Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

warm ups
Bookmark and Share
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
warm ups
This is not smack but it is a complaint so I shall put it here. It's not a very important complaint and I am only making it because I am bored. This gripe, if you want to call it that, is not exclusive to the A-sun but has coursed its way throughout the NCAA. I speak of warm ups. Now that you've had time to recover from your chuckle, why is it that teams don't wear pants anymore? Just a warm up shirt over their jersey. Yes I do realize this seems like a ridiculous complaint, but it seems like the teams are somewhat less official without the complete warm up suit compared to the teams of countless years before. The warm ups only consisting of a shirt feels amateurish to me. Picky? Yes. But I do miss the pageantry and glory that used to proceed the games themselves.
07-24-2007 11:00 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
RE: warm ups
You make a good point. The single over shirt doesn't bother me, but a full outfit would be pretty nice.
07-25-2007 01:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
Great topic to think about ...... if you are a female. Seriously, did you just create a post topic asking about whether teams should wear long pants while they are warming up? Really?

Would you like to comment on any other fashion items while you are at it? Perhaps player's hair styles or grooming habits?

LOL
07-25-2007 08:35 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators
I think gold shows his age more than he knows.
07-25-2007 08:59 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I think a lot of the ETSU fans on this forum are older... makes things interesting. Nick do you not remember how old the fan base was when they all came down last season? It looked like we were visiting the nursing home.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2007 09:33 PM by kr983.)
07-25-2007 09:32 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Especially that busload of fraternity brothers... Most of the fans on here aren't that old at all, but ultimately, we have fans.
ALso, I think some schools do still use the full warmup. I'm almost positive that Indiana does, to the point of going with the old school button down, collared top with candy cane, tapered warm up pants.
It's probably a preference of the coach and players as to what they have.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2007 01:05 AM by Buccaneerlover.)
07-26-2007 01:03 AM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Warm ups or tshirts, it really doesn't matter. Whatever the athletes want to wear I would assume.

[Image: johnson.jpg]
07-26-2007 07:59 AM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
"Busload"- maybe a van.
07-26-2007 09:19 AM
OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell
The only school that still has the warm-up pants that I can think of is Indiana (as Buclover already mentioned). IU needs to keep those striped pants for the sake of tradition.

What irks me about warm-ups is not the attire, but some of the antics of visiting teams (which might very well include Campbell when they're on the road...I don't know). How do you all feel about dunking in warm-ups? Especially the visiting team? That wasn't done a few yrs ago. I also hate that crap with the team circle and the swaying and chanting. I'm sure there's a name for that but I don't know it.

Also, I find myself watching how teams act during the natl anthem (I know, I should be looking at the flag, instead). Players should already be warmed-up and shouldn't have to sway and shift weight for that minute or so. The worst display I've ever witnessed was Central Connecticut State when they visited Campbell back in the mid 80s....talking and horseplay during the anthem. (Yeah, I'm aging myself.)

OK, I feel better now.
07-26-2007 11:42 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Dunking during warm ups does seem excessive. Bricking a dunk during warm ups is priceless... i seen it!

The swaying huddle doesn't bother me... just part of getting pumped up.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2007 12:02 PM by Nick M.)
07-26-2007 12:02 PM
MercerFan Offline
Orange & Black

I Root For: The Bears

Donators
Touching the rim in warm ups is still a technical isn't it?
07-26-2007 01:26 PM
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
MercerFan Wrote:Touching the rim in warm ups is still a technical isn't it?

I thought so too. I always like to watch the opposing team's pre-game layups and other drills to get a feel for their athleticism. Granted this isn't a very good measue of athleticism, it is sometimes evident the guys that can jump through the roof.

I don't mind teams swaying or any other version of pre-game routine, in fact, I like the different versions that teams come up with. In terms of pre-game drills, I am kinda partial to teams that show some discipline by doing various structured passing, dribbling, or defensive drills as opposed to sort of willy-nilly hanging out.

I too definitely draw the line during the National Anthem. I've been overall pleased with the teams in the ASUN, though I have seen teams in the past that were completely disrespectful and seemingly unchecked by the coach.
07-26-2007 01:39 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Maybe, not familiar with that rule, however if he's just wearing a tshirt then it's got to be ok.
07-26-2007 01:40 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Kennesaw kids,

Actually I'm in my twenties, I just possess an air of class and an appreciation for showmanship that distressingly escapes this current climate of culture without substance. I enjoy all things glorious and dislike all things inglorious. I also like and dislike things that pose as inglorious but that are glorious and vice-versa.

KennesawBasketball Wrote:Great topic to think about ...... if you are a female. Seriously, did you just create a post topic asking about whether teams should wear long pants while they are warming up? Really?

Would you like to comment on any other fashion items while you are at it? Perhaps player's hair styles or grooming habits?

LOL

Kennesaw,
I knew you would not be able to resist this chance to trumpet your infantile wit and demonstrate to us all that you are incapable of appreciating the glories, the intricacies, and the pageantry of battle. You seem to be right in line with those who denied Patton his designs for tank crewman's battle wear. Perhaps you would of been against the decision to design Washington D.C. in a way that would intimidate foreign dignitaries. I wonder, would you have also been against ancient warriors wearing war paint into battle?

OrangeCamel,

I agree with you dunking should be off limits during warm-ups. It should be a time that is reserved for focus and discipline. I don't see a problem with the swaying and chanting. I preferred the national anthem to be between the first warm up period and the second, like it used to be. I've never witnessed the swaying and shifting around during a national anthem but if I were to see such a thing I would no doubt have a strong dislike for it.
07-26-2007 01:54 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Using a vocabulary that makes you seem 70-year-old talking to other elders as a 20-something, makes you a pompous prick.
07-26-2007 02:22 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Translation: I refuse to lower myself to the standards of the seemingly endless supply of mental midgets that surround me.
07-26-2007 02:33 PM
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
If you feel that strongly about it, then go away.
07-26-2007 02:44 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
There are plenty of good people here, and I'd get along just fine with you Kennesaw fans if you'd just deal in reality, and stop presenting yourselves as the second coming of Christ.
07-26-2007 02:51 PM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
If Christ had to choose, he'd choose Kennesaw.

lol
07-26-2007 02:55 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
And thus....We shall remain as we are.
07-26-2007 03:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.