WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jan. 6 Committee
AllBronco Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
Jan. 6 Committee
Jan. 6 Committee is holding a hearing today at 1:00 p.m. ET.

Think the MAGAs will pull their heads out of the sand and watch it?
10-13-2022 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

RE: Jan. 6 Committee
(10-13-2022 10:47 AM)AllBronco Wrote:  Jan. 6 Committee is holding a hearing today at 1:00 p.m. ET.

No, I don't think anyone is really following this anymore. Well, except you and a couple others.
10-13-2022 10:53 AM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

(10-13-2022 10:53 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  
(10-13-2022 10:47 AM)AllBronco Wrote:  Jan. 6 Committee is holding a hearing today at 1:00 p.m. ET.

No, I don't think anyone is really following this anymore. Well, except you and a couple others.
Is that what you're hearing in your Libertarian circles?
10-13-2022 11:01 AM
PezKingGL1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wmu
This is a riveting thread. Following for updates. Thanks for taking the time to start it OP.
10-13-2022 11:03 AM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(10-13-2022 11:01 AM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  

Feel free to check the ratings tomorrow..
10-13-2022 11:07 AM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

(10-13-2022 11:07 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  

I don’t really judge congressional hearings by ratings. That’s more something the former twice impeached President, who you allegedly aren’t a superfan of, would say.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2022 11:22 AM by BroncoMinor.)
10-13-2022 11:19 AM
Advertisement

GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(10-13-2022 11:19 AM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  

I don’t really judge congressional hearings by ratings. That’s more something the former twice impeached President who you allegedly aren’t a superfan of would say.

How else can you answer the OPs question on who will finally watch it? Or was he simply trolling to start another Trump hissyfit?
10-13-2022 11:22 AM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

(10-13-2022 11:22 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  
(10-13-2022 10:53 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  No, I don't think anyone is really following this anymore. Well, except you and a couple others.

I don’t really judge congressional hearings by ratings. That’s more something the former twice impeached President who you allegedly aren’t a superfan of would say.

How else can you answer the OPs question on who will finally watch it? Or was he simply trolling to start another Trump hissyfit?
The primetime hearings have had viewership of 20M & 17M. This one is during the day, so it will be a lot less.

I don't think low TV ratings during the day means Americans aren't following the hearings. It just means they are at work.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2022 11:32 AM by BroncoMinor.)
10-13-2022 11:28 AM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(10-13-2022 11:28 AM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  
(10-13-2022 11:01 AM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  Is that what you're hearing in your Libertarian circles?

The primetime hearings have had viewership of 20M & 17M. This one is during the day, so it will be a lot less.

I don't think low TV ratings during the day means Americans aren't following the hearings. It just means they are at work.

People are rapidly losing their retirement accounts, inflation is through the roof, we're in a recession (even though they changed the definition to avoid calling it that), and according to Biden we are close to a nuclear armageddon. All the while our Gov't is still focused on an election 3 years ago. I'm thinking this is adding Republican votes by the day.
10-13-2022 11:48 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2022 11:48 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  All the while our Gov't is still focused on an election 3 years ago.

By "our Gov't," I hope you're including the vast majority of GOP candidates up for election in November, including Dixon, DePerno and Karamo. That our state's Governor, SOS and AG could potentially be deniers of a fair and free POTUS election result is unnerving.

That said, we can walk and chew gum and the same time. You can investigate a democracy-undermining mob (and their enablers in power) while also addressing those issues you mentioned, many of which are global phenomena.

Speaking of erratic retirement accounts, I know at least one party is committed to upholding Social Security.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2022 12:02 PM by Motown Bronco.)
10-13-2022 11:57 AM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

(10-13-2022 11:48 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  
(10-13-2022 11:28 AM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  
(10-13-2022 11:07 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  Feel free to check the ratings tomorrow..

People are rapidly losing their retirement accounts, inflation is through the roof, we're in a recession (even though they changed the definition to avoid calling it that), and according to Biden we are close to a nuclear armageddon. All the while our Gov't is still focused on an election 3 years ago. I'm thinking this is adding Republican votes by the day.
So, it’s only the Democrats who are focused on an election 3 yrs ago?

Have you listened to anything the leader of the Republican Party & all of his minions are saying to this day? Do you think they’ve moved on from the last election?

