Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Texas Has Too Many Windmill Generators for Power Grid
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
https://www.khou.com/amp/article/news/ve...74397c1ad6

What a joke. Have we become a nation of over educated idiots? The Grid should’ve upgraded long before the money was invested in windmills that have to be turned off. This is inexcusable. Windmills are sitting idle for hours and I’ll bet days. Yet utility bills have increased because of incompetence.

Add to that the clowns are talking about building more mega fields of windmills. I guess they are needed to compliment the skyline.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022 06:45 PM by BlueDragon.)
08-20-2022 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Texas Has Too Many Windmill Generators for Power Grid
Need more infrastructure---more nuke or gas capacity---and we need to harden the grid against solar flare/EMP energy.
08-20-2022 07:16 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
(08-20-2022 07:16 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Need more infrastructure---more nuke or gas capacity---and we need to harden the grid against solar flare/EMP energy.

Agreed, but the left says that's "evil" or some crap.
08-20-2022 07:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Dont worry, they will magically not work at all when power is needed.
08-20-2022 08:08 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(08-20-2022 08:08 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Dont worry, they will magically not work at all when power is needed.

But it wont be fair to point that out when it happens because it works "most of the time". lol---Its like those 2020 riots that were "mostly peaceful".
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022 08:18 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-20-2022 08:18 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Wind turbines are way overrated. I don't have the link, but somewhere in the past week, I read that the carbon footprint it takes to manufacture them is insane. Not to mention, it's projected that they will kill about 20,000 golden eagles alone in the next 25 years. An internet search produces plenty of links.

The lithium batteries to run electric cars have even worse issues. Please check this out.

https://impakter.com/electric-vehicles-l...%20health.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2022 09:06 PM by TripleA.)
08-20-2022 09:03 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Similar thing has happened here in NC with Solar farming. I know of several that were built over the last 5 years that are just sitting there off the grid because the infrastructure has yet to be built to capture the energy. This industry is a giant ripoff of the tax payer.
08-21-2022 09:43 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
The new bridge to nowhere

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
08-21-2022 09:48 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Didn't the Government pass close to $3trillion in infrastructure laws in the past 10 years or so? Those donors have hit a lick and the offshore banks are thriving. Suckers.
08-21-2022 09:58 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
Talk about getting the cart before the horse. Gross Ignorance in Action and taxpayers are paying the price. Once again no insight, no future planning, just throw money at a problem. Seems that the new way of dealing with issues.
08-21-2022 10:40 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Lets just destroy the coal industry first and then it will all work out... you know, like it does in the movies.
08-21-2022 11:00 AM
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
(08-21-2022 10:40 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  Talk about getting the cart before the horse. Gross Ignorance in Action and taxpayers are paying the price. Once again no insight, no future planning, just throw money at a problem. Seems that the new way of dealing with issues.

It's not gross ignorance in action. It's gross hubris in action. They know we don't have the infrastructure in place to handle such a mass transition. It's just an overwhelmingly large power grab by the left. It's just another way for them to make us be reliant on them, plain and simple.

(And this next part is not for you, friend. I just need to point that out for those who have yet to get the message.)

"Hey, I'm voting Democrat because I want free stuff." Right. "Free" stuff. Well, there's no such thing. Nothing is free. Nothing is guaranteed, not even your next second of life, and not even the freedom you want to throw away. Even that was purchased, and as an unfathomably high price. I say unfathomably because there are incomplete families mourning the loss of their loved ones because those people chose a higher purpose than themselves. Those few chose to serve our country, fight in our stead when needed, and ensure that those who want to be free can come to a place and be free and have liberty.

Our freedom -- our liberty, much like our Freedom from Sin (for those of us who are saved and have Jesus Christ as Our Savior) -- was bought with blood spilled on God-created soil. Much like how God sacrificed His Only Begotten Son so we may be freed from the shackles of sin, our nation, founded on Godly principles like the Ten Commandments and that Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness guaranteed rights, sent our sons to fight and in some cases die for those who suffered needlessly under despots, narcissists, and ne'er-do-wells who ruled with an iron fist. All so people they had never met can have liberty as well.

