Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why does Rudy get blasted............
Bookmark and Share
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
Why does Rudy get blasted............
because he is overpaid? He did not demand that money. The Grizzlies overpaid him. Direct your anger at them, not Rudy. Rudy should not be expected to carry the team because he is the highest paid player. It doesn't make sense. The Grizzlies offered that money based on reports of what Rudy could expect on the open market. I don't think Rudy will ever be a superstar, but it's not his fault he makes that much money. What did you want him to do, say "I'm sorry. I'm not worth that much. Pay me less".

Some of you act like Rudy said he would walk if he wasn't paid. Not true. Complain about Heisley. He's the one that paid him.
02-13-2012 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgiatiger Offline
Axel

I Root For: Everyone
Donators
RE: Why does Rudy get blasted............
I don't think anyone is complaining about how much he's paid. They're complaining about the return on investment. Stop being a crybaby.
02-13-2012 12:34 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
For being one of the 20 finalists for the USA Olympic roster, I expect more consistency and a killer instict. Athletically, he's as skilled as darn near anyone.
02-13-2012 12:42 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-13-2012 12:34 PM)georgiatiger Wrote:  I don't think anyone is complaining about how much he's paid. They're complaining about the return on investment. Stop being a crybaby.

It still ain't his fault he's overpaid, or that he can't deliver the goods. Quit posting if you can't decipher the original message, or can't respond in an appropriate manner. Anyway, you're just a bandwagon fan. What do you know?
02-13-2012 12:44 PM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

Donators
(02-13-2012 12:44 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  
(02-13-2012 12:34 PM)georgiatiger Wrote:  I don't think anyone is complaining about how much he's paid. They're complaining about the return on investment. Stop being a crybaby.

It still ain't his fault he's overpaid, or that he can't deliver the goods. Quit posting if you can't decipher the original message, or can't respond in an appropriate manner. Anyway, you're just a bandwagon fan. What do you know?

Who said it was his fault?
02-13-2012 12:50 PM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-13-2012 12:50 PM)georgiatiger Wrote:  
(02-13-2012 12:44 PM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  

Who said it was his fault?

tmoneyinmphs

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Jazz @ GRIZZLIES (02/12/12)
Gordon hayward is guarding rudy gay. Post his azz up rudy. He can't guard you. It was there all night long, yet it wasn't taken advantage of except maybe twice. This is the f'ing nba. Winning matchups is the key. There is no way a guy who wants to be a star player lets gordon hayward guard him. Now don't get me wrong, hayward is a good player, but he just isn't strong enough to defend rudy in the post. Therefore, why not post him up all night long if he is trying to guard you. By not doing it, rudy is making it easier on hayward. A star player plays with attitude and doesn't let some skinny second year player come into his building and play him to a tie. Demand the dam ball on the post. That was the key of the game. Hayward actually outscored him with less shots.

Pathetic. A six year, $15 million player being played even by a 2nd year, $2.5 million player at home. Rudy was struggling to defend him. Smdh.

I blame the loss on rudy gay. Play like a star. Play like you deserve $15 million. Every night.

AND

Poolshrk111 Online

I Root For: Tigers
RE: Jazz @ GRIZZLIES (02/12/12)
I'm with you tmoney. Rudy is not worth the money we gave him. One night he's great the next night he's nonexistent. If you are making $15 million a year there should never be a game where you score 1 point.

I won't go find any others. It's too easy.
02-13-2012 01:03 PM
Advertisement

georgiatiger Offline
Axel

Donators
Well, I certainly don't believe it's his fault in any sense of the word. More power to him. However, with that kind of salary comes huge expectations from the fans and the team. His agent wanted star money. We expect star play. He knew what that contract was all about.
02-13-2012 01:12 PM
CUSA_NEWS Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Ligers
Rudy doesnt get near the calls he desrves... he gets HAMMERED and the refs just let it go. Durant, on the other hand, can fall on his own will and a foul will be called in his favor.
02-13-2012 01:20 PM
tigers311 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Truth
people will stop complaining when we start winning more... and that will happen when zbo is back
02-13-2012 01:26 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
There was a reason why Memphis did what they did without Rudy last year.

He is a really good scorer. Unfortunately those players are a dime a dozen in the NBA.
02-13-2012 02:11 PM
Poolshrk111 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers
It's painfully obvious how much better this team was last year with a '3' that fit and complemented ZBo/Gasol.

