Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Please Kill CUSA once and for all
Bookmark and Share
HerdTTT Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Marshall
Please Bring in WKU, MTSU, FIU, and Louisiana Tech. Will bring rivalries and more solid football competition to the conference while really solidifying the Sun Belt as a really strong Baseball conference.
10-23-2021 10:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TealNation Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal Carolina
RE: Please Kill CUSA once and for all
NO.
10-23-2021 10:50 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-23-2021 10:48 PM)HerdTTT Wrote:  Please Bring in WKU, MTSU, FIU, and Louisiana Tech. Will bring rivalries and more solid football competition to the conference while really solidifying the Sun Belt as a really strong Baseball conference.

Uhhh...No?
10-23-2021 10:51 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
18 teams isn’t a conference, it’s a subdivision.
10-23-2021 10:51 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I was hoping for two, but they settled for four. I wish the remaining teams in CUSA the best.
10-23-2021 10:54 PM
wb247 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: App State
NO.
10-23-2021 11:04 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(10-23-2021 10:48 PM)HerdTTT Wrote:  Please Bring in WKU, MTSU, FIU, and Louisiana Tech. Will bring rivalries and more solid football competition to the conference while really solidifying the Sun Belt as a really strong Baseball conference.

I feel for their situation, but you can’t save everyone . . .

. . . and you certainly don’t wanna drown for the sake of a few. Hope they find a home (if CUSA is unsustainable), but that home ain’t here . . .
10-23-2021 11:07 PM
LaTex14 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: LaTech
Someone doesn’t want to pay their exit fees.

[Image: zombie-land-comedy.gif]

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021 11:12 PM by LaTex14.)
10-23-2021 11:11 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall

I'm a Herd fan, and I hate this suggestion.
10-23-2021 11:12 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
WKU is the only one I truly feel bad for and wish we had room for.
10-23-2021 11:12 PM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
as said before and I’ll say again..they were a part of this league (for decades). We gave them a home when they moved up to fbs and they chose to leave.

Some would say the same regarding ODU But to me it’s completely different situation with them
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021 11:20 PM by RamblinRedWolf.)
10-23-2021 11:20 PM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
Let them burn . . .you know the old Southern saying I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire . . .
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021 11:53 PM by WinstonTheWolf.)
10-23-2021 11:52 PM
Goronic Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State

As bad as it’s going to be for them we can’t add them. It is just too many. They need to do what the can for the next decade or so before the next big conference shake up. Then we will do all this again.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2021 12:00 AM by Goronic.)
10-23-2021 11:59 PM
WARDAWG93 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
Pass
10-24-2021 12:18 AM
TealNation Offline
All American

(10-23-2021 11:59 PM)Goronic Wrote:  

As bad as it’s going to be for them we can’t add them. It is just too many. They need to do what the can for the next decade or so before the next big conference shake up. Then we will do all this again.
Most of the P5 slots are being filled up. At some point it will cut off. It will cutoff soon. If you aren't already in or won't be in the near future. Chances are you'll never be P5. That's the truth of it all. That's where CFB is headed. The SBC has done a solid job getting a great group of schools that will be great for long term longevity and prosperous sustainability within the G5 realm. Good programs, core fan bases, and solid geography.
10-24-2021 12:19 AM
ericsaid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App. State/ECU
(10-23-2021 11:59 PM)Goronic Wrote:  

It may be a few years, not a decade.
10-24-2021 12:20 AM
Advertisement

Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
If SBC basketball was already a 2 or 3 bid league in basketball for example I wouldn't mind going up to 16 teams to add WKU and someone else BUT 14 teams is a lot for 1 bid therefore let's not get even larger...

Let the C-USA become the new FCS call-up league. Everyone knows it'll be how the SBC used to be. Teams come up, other teams leave, and then they add a few more. It would be nice if the NCAA would just allow C-USA to exist as a conference that only houses a university's football team and they could store non-football sports elsewhere.

UCONN, UMASS, Liberty, WKU, MTSU, FIU, La Tech, UTEP, and NMSU could be a 9 team conference of football teams only. Still would get to participate in post-season play with bowl ties, etc. but those teams could place their non-football sports in more geographic friendly conferences.
10-24-2021 12:35 AM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn

[Image: giphy.gif]
10-24-2021 02:10 AM
TealNation Offline
All American

(10-24-2021 12:35 AM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  If SBC basketball was already a 2 or 3 bid league in basketball for example I wouldn't mind going up to 16 teams to add WKU and someone else BUT 14 teams is a lot for 1 bid therefore let's not get even larger...

Let the C-USA become the new FCS call-up league. Everyone knows it'll be how the SBC used to be. Teams come up, other teams leave, and then they add a few more. It would be nice if the NCAA would just allow C-USA to exist as a conference that only houses a university's football team and they could store non-football sports elsewhere.

UCONN, UMASS, Liberty, WKU, MTSU, FIU, La Tech, UTEP, and NMSU could be a 9 team conference of football teams only. Still would get to participate in post-season play with bowl ties, etc. but those teams could place their non-football sports in more geographic friendly conferences.
Sad thing is I'm not sure that CUSA has remotely as good of a pool of FCS call-ups as the SBC did. Liberty has already turned them down. Not many positives tbh.
10-24-2021 02:17 AM
ODU-Z8 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion, Sun Belt
At this point, I'm more interested in killing off the AAC ...
10-24-2021 02:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.