UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting comment from Davis tonight.
BandGrad Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
Interesting comment from Davis tonight.
During the call in show, a caller asked about the recruiting situation. Davis replied (and I am paraphrasing) that everything would be ok and we will get who we are going after and Blazer fans will be very happy. I wish more information was out there about this and I know things have gotten really hushed up about a certain recruit from the Mobile area, but does anyone have any REAL information concerning this??? Not trying to bring up a ton of crap, just VERY curious!
01-05-2009 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB_Trek Offline
The Ultimate Frontier

I Root For: Da Blazers
RE: Interesting comment from Davis tonight.
For me, I will be waiting until signing day. CMD has got to prove that he will attract the "right" sort of student-athlete.

CMD can talk all he wants.
01-05-2009 10:52 PM
STLouis Blazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
While I would like to get some players that go on to the NBA, I will be equally excited for us to get players that show up in those "I'm going pro in something other than sports" commercials (they show athletes becoming doctors, scientists, etc).
01-05-2009 10:55 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Exclamation RE: Interesting comment from Davis tonight.
He also said he wanted early signees so that national media would be talking about UAB and their recruiting. Well, one out of two ain't bad (or is it?).

The longer it takes to get signatures(late signing period) the more likely someone else will swoop in and sway them with their facilities ( & $). Witness Memphis supposedly offering Bledsoe, Cousins, and Mitchell. I'll just wait until then and hope for the best. There seems to be a lot of potential with or without a certain player who shall remain nameless.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2009 10:58 PM by WesternBlazer.)
01-05-2009 10:57 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-05-2009 10:46 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  During the call in show, a caller asked about the recruiting situation. Davis replied (and I am paraphrasing) that everything would be ok and we will get who we are going after and Blazer fans will be very happy. I wish more information was out there about this and I know things have gotten really hushed up about a certain recruit from the Mobile area, but does anyone have any REAL information concerning this??? Not trying to bring up a ton of crap, just VERY curious!

Cousins is not coming to UAB. It's hushed up because it is a nonfactor.
I am almost convinced that the only thing being signed come signing day will be Davis's severance package. And he will leave and we will have nothing in terms of recruits.
01-05-2009 11:18 PM
iam4uab Offline
All American

[Image: eeyore_cloud.gif]
01-06-2009 12:35 AM
Advertisement

BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
And while we are on the subject; Does anyone have Matt Zimmerman's phone number?
01-06-2009 12:49 AM
uabbean Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I am curious - I have no information on Davis leaving and I think I would be opposed at the moment. However - a question, would a severance package be necessary for Davis? Most coaches have a NCAA santions clause where you get nothing if NCAA violations. Does UAB clause apply to the APR santions that we are going to be hit with?

(01-05-2009 11:18 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(01-05-2009 10:46 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  During the call in show, a caller asked about the recruiting situation. ...
I am almost convinced that the only thing being signed come signing day will be Davis's severance package. And he will leave and we will have nothing in terms of recruits.
01-06-2009 07:48 AM
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
Too early to talk of any severance stuff. There is still plenty of playing and recruiting season ahead, and this year is far from lost.
01-06-2009 11:16 AM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-06-2009 11:16 AM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  Too early to talk of any severance stuff. There is still plenty of playing and recruiting season ahead, and this year is far from lost.

+1
01-06-2009 11:18 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
There is no evedince that UAB will be letting Davis go at the end of the year and from my face to face conversation with our AD he did not indicate that UAB was going in that direction. In fact he indicated a commitment to Davis. The question is Davis's commitment to UAB.

Who knows? I plan on enjoying the season and letting the chips fall where they may.

I think in the end barring something unforseen, if Davis wants to be at UAB next season he will be here. If not, I am sure our AD already has a list of candidates.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2009 11:50 AM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
01-06-2009 11:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(01-06-2009 11:38 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  There is no evedince that UAB will be letting Davis go at the end of the year and from my face to face conversation with our AD he did not indicate that UAB was going in that direction. In fact he indicated a commitment to Davis. The question is Davis's commitment to UAB.

Do you really think Maclin would tell you first that he was going to fire Davis at the end of the season.

Obviously a decision will not been made, but if they are leaning that direction, I would hope they have someone set up to take over immediately so recruiting does not suffer. We don't have time for a long drawn out coaching search.
01-06-2009 11:49 AM
BlazerDAD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
We're going to need some help and fast.

Johnson, Milsap, Moore, Crawford, and Jones isn't much a foundation to build on.

Oh wait Mayfield could return for his senior season to round out the starting five.
01-06-2009 11:53 AM
UABFRENCHY Online
Heisman

Donators
(01-06-2009 11:49 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(01-06-2009 11:38 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  There is no evedince that UAB will be letting Davis go at the end of the year and from my face to face conversation with our AD he did not indicate that UAB was going in that direction. In fact he indicated a commitment to Davis. The question is Davis's commitment to UAB.

Do you really think Maclin would tell you first that he was going to fire Davis at the end of the season.

Obviously a decision will not been made, but if they are leaning that direction, I would hope they have someone set up to take over immediately so recruiting does not suffer. We don't have time for a long drawn out coaching search.

just look at the UAB coaching bench , we got 2 candidates right there
01-06-2009 12:06 PM
Blazing Saddles Offline
All American

A rare triple post by Memphis Blazer. Must be some weird stuff happening with the server.
01-06-2009 12:17 PM
blazertechgrad Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: uab
(01-06-2009 12:17 PM)Blazing Saddles Wrote:  A rare triple post by Memphis Blazer. Must be some weird stuff happening with the server.

Yep. Every other click i am getting a sql error
01-06-2009 12:24 PM
Advertisement

BlazerRod Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB! UAB! UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Yeah it is some weird stuff going on. I went back and deleted two of the same post by doing a full edit. You just have to hit the back button once you hit delete now because it will not confirm the deletion.
01-06-2009 12:29 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(01-06-2009 12:06 PM)UABFRENCHY Wrote:  
(01-06-2009 11:49 AM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  

just look at the UAB coaching bench , we got 2 candidates right there

I will break down and cry if Richard Williams ever becomes a coach at UAB. And I think that if Davis leaves under a cloud, Marsh will either be loyal to Davis or leave under the same cloud.

And I doubt that you were talking about Flanagan or May.
01-06-2009 12:40 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Who knows? I plan on enjoying the season and letting the chips fall where they may.

I think in the end barring something unforseen, if Davis wants to be at UAB next season he will be here. If not, I am sure our AD already has a list of candidates.

The dreaded vote of confidence?
01-06-2009 02:00 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
While any coach may choose to exit at any time, just like one of his players, I do not see at this time any reason to EXPECT any changes in the UAB BB coaching staff this year. Of course, if Davis should coach this diminished team into the "Sweet 16" and "Elite 8", he could get offers from teams we can't hope to match. Barring that unlikely event, I don't see Davis being swamped with "offers he can't refuse" or UAB feeling it can do substantially better with another coach. I expect UAB will see if Davis can recruit and sign the kind of players we need to become nationally respected in BB competition, and Coach Davis will stick around to see if he can finish what he started with predictions of highly regarded recruiting classes and improved performances on the court in the 2009-2010 season.
01-06-2009 02:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.