Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TCU to the ACC
7thHeaven Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UofL
TCU to the ACC
Has the opportunity passed the ACC by or will the ACC Network try to add Dallas?
12-31-2022 08:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
RE: TCU to the ACC
SEC bound?
12-31-2022 08:55 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
TCU to the ACC
They asked last year and y’all passed
12-31-2022 09:03 PM
Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

(12-31-2022 09:03 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  They asked last year and y’all passed

Curses! I knew we shoulda been the Gulf of Mexico Conference.
12-31-2022 09:06 PM
AeroWolf Online
2nd String

I Root For: NC State
TCU is good, but they are just so small.

Could they be the Anti-BC? Be good at football, but actually deliver their market, and a solid fanbase.

And who is their main rival that you would want to snag as their traveling partner? SMU, Baylor?
12-31-2022 09:13 PM
random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
(12-31-2022 09:03 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  They asked last year and y’all passed

Yeah, the ACC had a chance to add TCU, Ok State, WVU, Cincy, Houston, or whoever last year. Phillips blew it. For some reason, he was foolishly doubling down on ND. I don’t know whether he did any due diligence on any B12 teams.
12-31-2022 09:24 PM
Advertisement

7thHeaven Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UofL
I would bring TCU and which ever school brings the most tv money. Oklahoma State, Houston, SMU, Baylor, Texas Tech, WV?
12-31-2022 09:24 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
TCU makes a great addition to the ACC.

Their location in the DFW metro is the dead center of the new market the ACC needs to try and reach.

Adding TCU as the 15th is like any other vaccine you might take. Low risk and high reward if you get sick.

Then if the ACC and the SEC mergers, TCU is already there. If the ACC and SEC swap a school, TCU is there for swap material.

There are about 30 million people in Texas. Just the ACCN alone would worth the addition.

At 15 schools the ACC can maintain a unbalanced schedule or go to 3 divisions of 5 for football producing three champions and a wild card depending on what makes the most money.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 10:24 AM by SouthernConfBoy.)
01-01-2023 10:18 AM
Garrettabc Offline
Heisman

Why would TCU ever leave the Big12 for the ACC? If the ACC absolutely must get into Texas, SMU and Rice is about the most realistic options, but they still have some self work to do to even be considered. I’d check back again in about 2030.
01-01-2023 11:09 AM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
TCU to the ACC
(01-01-2023 11:09 AM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Why would TCU ever leave the Big12 for the ACC? If the ACC absolutely must get into Texas, SMU and Rice is about the most realistic options, but they still have some self work to do to even be considered. I’d check back again in about 2030.

Gives us five years in the PAC12, works for me.
01-01-2023 11:18 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Exclamation RE: TCU to the ACC
I've been a proponent of adding TCU and WVU, possibly along with Cincinnati and either Baylor (or Houston and/or Oklahoma State), for years. I can't tell you how many times I was told it was a bad idea. Now that options are dwindling, all of a sudden it's a great idea! It was always a great idea - it just might be too late now.
01-01-2023 11:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(01-01-2023 11:09 AM)Garrettabc Wrote:  Why would TCU ever leave the Big12 for the ACC? If the ACC absolutely must get into Texas, SMU and Rice is about the most realistic options, but they still have some self work to do to even be considered. I’d check back again in about 2030.

Over the last decade or so the Big 12 has lost -

Nebraska
Colorado
Mizzou
TAMU
OU
Texas

I would venture to say that is not the most stable situation.

If I were TCU and wanted to feel that the B12 was stable, I would want to know if 3 of the 4C's are leaving the P10.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 11:29 AM by SouthernConfBoy.)
01-01-2023 11:27 AM
XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(01-01-2023 11:23 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I've been a proponent of adding TCU and WVU, possibly along with Cincinnati and either Baylor (or Houston and/or Oklahoma State), for years. I can't tell you how many times I was told it was a bad idea. Now that options are dwindling, all of a sudden it's a great idea! It was always a great idea - it just might be too late now.

