The real reason for Voter ID

06-04-2015 09:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
RE: The real reason for Voter ID
So, I watched the whole video. What's the real reason? They never discussed it.
06-04-2015 09:53 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(06-04-2015 09:53 AM)blunderbuss Wrote:  So, I watched the whole video. What's the real reason? They never discussed it.

The answer was in the first 10 seconds. To disenfranchise 1 million voters.
06-04-2015 10:09 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(06-04-2015 09:53 AM)blunderbuss Wrote:  So, I watched the whole video. What's the real reason? They never discussed it.

At a minimum, the video does show that Texas' law is ****** up and needs revisions.

I don't really have any issues with voter ID as long as the government provides them to people that cannot afford them (and yes some people cannot afford even $10), but they also need to make the process pretty easy. A misspelling on a birth certificate for example should never make it virtually impossible to get an ID.
06-04-2015 10:10 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(06-04-2015 10:10 AM)Niner National Wrote:  

At a minimum, the video does show that Texas' law is ****** up and needs revisions.

I don't really have any issues with voter ID as long as the government provides them to people that cannot afford them (and yes some people cannot afford even $10), but they also need to make the process pretty easy. A misspelling on a birth certificate for example should never make it virtually impossible to get an ID.

Exactly. That is what I have been complaining about since day one.
06-04-2015 10:15 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC

My SS benefit Projection letters kept having My Birth Month wrong. I contacted the SS office and had to show a birth Certificate. I had to Drive 60 miles to Frankfort, Ky, Pay $50.00 for a Copy of it and wait back home for it to come in the Mail. Then take off to go to SS office and wait 45 minutes to show birth certificate so the Proper changes could be made. It's the Government that does these things and You just do it. If these folks truly want to vote legally, You get an ID. You just do it.
06-04-2015 10:21 AM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(06-04-2015 10:21 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  

My SS benefit Projection letters kept having My Birth Month wrong. I contacted the SS office and had to show a birth Certificate. I had to Drive 60 miles to Frankfort, Ky, Pay $50.00 for a Copy of it and wait back home for it to come in the Mail. Then take off to go to SS office and wait 45 minutes to show birth certificate so the Proper changes could be made. It's the Government that does these things and You just do it. If these folks truly want to vote legally, You get an ID. You just do it.

That is hard to do if you don't have a car.

My grandmother for example would have been screwed. She was born in a house in rural WV with no birth certificate. She never drove or had a job in her life. She largely lived a subsistence lifestyle, growing her own food and canning it until she got too old to do so. Her only source of income late in life was her husband's SS.

People like Fitbud generally try to turn this into a race issue (and that argument certainly isn't without some validity), but more than anything else, these laws hurt the elderly, especially those that live in rural areas.
06-04-2015 10:25 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(06-04-2015 10:15 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Exactly. That is what I have been complaining about since day one.

so your problem is with the process of getting an ID, not the voter ID law itself, yes?
06-04-2015 10:28 AM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
This crap is just so stupid.
06-04-2015 10:29 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(06-04-2015 10:25 AM)Niner National Wrote:  

That is hard to do if you don't have a car.

My grandmother for example would have been screwed. She was born in a house in rural WV with no birth certificate. She never drove or had a job in her life. She largely lived a subsistence lifestyle, growing her own food and canning it until she got too old to do so. Her only source of income late in life was her husband's SS.

People like Fitbud generally try to turn this into a race issue (and that argument certainly isn't without some validity), but more than anything else, these laws hurt the elderly, especially those that live in rural areas.

Precisely why there is a need for More Satellite SS and State offices in each county that can assist folks without having to visit the State capital for things like Birth Certificates and such.
06-04-2015 10:31 AM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
76% Of Americans, Including 58% Of Democrats Support Voter ID Laws, Will Media Report?

[Image: 11bp1xx.jpg]

Of course the MSM won't report this poll. Too busy reporting on Bruce Jenner. You know, the important stuff.

Quote:A new poll conducted by Rasmussen Reports found that 76 percent of Americans and even 58 percent of Democrats support voter ID laws across the country. Given that polling has repeatedly shown wide support for photo ID, will the media report this important statistic?

Given that the liberal media have repeatedly argued that such requirements are discriminatory against minorities and low-income individuals we shouldn’t hold our breaths that this poll will get covered by the liberal media whatsoever. […]

The network that has been the most obsessed with attacking voter ID laws has been none other than MSNBC which has run multiple stories trashing different states for daring to implement such laws. Below is just a small sample of the “Lean Forward” network’s relentless attack on voter ID laws:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jeffrey-mey...dia-report
06-04-2015 10:38 AM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
(06-04-2015 10:09 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

The answer was in the first 10 seconds. To disenfranchise 1 million voters.

I'm not sure disenfranchise means what you think it means.
06-04-2015 11:06 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

Some people don't have the resources you do. That is what republicans are counting on.
06-04-2015 11:08 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Glad to see this lady helping people obtain the proper ID. Any problems with voter ID are addressable.
06-04-2015 11:12 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(06-04-2015 11:12 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Glad to see this lady helping people obtain the proper ID. Any problems with voter ID are addressable.

Addressable? Did you see the video? The guy has been voting since 1964 and now can't vote becuase the state of texas lost his name change certificate.

How do you address that when the State can't find his documents but still won't let him vote?

The other guy can't vote because they misspelled his name on his birth certificate. Again through no fault of his own. The state will not let him vote unless he legally changes his name to the mispelled name that the state gave him.

Addressable?

Are you high?
06-04-2015 11:14 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(06-04-2015 11:14 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 11:12 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Glad to see this lady helping people obtain the proper ID. Any problems with voter ID are addressable.

Addressable? Did you see the video? The guy has been voting since 1964 and now can't vote becuase the state of texas lost his name change certificate.

How do you address that when the State can't find his documents but still won't let him vote?

The other guy can't vote because they misspelled his name on his birth certificate. Again through no fault of his own. The state will not let him vote unless he legally changes his name to the mispelled name that the state gave him.

Addressable?

Are you high?

It is being addressed. I thought you watched the video. 07-coffee3
06-04-2015 11:28 AM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU

Addressable?

Are you high?

So you do understand that it could be addressed.
06-04-2015 07:14 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Anyone who isn't responsible enough to obtain a photo ID doesn't belong in the voting booth. This is not rocket science.
06-04-2015 07:30 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest

Addressable?

Are you high?

No...But I wish I was. The nonsense of this would be easier to digest.
06-04-2015 07:40 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(06-04-2015 07:14 PM)Paul M Wrote:  

Addressable?

Are you high?

So you do understand that it could be addressed.

What a stupid response that surprised absolutely no one, given the source. Hey, everything is hunky dory, all this guy has to do is go through an arduous legal process to change his name to match a misspelling on his birth certificate. What's the problem?
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 06:54 AM by UCF08.)
06-05-2015 06:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.