WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure
Broncos83 Online
All American

I Root For: WMU
Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure
Just taking a look at the recent Bronco Athletic Fund mailing I received. The mailer features a photo of a few Bronco athletes. 1 of which (Andre Carter) transferred to Indiana and another (Markese Hastings) that entered the BB transfer portal today. Kinda tough to annually ask for funds when a significant chunk of the athletes you’re being asked to support are constantly moving on. Tough sell…certainly don’t feel like contributing at the moment. I’ve given annually for over 40 years but kinda sick of “investing” in these young athletes during their formative years and then seeing some other school reap the benefits once they’ve developed. Maybe if we started doing better on the “transfer in” end of things I’d feel better about the entire process.
03-18-2023 05:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nacho Offline
Heisman

RE: Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure
But how were the colors and branding on the brochure?
03-18-2023 06:31 PM
Broncos83 Online
All American

(03-18-2023 06:31 PM)Nacho Wrote:  But how were the colors and branding on the brochure?

Oh…they were just spectacular! Just glad that’s where our focus is at. Could’ve sunk the money we wasted on the rebrand into the NIL fund and maybe kept a few key guys from moving on.
03-18-2023 06:57 PM
Advertisement

MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(03-18-2023 06:57 PM)Broncos83 Wrote:  Could’ve sunk the money we wasted on the rebrand into the NIL fund and maybe kept a few key guys from moving on.

The university cannot pay the athletes. NIL money has to come from outside sources.
03-19-2023 06:04 AM
Brownandgoldlaker Offline
1st String

I Root For: westernmichigan
(03-18-2023 05:26 PM)Broncos83 Wrote:  Just taking a look at the recent Bronco Athletic Fund mailing I received. The mailer features a photo of a few Bronco athletes. 1 of which (Andre Carter) transferred to Indiana and another (Markese Hastings) that entered the BB transfer portal today. Kinda tough to annually ask for funds when a significant chunk of the athletes you’re being asked to support are constantly moving on. Tough sell…certainly don’t feel like contributing at the moment. I’ve given annually for over 40 years but kinda sick of “investing” in these young athletes during their formative years and then seeing some other school reap the benefits once they’ve developed. Maybe if we started doing better on the “transfer in” end of things I’d feel better about the entire process.

Just one more example of incompetence, lets add it to the long list. The University should NEVER use current/active players in print for the obvious reasons. WMU should be using a recent graduate, preferable a player who was a good example of what WMU wants to see in the class room, community and in competition. In a digital format, different story as you can quickly take it down and replace it with something different.

How many more mistakes does this group have to make before they are held accountable? In the private sector these mistakes would never be happening and if they did, you would see changes.
03-19-2023 08:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.