The option may have never presented itself.
Perhaps ESPN wants to keep the 12 schools of the New Big 12 together. After all they are getting lots of football inventory.....cheap.
FOX and ESPN have already decided on the split of the Big 12 (ESPN gets more football, FOX gets more basketball. Both share in the media payouts to the conference. Both networks are getting fill-in content at half price.

If that is the case the ACC's expansion candidates are very limited (assuming the ACC can not rescue any team from the SEC or the B1G).
01-01-2023 11:30 AM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(01-01-2023 11:23 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I've been a proponent of adding TCU and WVU, possibly along with Cincinnati and either Baylor (or Houston and/or Oklahoma State), for years. I can't tell you how many times I was told it was a bad idea. Now that options are dwindling, all of a sudden it's a great idea! It was always a great idea - it just might be too late now.

TCU adds to the ACC.

WVa adds next to nothing if not subtracting from the ACC.

Let's just add the school that we know will not cause rancor and cause us to not make money off the deal.
01-01-2023 11:33 AM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(01-01-2023 11:33 AM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  

TCU adds to the ACC.

Let's just add the school that we know will not cause rancor and cause us to not make money off the deal.

wva adds passion ...

IN SHORT SUPPLY
01-01-2023 11:38 AM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(01-01-2023 11:38 AM)green Wrote:  

TCU adds to the ACC.

wva adds passion ...

IN SHORT SUPPLY

Do all your homework first and you can pass the exam.
01-01-2023 11:40 AM
Advertisement

XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(01-01-2023 10:18 AM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  TCU makes a great addition to the ACC.

Their location in the DFW metro is the dead center of the new market the ACC needs to try and reach.

Adding TCU as the 15th is like any other vaccine you might take. Low risk and high reward if you get sick.

Then if the ACC and the SEC mergers, TCU is already there. If the ACC and SEC swap a school, TCU is there for swap material.

There are about 30 million people in Texas. Just the ACCN alone would worth the addition.

At 15 schools the ACC can maintain a unbalanced schedule or go to 3 divisions of 5 for football producing three champions and a wild card depending on what makes the most money.

I would put Tulane in the same boat.
16 works better for scheduling and it would give ESPN two CTZ options for the ACC.
01-01-2023 11:40 AM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

WVa attendance at home this year - 47,500 per game = 78.3%

That's with hosting no 15 KSU and hosting no 7 TCU, as well as OU.

That's not passion, that is Father Time claiming folks in the State of West Virginia and they are not being replaced.
01-01-2023 11:45 AM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(01-01-2023 11:40 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(01-01-2023 10:18 AM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  TCU makes a great addition to the ACC.

I would put Tulane in the same boat.
16 works better for scheduling and it would give ESPN two CTZ options for the ACC.

A real "come to Jesus" meeting and a separate signed agreement would be needed with Tulane. They have demphasized football 3 times in the last 70 years and are like Duke in that respect. But they do have New Orleans going for them which beats Derm.

I liked your comment about providing future rescue to schools in the B10/SEC.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 11:51 AM by SouthernConfBoy.)
01-01-2023 11:48 AM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
(01-01-2023 11:38 AM)green Wrote:  

TCU adds to the ACC.

wva adds passion ...

IN SHORT SUPPLY

Exactly.

WVU has immediate content upgrades for the ACC ...

WVU - Pitt (duh)
WVU - Va Tech
WVU - Syracuse
WVU - Louisville
WVU - Miami

Then ... I think you'd see WVU - Clemson turn into something. WVU whipped Clemson in a bowl game not to long ago. I am sure those fanbases would grow to hate each other. Ditto WVU - Florida State.

The passionate fan base plays into the new measurement (or the one popular this year) of viewers per game. WVU instantly adds at least 5 games that would do that, with a couple more ripe for the picking.

On the flip side ...

TCU adds ZERO instant rivals. But ... I think they would still be a good add.

07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2023 11:53 AM by Pervis_Griffith.)
01-01-2023 11:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.