Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fan Faces In The Glass Bowl
Bookmark and Share
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
UT Athletic Dept. is exploring the idea of selling cardboard fans with faces of fans. Thoughts?
10-10-2020 08:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Babes boy Offline
1st String

RE: Fan Faces In The Glass Bowl
I’d rather be there in person
10-10-2020 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

They would be foolish to not at least try the idea to make some extra money. Other teams seem to be having success with this idea, so why not us? I'd purchase a few.
10-10-2020 09:22 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-10-2020 09:14 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  I’d rather be there in person

Wouldn’t we all? Just not an option now.
10-10-2020 09:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-10-2020 09:22 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  They would be foolish to not at least try the idea to make some extra money. Other teams seem to be having success with this idea, so why not us? I'd purchase a few.

04-cheers

I told staff that I have four photos ready to go.
10-10-2020 09:28 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
I'd buy one. My beautiful mug has been second row in Atlanta (Braves) all season.
10-10-2020 10:27 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Let's fill 26k
10-10-2020 11:22 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Seeing how schools playing seem to be able to put fans in the stands, honestly, strikes me very EMUish. If I were fan of that other school? I'd probably pay to put photos of the coach not to be named, a few other bad apples, near the 50yd line...

It's definitely a bad way to approach me for money. I don't see any of us reacting well to being asked to pay for that. But I can see some getting a kick out of seeing their card board cut-out, while watching on ESPN3. Particularly if they have no way to the games anyhow.

I suppose it's ok as long as they socially distance the cut-outs.
10-11-2020 08:28 AM
indianasniff Offline
All American

Cut out of every former player.

Honor our history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-11-2020 09:01 PM
T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
(10-11-2020 08:28 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  It's definitely a bad way to approach me for money. I don't see any of us reacting well to being asked to pay for that. But I can see some getting a kick out of seeing their card board cut-out, while watching on ESPN3. Particularly if they have no way to the games anyhow.

1. You're really going to b**ch about this?
2. No one is going to approach you for this.
3. When is the last time you have given a single dollar to the university? Have you even bought a ticket this decade?
10-11-2020 09:12 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2020 09:12 PM)T4C8 Wrote:  
(10-11-2020 08:28 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  It's definitely a bad way to approach me for money. I don't see any of us reacting well to being asked to pay for that. But I can see some getting a kick out of seeing their card board cut-out, while watching on ESPN3. Particularly if they have no way to the games anyhow.

1. You're really going to b**ch about this?
2. No one is going to approach you for this.
3. When is the last time you have given a single dollar to the university? Have you even bought a ticket this decade?

1) I neither b**ched nor complained nor attempted to persuade anyone to believe one way or the other. OP is asking for opinions and perspectives. If you're so afraid of those, crawl back into mama's silver spoon basement and hide. Life may be tolerable for you there.
2) If you''re correct, then maybe the b**ching should be about why the.UT Athletic Dept. is wasting time and money exploring the idea.
3) It's an anonymous message board stupid. Anyone can make up any answer they wish and you'd have no confirmation or reason to believe. My contributions in time and money I imagine predate your unfortunate conception and subsequent brain damage. But in your honor, I will lower my imagined contribution 20% for two years. I will be sure to include a note of explanation.
10-12-2020 04:23 AM
Advertisement

PaulJ Offline
1st String

(10-11-2020 08:28 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Seeing how schools playing seem to be able to put fans in the stands, honestly, strikes me very EMUish. If I were fan of that other school? I'd probably pay to put photos of the coach not to be named, a few other bad apples, near the 50yd line...

It's definitely a bad way to approach me for money. I don't see any of us reacting well to being asked to pay for that. But I can see some getting a kick out of seeing their card board cut-out, while watching on ESPN3. Particularly if they have no way to the games anyhow.

Seems like smart way for UT Athletics to rise funds from donors and alumni, whats the difference between this and other events and incentives to donate? If one cares to donate great, if not that's your choice, but I certainly do not see it as inappropriate, "EMUish" or bad way to raise funds-one needs to be creative these days.
10-12-2020 11:20 AM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-11-2020 08:28 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  Seeing how schools playing seem to be able to put fans in the stands, honestly, strikes me very EMUish. If I were fan of that other school? I'd probably pay to put photos of the coach not to be named, a few other bad apples, near the 50yd line...

To be fair...at least this is better than the mass email to all donors essentially saying "Hey, we have a $30M+ budget but can only make about $10M a year, give us money to make up for our stupidity."
10-12-2020 01:38 PM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

They may actually get more heads in the seats than a real MACtion game d/t ticket holder no shows.
10-12-2020 02:21 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

BS, if other conferences are putting fanning in the stands, then why not the MAC, screw the MAC, a conference on the way out.
10-13-2020 10:15 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(10-13-2020 10:15 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  BS, if other conferences are putting fanning in the stands, then why not the MAC, screw the MAC, a conference on the way out.

It's up to the individual institutions and the State...not the MAC.
10-14-2020 08:07 AM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

(10-14-2020 08:07 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-13-2020 10:15 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  BS, if other conferences are putting fanning in the stands, then why not the MAC, screw the MAC, a conference on the way out.

I believe UC has fans in the stand, am I correct ?
10-14-2020 09:22 PM
BearcatMan Offline

(10-14-2020 09:22 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  
(10-14-2020 08:07 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

I believe UC has fans in the stand, am I correct ?

At the moment, just family of players and coaches, though the rumor is that they are pushing to get fans in the stands, albeit a limited amount, by their next home contest.
10-15-2020 09:50 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

BigTen and PAC are also not having fans in stands, along with many others, and its not the choice of the MAC but the state governors and college presidents who decide COVID restrictions on campuses
10-15-2020 12:06 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Welp. Florida was pleading for 90k in their stands and not 3 days later they suspend football operations because of Positive tests. They've had over 750 deaths in the last 7 days. Saban and Alabama's AD have it. What if we didn't finish a season? I bet one death would turn heads REAL fast. The NFL is scrambling to fix schedules and fit games in. Ohio and Michigan are at all time covid highs as we speak, although other hot spots are much worse. How can BGSU have 60% of the counties total cases yet keep their players clean?
10-15-2020 12:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.