Those who wish to live "free" but not actually be free either can't or won't understand why we talk about this so much. They want to have things given to them. And some of that thinking has from time to time permeated my own way of thinking. But I know that's of Satan. And to those who say we should help people, I agree. We should, but from our own hands, not through some arbitrary middle man like our government. That's because you can ensure the person or persons who need help actually get it, plus nobody gets a so-called cut of any said help, especially if it's monetary assistance you're providing. Helping those in need is most definitely noble. But it must be done individually or locally, especially if God is laying it on your heart to do so. And most certainly, be kind to one another.

The day we remember these things and come back to them will be the day we prosper again. Until that day, pray as hard as you can that minds be unlocked and that hearts be softened.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022 12:00 PM by GeminiCoog.)
08-21-2022 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-20-2022 07:16 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Need more infrastructure---more nuke or gas capacity---and we need to harden the grid against solar flare/EMP energy.

Probably should start with some simple winterization of the fossil fuel plants before you start worrying about EMPs.
08-21-2022 12:12 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(08-21-2022 12:12 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  

Probably should start with some simple winterization of the fossil fuel plants before you start worrying about EMPs.

Thats easy, just get rid of the beaurocratic red tape thats required to start one of those plants up and problem solved. This will prevent Biden* from killing people due to stonewalling.
08-21-2022 01:38 PM
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-21-2022 01:38 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

Thats easy, just get rid of the beaurocratic red tape thats required to start one of those plants up and problem solved. This will prevent Biden* from killing people due to stonewalling.

As usual you are wrong.

https://www.puc.texas.gov/agency/resourc..._12_21.pdf
08-21-2022 01:47 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(08-21-2022 01:47 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  

As usual you are wrong.

I dont need a PDF from a wind apologist when I remember it happening in real time. Biden* did not authorize the request to start up plants until after it was too late.
08-21-2022 01:57 PM
Advertisement

U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-21-2022 01:57 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  

As usual you are wrong.

I dont need a PDF from a wind apologist when I remember it happening in real time. Biden* did not authorize the request to start up plants until after it was too late.

I forgot how proud you are of your ignorance.

[Image: B1425-BE9-5116-44-C2-9705-672-D38-E2-D37-D.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2022 04:35 PM by U_of_Elvis.)
08-21-2022 04:11 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(08-21-2022 04:11 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  
(08-21-2022 12:12 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  Probably should start with some simple winterization of the fossil fuel plants before you start worrying about EMPs.

As usual you are wrong.

Nothing about your pdf disputes what I said. We know the Biden* administration EVENTUALLY allowed it, it was simply too late at that time to prevent people from dying. They would not give permission to start those plants early enough that they would be ready when the power was needed. Thats the key, you have to pre-start the plants before they can come online.

Like I said, its nothing but bureaucratic red tape that causes people to die.
08-21-2022 04:42 PM
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
(08-21-2022 04:42 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(08-21-2022 01:38 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Thats easy, just get rid of the beaurocratic red tape thats required to start one of those plants up and problem solved. This will prevent Biden* from killing people due to stonewalling.

As usual you are wrong.

Nothing about your pdf disputes what I said. We know the Biden* administration EVENTUALLY allowed it, it was simply too late at that time to prevent people from dying. They would not give permission to start those plants early enough that they would be ready when the power was needed. Thats the key, you have to pre-start the plants before they can come online.

Sure, what you think you heard on infowars must be the way it went down. You are hopeless.
08-21-2022 05:29 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

(08-21-2022 05:29 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  
(08-21-2022 04:42 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(08-21-2022 01:47 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  As usual you are wrong.

Sure, what you think you heard on infowars must be the way it went down. You are hopeless.

Do you even know what the graph represents? I doubt you do or you wouldnt continuously be putting your foot in your mouth over it.
08-21-2022 05:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.