Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Trump admits he cannot declassify documents using his big beautiful brain waves
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Trump admits he cannot declassify documents using his big beautiful brain waves
Trump is heard on tape admitting he took classified documents which remain classified .... so he can't share that information he says. Admits he can no longer declassify because he's not president. The recording picks up the sounds of rustling papers. Possibly classified documents he waving around. This isn't going well for the stable genius LOL

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65775163
06-01-2023 08:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

RE: Trump admits he cannot declassify documents using his big beautiful brain waves
All presidents take them. They are allowed to.
06-01-2023 08:34 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Trump admits he cannot declassify documents using his big beautiful brain waves
(06-01-2023 08:34 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  All presidents take them. They are allowed to.

Classified information must stay in a SCIF. You can't take them unless you have a SCIF. Prosecute all these Presidents who have done this and/or their staff that broke the law. That simple.

Trump, Biden, Obama, Hillary, W., I don't care.
06-01-2023 08:38 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(06-01-2023 08:38 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(06-01-2023 08:34 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  All presidents take them. They are allowed to.

Classified information must stay in a SCIF. You can't take them unless you have a SCIF. Prosecute all these Presidents who have done this and/or their staff that broke the law. That simple.

I'd be fine with that, as long as the prosecution is not driven by politics... which is a very serious question. Put the same energy into prosecuting 'your guy' as into 'theirs'

Of course I don't mean YOU mlb
06-01-2023 08:46 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom

Does that include Biden*'s garage?
06-01-2023 08:50 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(06-01-2023 08:50 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Is he on the list?
06-01-2023 08:51 AM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(06-01-2023 08:51 AM)mlb Wrote:  
(06-01-2023 08:50 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Is he on the list?

01-ncaabbs
06-01-2023 08:52 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
We’ve always treated politicians differently with respect to classified information. If a person gets elected to Congress and put on the intel committee, we sort of look the other way when he/she engages in conduct that would cause a clearance to be pulled. Here’s looking at you, Swallwell. Also we don’t make them go through the same orientation that we make military and civil service folks go through. So the lines have always been kind of blurry.

Whatever they do to Trump, need to do the same for Obama and Biden and Hillary and GWB. And we need a bright line law going forward.
06-01-2023 09:18 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

Two out of three Americans now believe Trump committed criminal acts. Pretty amazing when the likely Republican nominee is viewed as a criminal by 2/3s of the population. I guess that hardcore 33% that are pro Trump no matter what, no matter what he says no matter what he does, no matter how despicable of a person he continues to be, make up the rest.

https://navigatorresearch.org/two-in-thr...d-a-crime/
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2023 09:20 AM by TIGERCITY.)
06-01-2023 09:19 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

Oh my gosh are you serious? Do you seriously believe that claptrap? You're dumber than everyone says you are.
06-01-2023 09:20 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

Classified information must stay in a SCIF.

For people who are NOT president. Presidents and ex-presidents can take whatever they want for their records. If the government believe it needs to be in a scif, they are to furnish a scif.

Thats the way its always worked, right up until Trump, when they decided to start raiding.
06-01-2023 09:26 AM
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(06-01-2023 09:26 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Classified information must stay in a SCIF.

For people who are NOT president. Presidents and ex-presidents can take whatever they want for their records. If the government believe it needs to be in a scif, they are to furnish a scif.

Thats the way its always worked, right up until Trump, when they decided to start raiding.

They do. At a Presidential records library. Until then, the classified records stay in an existing SCIF. Obama's classified records stayed in DC until his library was completed in Chicago.

So far, from what I can tell, the people who have been over the top are Trump, Biden, and Hillary (because of her classified emails).
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2023 09:29 AM by mlb.)
06-01-2023 09:29 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(06-01-2023 08:23 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Trump is heard on tape admitting he took classified documents which remain classified .... so he can't share that information he says. Admits he can no longer declassify because he's not president. The recording picks up the sounds of rustling papers. Possibly classified documents he waving around. This isn't going well for the stable genius LOL

Wow. Common sense is a lost asset. Yes, now that he is no longer president, he also can no longer sign acts of congress into law. Does this mean acts of law that were signed when he was president are no longer law? No folks, I’m afraid it doesn’t work that way. Democrats seem to struggle with basic common sense.
06-01-2023 09:42 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!

Don't feed the local dishonest 03-troll

He cannot be this stupid..........
06-01-2023 09:48 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(06-01-2023 09:42 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(06-01-2023 08:23 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Trump is heard on tape admitting he took classified documents which remain classified .... so he can't share that information he says. Admits he can no longer declassify because he's not president. The recording picks up the sounds of rustling papers. Possibly classified documents he waving around. This isn't going well for the stable genius LOL

Wow. Common sense is a lost asset. Yes, now that he is no longer president, he also can no longer sign acts of congress into law. Does this mean acts of law that were signed when he was president are no longer law? No folks, I’m afraid it doesn’t work that way. Democrats seem to struggle with basic common sense.

That analogy is wafer thin...and isn't even remotely common sense.
06-01-2023 09:51 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Then, the GSA shouldn't have packed all of those classified documents and sent them to M-A-L.
06-01-2023 09:53 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

And we've covered this many times before. The issue isn't that trump just took them...either intentionally or not. The issue is the likely obstruction and likely deceit that has taken place when it was made known that he took stuff he was not entitled too. These are most likely criminal acts that can and should be prosecuted.

At this point, the stuff found with Biden...and with Pence...has not been shown to have been intentionally taken and intentionally hidden from the archives. So at best, they get a slap on the wrist. Of course that is subject to change if more evidence comes to light, but initially, there situations aren't even remotely similar to trump.

If trump actually cooperated from the jump and just returned EVERYTHING, nothing would have come from it, nor should it have, IMO.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2023 09:58 AM by Redwingtom.)
06-01-2023 09:56 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(06-01-2023 09:53 AM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Then, the GSA shouldn't have packed all of those classified documents and sent them to M-A-L.

trump can certainly make that case in his trial. Good luck with that...especially since he just didn't return everything when first asked...which would have been the normal course of action if it was just a packing error by the GSA and not at the direction of trump or his minions.
06-01-2023 09:59 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(06-01-2023 09:51 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(06-01-2023 09:42 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

That analogy is wafer thin...and isn't even remotely common sense.

Trump admitted that as an ex-president—-he can no longer declassify documents. What’s wafer thin is to pretend that admission of the obvious extends to his time as president. Jeez......talk about making my case for a lack of common sense among Democrats.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2023 10:01 AM by Attackcoog.)
06-01-2023 09:59 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
So the tape that someone anonymously says exists that nobody but this person has heard.. Kinda like a pee tape?
06-01-2023 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.