Until everyone involved in an insurrection at our nation’s Capitol are held accountable, this will continue to be a relevant topic of discussion. You believe in Law & Order….right?
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2022 12:16 PM by BroncoMinor.)
10-13-2022 12:11 PM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

Are we really talking about TV ratings to gauge public interest?? Lmao

Most young people don't even have cable. I don't. I follow the news on my phone/computer like most people under the age of 50.
10-13-2022 01:56 PM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(10-13-2022 01:56 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Are we really talking about TV ratings to gauge public interest?? Lmao

Most young people don't even have cable. I don't. I follow the news on my phone/computer like most people under the age of 50.

Modern ratings include streaming on phones, tablets, etc..

Again, someone asked if people were going to "watch" it. The answer is no, not really. The majority of regular Americans moved on a long time ago.
10-13-2022 02:07 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
[/quote]

When the pandemic hit, the country basically shut down. Many people lost their jobs, restaurants closes, folks stopped traveling/vacationing/going to sporting or music events. Gasoline prices dropped. Grocery prices remained low since restaurants weren't buying and supplies remained high. Once the economy opened up, supply and demand twisted around like a pretzel and there wasn't enough gas, food, etc. to keep up with the high demand. Ports were being inundated with supplies which truckers which had been depleted with job losses couldn't keep up with. Prices soared in every area. The world was hit with inflation. All we need is another pandemic to lower costs and cut inflation.
10-13-2022 02:14 PM
ktotten Offline
Banned

(10-13-2022 02:07 PM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  
(10-13-2022 01:56 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Are we really talking about TV ratings to gauge public interest?? Lmao

Again, someone asked if people were going to "watch" it. The answer is no, not really. The majority of regular Americans moved on a long time ago.

The recap shows this evening after people return home from work will garner good ratings. There is an interest. These are making an impact, less people are believing the "BIG LIE" now more than ever. Sad that it should be minuscule already, but people will believe anything if they don't like the conclusion.
10-13-2022 02:14 PM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

Traitor Donnie has been issued a subpoena to testify in front of the January 6th Committee.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2022 04:28 PM by BroncoMinor.)
10-13-2022 02:35 PM
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

(10-13-2022 02:07 PM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  

No, I don't mean watching on your phone. Most people aren't actually going to watch any announcements. That doesn't mean they aren't interested in it. I have news apps on my phone and I read the news online from several publications. I don't actually WATCH the news on my phone, though. Ratings are dumb. Stop referencing them.

Do you speak for the "majority of Americans"? How do you know that people aren't interested and have moved on? Are you describing yourself, or maybe anecdotal evidence from your family or friend group?

This is all probably irrelevant anyway. If you don't think everything that happened on Jan. 6 was a big deal by now, I'm not going to bother trying to convince you.
10-13-2022 02:36 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Another clip that's really hard to watch.

https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/statu...4793389057

Anyone who still stands with the Trumps, Steve Bannon, Alex Jones, MTG, The Pillow Guy, Lauren Boebert, Tucker Carlson, Kyle Rittenhouse, Kari Lake, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, Confederate-flag wavers... I'm not sure what to say. At a loss for words at this point.
10-13-2022 02:59 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

(10-13-2022 02:59 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Another clip that's really hard to watch.

https://twitter.com/January6thCmte/statu...4793389057

Anyone who still stands with the Trumps, Steve Bannon, Alex Jones, MTG, The Pillow Guy, Lauren Boebert, Tucker Carlson, Kyle Rittenhouse, Kari Lake, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, Confederate-flag wavers... I'm not sure what to say. At a loss for words at this point.

That IS hard to watch. It's almost like some crazy movie about nutjobs trying to overthrow the US government and then Bruce Willis or Chris Pratt has to save the day. Except this stuff really happened. Insane.

This country used to be a shining beacon for democracy and freedom. It had strong institutions, like our free elections and working legal system. It's a shame that so many people here have been suckered by these conmen, conspiracy theorists, criminals, goons, religious zealots, and fascists. I don't understand why we all can't just be normal and act with kindness and compassion toward our neighbors. Why do some people have to be such weirdos?
10-13-2022 03:14 PM
ktotten Offline
Banned

Hard to understand that it's real. One trip over to that tinfoil hat room on this forum will tell you that many people buy into this craziness.
10-13-2022 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.