Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Andre Ware just blasted Houston's move to Big East. (video)
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
Exclamation Andre Ware just blasted Houston's move to Big East. (video)
On College Football Live.

Have to watch it later when they replay it at 10pm eastern on ESPNU. Said something like Houston obviously drank the koolaid before they even knew the flavor or something like that. Went on for awhile talking about it being a mistake.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 09:31 PM by MU ATO.)
06-05-2012 06:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AndreWhere Offline
Banned

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Andre Ware just blasted Houston's move to Big East
Why would he say that? Did he give some sort of rationale? Did he think UH should have stayed in CUSA? Did he expect better membership offers than the Big East to be forthcoming? I can see the Big XII letting Houston back into the fold at some point... that's probably what Andre meant.
06-05-2012 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
He's obviously a butthurt CUSA fan.... Oh wait...
06-05-2012 07:32 PM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
From a football standpoint he's probably blasting the loss of regional rivals (Rice, UTEP, Tulsa... Extended rivals USM, Tulane) and trading that for way outs like... everyone except SMU.

Houston made a decision based on weighing the money. It remains to be seen whether that will turn out in their favor.
06-05-2012 07:45 PM
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
(06-05-2012 07:32 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  He's obviously a butthurt CUSA fan.... Oh wait...

Who? Ware or the original poster who "has" to watch a show over again tonight to hear an ESPN commentator give his opinion on Houston leaving Conference USA?
06-05-2012 07:51 PM
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
Just part of the E$PN plan to denigrate the Big East.
06-05-2012 08:02 PM
Advertisement

GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
(06-05-2012 08:02 PM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  Just part of the E$PN plan to denigrate the Big East.
If ESPN is denigrating the Big East, you're in trouble. You want them denigrating the Big East AFTER the contract has been signed.
06-05-2012 08:07 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Id like to see what he said. I listened to him for a couple of years every morning on a local radio sports talk show and that just doesnt really square with the kind of thing he has said before about Houston. I wouldnt think he would blast Houston for taking pretty much the only option they had for moving up the ladder. It wasnt like they left the SEC and Big-12 waiting at the alter. It was pretty much thier only option other than staying put (in which case another CUSA school would have simply taken thier place). I'd be curious to know what his rationale was.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 08:19 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-05-2012 08:10 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators
They were talking about conf movement and after Schad talked about the Big East and the lack of money etc., the main host said to Andre something about Houston leaving for the Big East and Andre talked about it being a mistake and Bouston shouldnt have done it. It was pretty clear. The main host dude even said wow the Houston legend thinks its a mistake.

Just watch it in a half hour. It's in like the first 10 mins.
06-05-2012 08:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
You can check out the BE board if you need a further explanation of Ware's comments.
06-05-2012 08:30 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(06-05-2012 08:27 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  They were talking about conf movement and after Schad talked about the Big East and the lack of money etc., the main host said to Andre something about Houston leaving for the Big East and Andre talked about it being a mistake and Bouston shouldnt have done it. It was pretty clear. The main host dude even said wow the Houston legend thinks its a mistake.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Ive bounced around the boards trying to see exactly what the deal is. If nothing else, he certainly got people to notice him.
06-05-2012 08:40 PM
Advertisement

roundsound Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTEP
(06-05-2012 08:40 PM)attackfrog Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 08:27 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  They were talking about conf movement and after Schad talked about the Big East and the lack of money etc., the main host said to Andre something about Houston leaving for the Big East and Andre talked about it being a mistake and Bouston shouldnt have done it. It was pretty clear. The main host dude even said wow the Houston legend thinks its a mistake.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Ive bounced around the boards trying to see exactly what the deal is. If nothing else, he certainly got people to notice him.
Don't bother unless you want to hear all the former C-USA fans talk about what a duma$$ Ware is. Some saying "Why wouldn't Houston move to the bE for 5X the TV money."

From what I gathered before I 03-puke is he thought Houston should have waited for a B-12 invite. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't know about the bE's future or maybe he was spewing the ESPN line like his bosses told him to do.
06-05-2012 08:51 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
Andre Ware just blasted Houston's move to Big East
I thought you CUSA folks made it clear that you didn't want talk about the Big East on "your" board?

This thread should be moved, certain mod.
06-05-2012 08:57 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
We beat CUSA schools by about 35 points/game last year, and struggled to gain credibility in our own city. I had to stop listening to sports radio, because every time someone would call in wanting to talk about UH, the only response they ever got was, "Give me a break, it's CUSA."

Sorry Andre, but Boise, UL, Cincy, etc. > Old Dominion, UTSA, Charlotte, etc.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 09:09 PM by Kronke.)
06-05-2012 09:04 PM
meangreener Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNT
(06-05-2012 09:04 PM)Kronke Wrote:  We blasted CUSA schools by about 35 points/game last year, and struggled to gain credibility in our own city. I had to stop listening to sports radio, because every time someone would call in wanting to talk about UH, the only response they ever got was, "Give me a break, it's CUSA."

Sorry Andre, but Boise, UL, Cincy, etc. > Old Dominion, UTSA, Charlotte, etc.

Dude, you can go into any Academy in Houston and see UH sections equal to the Texans/Astros/Rockets. Stop the lying and butthurt.

Furthermore, who cares what Houston radio/analysts/media think? This is a city that can't respect their own football team and says idiotic stuff daily on their radio show. At Texans games, they don't even cheer at the right time. I'm a Houstonian, but we're idiotic sports fans.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 09:11 PM by meangreener.)
06-05-2012 09:06 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
I didn't say anything about the availability of our gear, I'm telling you that the Mondays after 63-28, 56-13, 73-14 type routs, that was the general sentiment towards UH from all the local sports talk.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 09:13 PM by Kronke.)
06-05-2012 09:10 PM
Advertisement

meangreener Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNT
(06-05-2012 09:10 PM)Kronke Wrote:  I didn't say anything about our availability of gear, I'm telling you that the Mondays after 63-28, 56-13, 73-14 type routs, that was te general vibe regarding UH from all the sports talk shows.

Moving to the BE will do nothing to make the idiotic Houston sport fan population respect UH anymore. We're already the worst fanbases. The Houston Texans playoff game I went to was a joke. People were screaming when the offense was on the field. Can't even respect our own team.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 09:13 PM by meangreener.)
06-05-2012 09:12 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(06-05-2012 08:51 PM)roundsound Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 08:40 PM)attackfrog Wrote:  

Don't bother unless you want to hear all the former C-USA fans talk about what a duma$$ Ware is. Some saying "Why wouldn't Houston move to the bE for 5X the TV money."

From what I gathered before I 03-puke is he thought Houston should have waited for a B-12 invite. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe he knows something the rest of us don't know about the bE's future or maybe he was spewing the ESPN line like his bosses told him to do.

I still havent been able to see it. But if thats the logic he knows better. We have no chance of getting into the Big-12 until Texas is gone. Besides, it looks like a bunch of ACC teams have now moved to the front of everybody else in the Big-12 candidate line. Unless the Big-12 is going to go to 24, I dont see us in thier plans anytime soon.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 09:16 PM by Attackcoog.)
06-05-2012 09:15 PM
roundsound Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTEP
I think Houston will be fine and I wish them the best. Seriously! It might take a couple of years to get used to the loss of Case and the promotion of Coach Levine to head man. They have a great tradition and hopefully a great future.
06-05-2012 09:22 PM
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

Donators

06-05-2012 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.