Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mr. Potato Head going gender neutral
Bookmark and Share
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Mr. Potato Head going gender neutral
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mist...l-76111309

At the rate its going, we may end up seeing a G.I. Pat doll soon replacing G.I. Joe.

02-25-2021 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Mr. Potato Head going gender neutral
I swear I thought that was an article from The Onion.

02-25-2021 03:14 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
Alternative Headline: Toy Company makes marketing and packaging decision to sell more toys.

Quote:Hasbro is releasing a product this fall called Create Your Potato Head Family. The new toy offers a bunch of different accessories and faces to allow folks to create whatever combination of potato heads they like.

https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/25/223015...o-relaunch

02-25-2021 03:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BcatMatt13 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
I wonder how Mrs. Potato Head is going to take this news.

Mr. Clean and Mr. Peanut better lay low for a while.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2021 04:03 PM by BcatMatt13.)
02-25-2021 04:00 PM
bearcatmark Online

And according to Hasbro though they are rebranding the toy line to potato head instead of mr. Potato head they are still going to sell mr. Potato head and Mrs. Potato head.

Another hilarious story people flipped about for no reason.

02-25-2021 05:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Yet you defended it at first as a marketing ploy.

lol

02-25-2021 08:48 PM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

(02-25-2021 08:48 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Yet you defended it at first as a marketing ploy.

lol

That's exactly what it is. The company doing what it thinks is best for the bottom line. People just have to make a huge deal of everything these days

02-25-2021 09:05 PM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-25-2021 03:23 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Alternative Headline: Toy Company makes marketing and packaging decision to sell more toys.

Quote:Hasbro is releasing a product this fall called Create Your Potato Head Family. The new toy offers a bunch of different accessories and faces to allow folks to create whatever combination of potato heads they like.

https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/25/223015...o-relaunch

I appreciate your effort of trying to spin, but.....

https://people.com/parents/potato-head-g...nd-hasbro/

quotes from SVP Kimberly Boyd:

Quote:"Hasbro is making sure all feel welcome in the Potato Head world by officially dropping the Mr. from the Mr. Potato Head brand name and logo to promote gender equality and inclusion," the company added

Quote:"Culture has evolved. Kids want to be able to represent their own experiences," she says. "The way the brand currently exists — with the 'Mr.' and 'Mrs.' — is limiting when it comes to both gender identity and family structure."

02-25-2021 09:07 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Jesus, Mark. Lol

02-25-2021 09:20 PM
bearcatmark Online

People are freaking out over a toy company changing the name of its line of toys from mr. Potato head to potato head.

The world has gone mad.

02-25-2021 09:23 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
The product needs to be boycotted as it ruins good food that could be donated to food desert inhabitants, rather than filing up landfill.

Food equality NOW!

02-26-2021 06:05 AM
Advertisement

Cat_Litter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC

Donators
(02-25-2021 09:23 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  People are freaking out over a toy company changing the name of its line of toys from mr. Potato head to potato head.

The world has gone mad.

Totally agree. It's a non-stop race to see which company is next to out-do the last when it comes to virtue signalling.

02-26-2021 07:36 AM
bearcatmark Online

If you're so fragile that a company changing its toy line name from mr. Potato head to Potato head (while still selling a mr. And Mrs. Potato head plus adding a new family set kids can make any combination) you have to view it as "virtue signaling" I don't know what to tell you. Get tougher maybe.

02-26-2021 07:46 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Mark mansplaining this is delicious.

02-26-2021 08:39 AM
skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
What's next, they get rid of GI Joe's ***** or Barbie's ******? They make (Mr.) Potato Head's mustache removable? How am I supposed to eat a potato if I don't know what gender it is? Girl dogs named Tank or Rocky?! This is madness!

02-26-2021 09:41 AM
Major ----de Coverley Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: truffles
to lighten the mood google the in living color michael jackson potato head video. Classic humor.

02-26-2021 09:46 AM
Advertisement

Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
There will be 153 different Potato Heads sold because we are told there are at least that many genders.

02-26-2021 10:41 AM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-25-2021 09:23 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  People are freaking out over a toy company changing the name of its line of toys from mr. Potato head to potato head.

The world has gone mad.

That's a silly oversimplified argument. Its not like when Dunkin Donuts changed their name to just Dunkin.

Who is freaking out? I'm at a place now where I just point, shake my head and laugh.

But one thing we can agree on (for different reasons), the world has indeed gone mad. What's next, a top world wide corporation telling it's employees to be "less white"? 03-lmfao

02-26-2021 11:52 AM
bearcatmark Online

(02-26-2021 11:52 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  

The world has gone mad.

That's a silly oversimplified argument. Its not like when Dunkin Donuts changed their name to just Dunkin.

Who is freaking out? I'm at a place now where I just point, shake my head and laugh.

But one thing we can agree on (for different reasons), the world has indeed gone mad. What's next, a top world wide corporation telling it's employees to be "less white"? 03-lmfao

I mean it kind of is. They are still selling Mr. Potatohead. They are still selling Mrs. Potatohead. They are changing the toyline name to be more neutral. They are offering a family set that kids can use however they want. It's a rebranding targeted to the modern family.

I've seen plenty of freaking out over this and people acting like it's some huge attack on them. You can still get a Mr. Potatohead. You can still get a Mrs. Potatohead. The fact that this bothers people shows how fragile people have become.

02-26-2021 11:58 AM
Cat_Litter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC

Donators
(02-26-2021 11:52 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  

The world has gone mad.

Ditto. I can only aspire to become as "woke" or as "tough" as Mark. I'm not in Hasbro's target market anyway. I look forward to the time when the re-education camps open so that I can also become enlightened.

(This post was last modified: 02-26-2021 12:17 PM by Cat_Litter.)
02-26-2021 12:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.