Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who does the ACC take from the AAC
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Who does the ACC take from the AAC
When FSU etc leave the ACC, who does the ACC backfill with?

Sources:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...atform=amp

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...-says/amp/

AAC Relevance:
https://athlonsports.com/college-footbal...candidates

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football/...conference

It appears that the ACC has spoke with SMU in the past already.
08-04-2023 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: Who does the ACC take from the AAC
florida state has no where to go... them complaining doesnt mean anything
08-04-2023 12:21 PM
Stickboy46 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
Oregon and Washington are going to the B1G on a partial share. FSU would likely get a partial share also. The only way it makes financial sense to move to the B1G is with a full share to cover the insane exit fee. They aren't moving anytime soon.
08-04-2023 12:24 PM
Thewavefan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
Tulane fits the model of the ACC with a top notch academics plus we have the market and a history of athletic success. The ACC values academics above all else which makes sense.
08-04-2023 12:35 PM
Titans3775 Offline
All American

I Root For: Nuclear Power
(08-04-2023 12:35 PM)Thewavefan Wrote:  Tulane fits the model of the ACC with a top notch academics plus we have the market and a history of athletic success. The ACC values academics above all else which makes sense.

Tulane is a nobody in realignment. One good year of football doesn't make you into Ohio State.
08-04-2023 12:44 PM
Owls9878 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
Tulsa and UTSA
08-04-2023 12:47 PM
Advertisement

Side.Show.Joe Offline
All American

I Root For: North Texas
This looks a lot like the PAC discussions right after it leaked that USC & UCLA were leaving for the B1G. Now, look at that situation....

Maybe we need to wait and see how the dominos falls before we declare programs are in.
08-04-2023 01:14 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
We're all going to find out what the value of a former P5 name is very shortly.
08-04-2023 01:15 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(08-04-2023 12:35 PM)Thewavefan Wrote:  Tulane fits the model of the ACC with a top notch academics plus we have the market and a history of athletic success. The ACC values academics above all else which makes sense.

clt says they let in louisville and unc CHeat had the largest academic fraud in NCAA history
08-04-2023 01:58 PM
PuddlePirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: inorganic groceries
(08-04-2023 01:58 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  

clt says they let in louisville and unc CHeat had the largest academic fraud in NCAA history

And yet UNC keeps up the charade that they are a public ivy. Maybe poison ivy
08-04-2023 02:03 PM
RockyMTNTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Best outcome would be the PAC left behinds putting together a Best of the Rest league under the P5 banner. Even better if the tally of G5s included in such a league totals 8 or more and stretches from coast to coast. Thereafter - if any of the PAC left behinds find new homes then said Best of the Rest adds next best Best of the Rest to continue to continue on. Have to think that just such a notable rag tag, Frankenstein type conference would produce more eyeballs and gather more money and oohs and ahhhs by greedy self serving media moguls than said included rag tag G5s are pocketing now. Plus such a Frankenstein conference of killer Best of the Rest G5s as an established league would doubtlessly once, and forever more, wear the mantle of Top of the Heap of any not named G2 and G3s . Meaning that playoff dollars would just roll right in. Now, to be sure, odds of that happening are probably better than they were just a couple of weeks ago - but still....not all that likely. Still...all of this has jaded me on college sports and this is sort of my Retreat to High Ground formula if not a Custer's Last Stand thingy. We'll see I suppose.
08-04-2023 02:11 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(08-04-2023 02:11 PM)RockyMTNTiger Wrote:  Best outcome would be the PAC left behinds putting together a Best of the Rest league under the P5 banner. Even better if the tally of G5s included in such a league totals 8 or more and stretches from coast to coast. Thereafter - if any of the PAC left behinds find new homes then said Best of the Rest adds next best Best of the Rest to continue to continue on. Have to think that just such a notable rag tag, Frankenstein type conference would produce more eyeballs and gather more money and oohs and ahhhs by greedy self serving media moguls than said included rag tag G5s are pocketing now. Plus such a Frankenstein conference of killer Best of the Rest G5s as an established league would doubtlessly once, and forever more, wear the mantle of Top of the Heap of any not named G2 and G3s . Meaning that playoff dollars would just roll right in. Now, to be sure, odds of that happening are probably better than they were just a couple of weeks ago - but still....not all that likely. Still...all of this has jaded me on college sports and this is sort of my Retreat to High Ground formula if not a Custer's Last Stand thingy. We'll see I suppose.

this is the obvious move the issue is the exit fees... 34 mil for the mwc, about ~30 for the aac (~about 20mil if they can stall the aac invites till 2025)..

tthe best of the rest will be the most profitable in tv revenue but it might be 1 or 2 mill more than the current aac deal, that might not be worth 34mil exit fees
08-04-2023 02:17 PM
49ShadesOfGreen Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
I think the ACC calls UCONN if FSU finds a way out, but ESPN isn't going to let the SEC scoop them so it will have to be the B1G which just jumped to 16 with Oregon and Washington. I think FSU knows their stuck and is just trying to get more money.
08-04-2023 02:20 PM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

(08-04-2023 01:58 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  

Damn, 04-cheers
08-04-2023 04:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
The only AAC team with any chance to go anywhere is Tulane.
08-04-2023 05:20 PM
JxGx78 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
Seems like the question should be who in the ACC is going to get left out when the GOR ends. We are just starting to see consolidation on linear/streaming front and that is going to result in programs being relegated to G5 status, not programs called up to M3(2?) status.
08-04-2023 05:46 PM
Advertisement

cscottl1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Word on the street is the ACC is really excited about the possibility of having UTSA Bb.
08-04-2023 05:53 PM
surrealpirate Offline
2nd String

(08-04-2023 02:20 PM)49ShadesOfGreen Wrote:  I think the ACC calls UCONN if FSU finds a way out, but ESPN isn't going to let the SEC scoop them so it will have to be the B1G which just jumped to 16 with Oregon and Washington. I think FSU knows their stuck and is just trying to get more money.

The BIG will be at 18 and I can't see the ACC taking UCONN. If they lose FSU, it makes sense to replace them with another FL school. I think USF gets the call up.
08-04-2023 05:59 PM
PirateJP Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU; Charlotte
They skip over the AAC entirely and grab Sam Houston St and UTRGV.
08-04-2023 06:00 PM
Ourland Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Rice Owls
The lesser ACC schools will end up paying the better schools to stay. The money will be distributed in equally, and they keep their conference, and sign a new GOR. If the top four schools don't like it, then the others keep them tied to the current contract for its duration.

The ACC needs to work this out now. The longer it drags out, the more resentful and callous they all become, and there's a nasty breakup.
08-04-2023 06:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.