Sure, it's our fault we overpaid Rudy. It's not our fault that he doesn't bring it 100% of the time. If ZBo is close to returning I would offer Rudy to the Celtics for Paul Pierce. We'd get back a much better all around player (although he only has a few good years left) and we'd get rid of a horrendous contract.
02-13-2012 02:33 PM
Advertisement

jgardne Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
rudy's lack of defensive prowess is the main problem i feel. he's always been lackadaisical, it was the knock on him coming out of uconn
02-13-2012 03:22 PM
true_blue_thru_and_thru Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers
(02-13-2012 03:22 PM)jgardne Wrote:  rudy's lack of defensive prowess is the main problem i feel. he's always been lackadaisical, it was the knock on him coming out of uconn

Yep, with his size and athletic ability he should be able to lock down anybody that comes in front of him except maybe Durant.
02-13-2012 03:58 PM
Dire Wolf Offline
Banned

Rudy's game has weaknesses, which is why he's not a superstar. On the other hand, where would the Grizz be without him? He is a cog in the machine. Rudy is doing what he does.
02-13-2012 04:02 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(02-13-2012 04:02 PM)Dire Wolf Wrote:  Rudy's game has weaknesses, which is why he's not a superstar. On the other hand, where would the Grizz be without him? He is a cog in the machine. Rudy is doing what he does.

You put Allen at the 3 and OJ at the two, and OJ can score just as much as Rudy.

Then you just need bench production, which can be found in guys like Young, Poindexter, Speights and Pargo.
02-13-2012 05:09 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

I wasn't saying he was overpaid. I was using salaries to compare players and their production. What i'm saying is rudy has got to step it up if he wants to be known as a star player. Hayward could not guard him if rudy ever demanded the ball in the low post. One of two things would happen. Rudy would score or they would have to double him. It's that simple. Instead, rudy seemed satisfied to shooting from the outside. Then on the defensive end, he was lazy a few times running the floor while hayward wasn't being lazy, thus some fast break points including the dunk and 1.

I'm sorry, but there are a few stars today that play exactly like this. In the day of jordan, if 2nd year player hayward tried to defend him, jordan would take that as an insult. He would have destroyed hayward. Maybe rudy just isn't as highly competitive as a michael jordan. Or go to today's players, maybe rudy isn't as highly competitive as a kobe bryant or a derrick rose. Those two don't let inferior players guard them. They go on the attack.

And last night, when rudy didn't attack hayward from the start, hayward got into a groove. That could have been squashed early.
02-13-2012 06:38 PM
Advertisement

BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofM TIGERS!
I bet some of you posted in those threads hammering Rose, Tyreke and CDR. LOL

Rudy got what he deserved. Period.

Just to put your argument in some kind of perspective....

Rudy is 16th in the league in scoring.........

Only three SF's are ahead of him.....

Lebron 28ppg, 8rbs, 7ast, 54%fg, 36%3pt

Durant 27ppg, 8rbs, 3ast, 50%fg, 33% 3pt

and

Carmelo 22ppg, 6rbs, 4ast, 39%fg, 29% 3pt

Rudy 19ppg, 6.5rbs, 2ast, 45%fg, 36% 3pt
02-13-2012 09:36 PM
tmoneyinmphs Offline
Mt.org's DJ wannabe

(02-13-2012 09:36 PM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  I bet some of you posted in those threads hammering Rose, Tyreke and CDR. LOL

I'll assume from that part that you are not talking to me.
02-13-2012 09:55 PM
georgiatiger Offline
Axel

Donators
(02-13-2012 09:36 PM)BIGGESTTIGERJLB Wrote:  I bet some of you posted in those threads hammering Rose, Tyreke and CDR. LOL

and

STFU. Rudy needs to carry the Grizzlies right now. I don't care what the other goons are doing for their team. This is a professional sports team presented to a city with the hope they will pay their hard earned money to watch them. That's what pro sports are all about. Dollas. What we get for those hard earned dollas is the right to critique them. The fact that some of us don't know what we're talking about is irrelevant.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2012 09:57 PM by georgiatiger.)
02-13-2012 09:57 PM
BIGGESTTIGERJLB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofM TIGERS!
(02-13-2012 09:57 PM)georgiatiger Wrote:  

and

STFU. Rudy needs to carry the Grizzlies right now. I don't care what the other goons are doing for their team. This is a professional sports team presented to a city with the hope they will pay their hard earned money to watch them. That's what pro sports are all about. Dollas. What we get for those hard earned dollas is the right to critique them. The fact that some of us don't know what we're talking about is irrelevant.

At least you understand . LOL
02-13-2012 09:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.