Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

CRS coming back for one more year is not the doom of Tiger football.
Bookmark and Share
Keeper Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
CRS coming back for one more year is not the doom of Tiger football.
If he has another mediocre year and keeps his job then the end is near. It is time for him to stick his foot in the ground and go. No more dancing around. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Don't just sit there do something. Have the courage to commit to the best players. Stop playing it so conventional your victories are boring. Put some Bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop. Take the bull by the horns. Take a chance on your team and on yourself. It is now or never. This is it. Your back is to the wall. Dare to be great. When it is over and done be the last one standing. You have been knocked down, get back up and win baby win.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2022 09:50 PM by Keeper.)
12-04-2022 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: CRS coming back for one more year is not the doom of Tiger football.
The letter straight from the AD office said so publicly.
12-04-2022 09:53 PM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
Man you are all over the place
12-05-2022 09:35 AM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

You're right. It's not the end of the world. It's not lighting a fire under the base either. Life goes on.
12-05-2022 09:36 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
(12-05-2022 09:36 AM)Claw Wrote:  You're right. It's not the end of the world. It's not lighting a fire under the base either. Life goes on.

Well it is just sports
12-05-2022 09:40 AM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-05-2022 09:40 AM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  
(12-05-2022 09:36 AM)Claw Wrote:  You're right. It's not the end of the world. It's not lighting a fire under the base either. Life goes on.

Well it is just sports

Good point.
12-05-2022 09:44 AM
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers

The other AAC schools, especially the new ones, are loading up with new coaches, name coaches.

It's not the end of the world for us, but you can see it from there.
12-07-2022 02:11 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
(12-04-2022 09:47 PM)Keeper Wrote:  If he has another mediocre year and keeps his job then the end is near. It is time for him to stick his foot in the ground and go. No more dancing around. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Don't just sit there do something. Have the courage to commit to the best players. Stop playing it so conventional your victories are boring. Put some Bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop. Take the bull by the horns. Take a chance on your team and on yourself. It is now or never. This is it. Your back is too the wall. Dare to be great. When it is over and done be the last one standing. You have been knocked down, get back up and win baby win.

It was time for him and his staff to stick their foot into the ground after the Cotton Bowl...I don't think we quite comprehend where CMN had crescendo'ed this program...Is that bowl the highest rated/ranking bowl that Memphis has ever participated in? In the height of this program, with huge recruiting momentum; arguably THE MOST exiting/prolific offense in College Football with immense momentum. CRS takes the reigns and brings in a playbook/scheme/diagram that drastically changes a blueprint/diagram of INCREDIBLE success, to: " Stop playing it so conventional your [b]victories are boring[/b"... The players that were made successful in this brilliantly high-powered designed scheme, that FSU, One of the MOST storied/prolific programs in the history of college football, Invested so heavily into, checked-out upon being giving the playbook and realizing that the blueprint that they performed at such a high level in, was being changed....Sounds like sabotage to me

Why on earth would the next skipper taking the reigns do such a thing? Who would have the audacity to make these dramatic changes to a highly successful plan, instead of elaborating on the scheme, adding to it; bringing in nuances that create more havoc for a defense. Incorporate more opportunities for guards to pull; get out on the edges, sealing and creating better gaps for play-makers on the outside and deeper levels of the defense....Or working with the offense to speed up the tempo, to where the defense has to beg for mercy, wasting timeouts as they can't keep up with the pace....We had been in this system since CMH, so it's basically plug and play....It's NOT rocket science here.....

We were ahead of the competition by leaps and bounds....Not ONLY conference opponents, also Ole Miss;UT;MSU;UCLA;PSU

Take that into consideration: WE WERE AN EVOLUTION of College Football....The top rated Jersey 03-hissyfit

And a coach takes over and basically brainstorms this INSANE metric: " You know, I don't like the direction we were going with this scheme, I want to totally change it. Slow it down a bit, (more ball-controlled) incorporate more TE's 03-puke04-jawdrop And we're supposed to sitback; be loyal; attend games; donate expendable income to continue to watch the person that TOTALLY derailed this programs trajectory/momentum..... BULLF&^KIN01-rivals

12-07-2022 06:01 PM
SpiderMan79x Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
No, it pretty much is the doom. It signals that the admin doesn't care and accepts mediocrity as the high bar.
12-07-2022 06:20 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-04-2022 09:47 PM)Keeper Wrote:  If he has another mediocre year and keeps his job then the end is near. It is time for him to stick his foot in the ground and go. No more dancing around. No more Mr. Nice Guy. Don't just sit there do something. Have the courage to commit to the best players. Stop playing it so conventional your victories are boring. Put some Bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop. Take the bull by the horns. Take a chance on your team and on yourself. It is now or never. This is it. Your back is too the wall. Dare to be great. When it is over and done be the last one standing. You have been knocked down, get back up and win baby win.

The doom is the admin & the decision process that brought RS back for another year after 2 years below .500 in the AAC. We can't afford such years both financially & in terms of our quest to move up. Yet our admin makes the easy no decisions rather than the right decisions, one after another.
12-07-2022 06:25 PM
2021 Tiger Football!! Offline
Special Teams

(12-07-2022 06:25 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  

The doom is the admin & the decision process that brought RS back for another year after 2 years below .500 in the AAC. We can't afford such years both financially & in terms of our quest to move up. Yet our admin makes the easy no decisions rather than the right decisions, one after another.

