CSNbbs
Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Western Michigan (/forum-469.html)
+----- Thread: Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure (/thread-967402.html)

Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure - Broncos83 - 03-18-2023 05:26 PM

Just taking a look at the recent Bronco Athletic Fund mailing I received. The mailer features a photo of a few Bronco athletes. 1 of which (Andre Carter) transferred to Indiana and another (Markese Hastings) that entered the BB transfer portal today. Kinda tough to annually ask for funds when a significant chunk of the athletes you’re being asked to support are constantly moving on. Tough sell…certainly don’t feel like contributing at the moment. I’ve given annually for over 40 years but kinda sick of “investing” in these young athletes during their formative years and then seeing some other school reap the benefits once they’ve developed. Maybe if we started doing better on the “transfer in” end of things I’d feel better about the entire process.

RE: Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure - Nacho - 03-18-2023 06:31 PM

But how were the colors and branding on the brochure?

RE: Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure - Broncos83 - 03-18-2023 06:57 PM

(03-18-2023 06:31 PM)Nacho Wrote:  But how were the colors and branding on the brochure?

Oh…they were just spectacular! Just glad that’s where our focus is at. Could’ve sunk the money we wasted on the rebrand into the NIL fund and maybe kept a few key guys from moving on.

RE: Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure - MajorHoople - 03-19-2023 06:04 AM

(03-18-2023 06:57 PM)Broncos83 Wrote:  Could’ve sunk the money we wasted on the rebrand into the NIL fund and maybe kept a few key guys from moving on.

The university cannot pay the athletes. NIL money has to come from outside sources.

RE: Bronco Athletic Fund Brochure - Brownandgoldlaker - 03-19-2023 08:30 AM

(03-18-2023 05:26 PM)Broncos83 Wrote:  Just taking a look at the recent Bronco Athletic Fund mailing I received. The mailer features a photo of a few Bronco athletes. 1 of which (Andre Carter) transferred to Indiana and another (Markese Hastings) that entered the BB transfer portal today. Kinda tough to annually ask for funds when a significant chunk of the athletes you’re being asked to support are constantly moving on. Tough sell…certainly don’t feel like contributing at the moment. I’ve given annually for over 40 years but kinda sick of “investing” in these young athletes during their formative years and then seeing some other school reap the benefits once they’ve developed. Maybe if we started doing better on the “transfer in” end of things I’d feel better about the entire process.

Just one more example of incompetence, lets add it to the long list. The University should NEVER use current/active players in print for the obvious reasons. WMU should be using a recent graduate, preferable a player who was a good example of what WMU wants to see in the class room, community and in competition. In a digital format, different story as you can quickly take it down and replace it with something different.

How many more mistakes does this group have to make before they are held accountable? In the private sector these mistakes would never be happening and if they did, you would see changes.