponent come waltzing in to kick off their home opener. Yep.

Quote: I think the WMU "hungry dog" that Fleck speaks of might be hungrier for a statement win.

True. A hungry dog with an oar can hopefully whack a wounded dog while it's down! 03-wink But hopefully with an extra day to prepare, we get prepared to handle GA-Southern's ways, and prepare to get comfortable to walk into a hostile mid-major environment.

HUNGRY DOG -4 @ WOUNDED DOG
Sept. 12th, 2015
09-08-2015 09:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.