They should have just said we don’t have the money to buy him out.
12-07-2022 06:53 PM
Advertisement

jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(12-07-2022 06:01 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  

It was time for him and his staff to stick their foot into the ground after the Cotton Bowl...I don't think we quite comprehend where CMN had crescendo'ed this program...Is that bowl the highest rated/ranking bowl that Memphis has ever participated in? In the height of this program, with huge recruiting momentum; arguably THE MOST exiting/prolific offense in College Football with immense momentum. CRS takes the reigns and brings in a playbook/scheme/diagram that drastically changes a blueprint/diagram of INCREDIBLE success, to: " Stop playing it so conventional your [b]victories are boring[/b"... The players that were made successful in this brilliantly high-powered designed scheme, that FSU, One of the MOST storied/prolific programs in the history of college football, Invested so heavily into, checked-out upon being giving the playbook and realizing that the blueprint that they performed at such a high level in, was being changed....Sounds like sabotage to me

Why on earth would the next skipper taking the reigns do such a thing? Who would have the audacity to make these dramatic changes to a highly successful plan, instead of elaborating on the scheme, adding to it; bringing in nuances that create more havoc for a defense. Incorporate more opportunities for guards to pull; get out on the edges, sealing and creating better gaps for play-makers on the outside and deeper levels of the defense....Or working with the offense to speed up the tempo, to where the defense has to beg for mercy, wasting timeouts as they can't keep up with the pace....We had been in this system since CMH, so it's basically plug and play....It's NOT rocket science here.....

We were ahead of the competition by leaps and bounds....Not ONLY conference opponents, also Ole Miss;UT;MSU;UCLA;PSU

Take that into consideration: WE WERE AN EVOLUTION of College Football....The top rated Jersey 03-hissyfit

And a coach takes over and basically brainstorms this INSANE metric: " You know, I don't like the direction we were going with this scheme, I want to totally change it. Slow it down a bit, (more ball-controlled) incorporate more TE's 03-puke04-jawdrop And we're supposed to sitback; be loyal; attend games; donate expendable income to continue to watch the person that TOTALLY derailed this programs trajectory/momentum..... BULLF&^KIN01-rivals

04-cheers Epic Applause 04-cheers
12-07-2022 07:07 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-07-2022 06:53 PM)2021 Tiger Football!! Wrote:  

But that's the easy answer too, the one that involves no critical thinking. Without a change after this season, attendance alone will be down enough to cost more than the buyout.
12-07-2022 07:14 PM
TigerinFL Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
the admin got lazy. they listened to the players who wanted RS as their head coach. they thought if they make the players happy, then we will keep on keeping on.

well they were wrong. flat wrong about it. but seeing how lazy they've been on pretty much everything football, were you really surprised? they got lucky with CJF and then CMN. they rolled the dice and got nothing. I can't ever remember when players chose their own head coach and it worked out for all parties.

even if CRS wins the recruiting wars, he has proved he is still not a good coach or manager of the clock. they'll probably let him stay with a 7-5 record and even offer him a raise. it's just the way the UofM operates.
12-07-2022 08:30 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(12-07-2022 07:14 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(12-07-2022 06:53 PM)2021 Tiger Football!! Wrote:  

But that's the easy answer too, the one that involves no critical thinking. Without a change after this season, attendance alone will be down enough to cost more than the buyout.

Attendance will be 03-yawn this year, why risk it? Call KJ, before he gets another gig03-idea
12-07-2022 08:59 PM
MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
CRS can still turn this around. We were very close to being 8-4 or 9-3.

Doubt we lose as many heartbreakers in a row again.

Im not sold on CRS but he may yet right the ship.
12-07-2022 09:39 PM
Advertisement

jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(12-07-2022 09:39 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  CRS can still turn this around. We were very close to being 8-4 or 9-3.

But we weren't --we were 6-6
Have you seen next years schedule ?
Have you seen next years schedule ? Of course he will--how could he not? Next year more wins--next year winning year--next year contract extension--next year raise.
12-07-2022 10:21 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(12-07-2022 10:21 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  
(12-07-2022 09:39 PM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  CRS can still turn this around. We were very close to being 8-4 or 9-3.

But we weren't --we were 6-6
Have you seen next years schedule ?
Have you seen next years schedule ? Of course he will--how could he not? Next year more wins--next year winning year--next year contract extension--next year raise.

There's nothing to be gained from a lengthy process from Silver....He may have players in his corner but he has lost the popularity with fanbase.....His product is boring and the conference is loading up against us. Adding two more wins per season against lackluster scheduling, Is akin to having your ac running in the home with all of the window open and it's 100 degrees out. Anyone who would consider that efficient, is, well.....
Silver totally squandered this opportunity. He was given a chance that many new coaches don't get the benefit of starting with a stacked deck.....He made a terrible decision in not sticking with the "blueprint". The audacity to do that is mind=boggling; asinine to say the least but honestly, NOT VERY SMART; Just speed up the tempo even more, also with your offensive line history, create some offensive line stunts (hybrid) to create an even MORE dynamic system out of what CMN had already established/put in place and he would have been a genius 03-idea. He is the EXACT opposite, HENCE, this is where we are. Starting from MEDIOCRITY......As very few fans are interested in his speak/spiel...

Coaches are given chances to build programs when they are down, A glimpse of hope is seen and you say, "Well, maybe he deserves another shot, There are top classes coming in; scores are getting closer (with top opponents/competition.....However, coaches aren't given chances to take a top program down and then given time/chances to bring it back up.....It's understandable why some feel obligated. Because we have NEVER been on the top03-idea05-nono FOOD FOR THOUGHT
12-07-2022 11:09 PM
TIGERBUDDY Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers
12-08-2022 06:56 AM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Sorry, I am not in gloom and doom forecasts. Al Gore said the Polar Bears would be drowning and Tuvalu would be underwater long before today. Let's see how this plays out.
12-08-2022 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.