Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JMU/Sun Belt 10am Joint Presser
Bookmark and Share
hburg Offline

I Root For: James Madison
Exclamation JMU/Sun Belt 10am Joint Presser
02-02-2022 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
RE: JMU/Sun Belt 10am Joint Presser
I'm sure it'll be available for replay, but post some highlights here. Silly job making me do work at 10, can you believe these guys?
02-02-2022 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2022 09:52 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  I'm sure it'll be available for replay, but post some highlights here. Silly job making me do work at 10, can you believe these guys?

I usually have meetings when these things happen but luckily nothing at 10am today.
02-02-2022 09:53 AM
hburg Offline

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbi...8079323526

Live feed

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022 10:02 AM by hburg.)
02-02-2022 10:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
Gill is such an upgrade from Joey Bag of Donuts.
02-02-2022 10:07 AM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
Full schedule will be released 3/1.
02-02-2022 10:16 AM
Advertisement

BJTDukes Offline
Water Engineer

In a dang training meeting and can't watch. I'm so distracted by all this though haha
02-02-2022 10:18 AM
JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
this audio is miserable
02-02-2022 10:21 AM
grinch40 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMU
6 Home games, 4 being Funbelt teams
02-02-2022 10:26 AM
CarRamrod Offline
1st String

Season tickets are live! Just pulled the trigger on my first year of season tix. Having two young kids has prevented frequent travel from Blacksburg to Harrisonburg in the past but too much excitement to pass again this year.
02-02-2022 10:37 AM
DoubleDogDare Offline
All American

To those busy with "work" you haven't missed much. Mostly confirmation of what is already on the boards.
Joining SBC.
4 home SBC games plus Midd Tenn plus NSU. Will only play 11 games.
Paying the $700k to Midd Tenn is a lot but future savings/earnings by getting the transition done faster was netting against the cash payment.
Midd Tenn is a one game deal but Bourne implied that he would like future home and home with them.
Scheduling was the most difficult part for the transition given how late it was in the scheduling process. There were also 3 or 4 FBS options that in December said "no thanks," even to hosting JMU. Bourne made a comment that Keith Gill was supportive and helpful with getting JMU the 5 home FBS games.
Cheeky question was asked regarding Bourne's excitement for joining a conference that has helped JMU all along the way versus past conference affiliations. He was very diplomatic in his response.
Donate and buy season tickets!
02-02-2022 10:37 AM
Advertisement

hburg Offline

Hopefully they will post on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
02-02-2022 10:40 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(02-02-2022 10:07 AM)JMU85 Wrote:  Gill is such an upgrade from Joey Bag of Donuts.

Understatement of the year.
02-02-2022 10:55 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(02-02-2022 10:37 AM)CarRamrod Wrote:  Season tickets are live! Just pulled the trigger on my first year of season tix. Having two young kids has prevented frequent travel from Blacksburg to Harrisonburg in the past but too much excitement to pass again this year.

Same here! But I am travelling from Radford. We had season tickets before my son was born and would get random regular season games throughout the year or playoff games.
My son is old enough where he actually enjoys going to live events (still loses interest watching on TV, but he'll get there haha) and was excited to hear that we may be going to many more games next season.
Well, it's official! I ordered our season tickets and a donation to the Proud and True today.
Let's GOOOOOO!!!!
02-02-2022 10:58 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

JMU will be at 85 full schollies for 2022, was around 73/74 prior.

Cig mentioned he expects a "big upgrade" with the 2023 recruiting class. Also said they were a bit constrained in 2022 recruiting activity due to Spring season compared to other FBS programs.
02-02-2022 11:01 AM
Dukester Offline

(02-02-2022 10:37 AM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  To those busy with "work" you haven't missed much. Mostly confirmation of what is already on the boards.
Joining SBC.
Paying the $700k to Midd Tenn is a lot but future savings/earnings by getting the transition done faster was netting against the cash payment.
Midd Tenn is a one game deal but Bourne implied that he would like future home and home with them.
Scheduling was the most difficult part for the transition given how late it was in the scheduling process. There were also 3 or 4 FBS options that in December said "no thanks," even to hosting JMU. Bourne made a comment that Keith Gill was supportive and helpful with getting JMU the 5 home FBS games.
Cheeky question was asked regarding Bourne's excitement for joining a conference that has helped JMU all along the way versus past conference affiliations. He was very diplomatic in his response.

I’m surprised MTSU cost $700,000 04-jawdrop Have we ever received that from a P5 school?

Looks like that game is already scheduled for Sept 3. 02-13-banana
02-02-2022 05:01 PM
Advertisement

PGJMU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Dukes
(02-02-2022 05:01 PM)Dukester Wrote:  
(02-02-2022 10:37 AM)DoubleDogDare Wrote:  To those busy with "work" you haven't missed much. Mostly confirmation of what is already on the boards.
Joining SBC.

I’m surprised MTSU cost $700,000 04-jawdrop Have we ever received that from a P5 school?

they had us by the D*kester. we could only transition with a 5th fbs game and they were one of very few, possibly the only option to make that happen.

did i hear that we have an FBS away - non Sunbelt game to announce. super curious on that if true. other than louisville
02-02-2022 05:44 PM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

(02-02-2022 05:44 PM)PGJMU2 Wrote:  
Joining SBC.

they had us by the D*kester. we could only transition with a 5th fbs game and they were one of very few, possibly the only option to make that happen.

did i hear that we have an FBS away - non Sunbelt game to announce. super curious on that if true. other than louisville

I haven't watched the presser yet, but saw others mention that they said our OOC schedule is set, we'll only play 11 games and will have two bye weeks.
02-02-2022 06:10 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-02-2022 05:44 PM)PGJMU2 Wrote:  
Joining SBC.

No.

JMU will play an 11 game schedule. 6 at home (5 FBS, and 1 FCS), and 5 away (all FBS. 4 SBC games and 1 OOC P5 -Louisville).
02-02-2022 06:12 PM
We Are the Dukes of JMU Offline
Special Teams

The 11 game season makes sense to me. Unless some P5 ends up with an opening and is willing to pay a big guarantee, I don't see much upside to playing 12 games. Every additional game comes with a risk of additional injuries. If we're not bowl eligible, there's not much of a reason to play an extra game (unless it's for a payday). We don't need to get to six wins in 2022.
02-02-2022 06:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.