Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CNN Op-Ed: Swing Voters Swing to Trump
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
CNN Op-Ed: Swing Voters Swing to Trump

https://twitter.com/HillRabbit/status/12...5688407042

SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT COMING FOR TO CARRY HE HOME
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020 08:45 AM by green.)
08-01-2020 08:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: CNN Op-Ed: Swing Voters Swing to Trump
Democrats over playing their hand badly
08-01-2020 08:56 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
That was alarmingly like real journalism. Somebody must have screwed up for that to be published at CNN.
08-01-2020 09:41 AM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
(08-01-2020 09:41 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  That was alarmingly like real journalism. Somebody must have screwed up for that to be published at CNN.

I 100% believe there are true unbiased journalist at CNN. But much like a dandelion in a sea of bermuda their voices get choked out by the high dollar talking heads.
08-01-2020 09:44 AM
Advertisement

mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
The silent majority has been watching and waiting.
They will not put signs in their yards or bumber stickers on their cars out of fear.
They are not answering polls or if they do are not speaking their truth out of fear.
They will have their say and day on November 3, 2020.
08-01-2020 10:09 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
it reads like this board over the past 4 yrs...
08-01-2020 10:12 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(08-01-2020 09:44 AM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(08-01-2020 09:41 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  That was alarmingly like real journalism. Somebody must have screwed up for that to be published at CNN.

I 100% believe there are true unbiased journalist at CNN. But much like a dandelion in a sea of bermuda their voices get choked out by the high dollar talking heads.

I believe that they post the occasional 'contrary' opinion to give themselves wiggle room when the accusations of bias come out. They can rattle off a hand full of anecdotally unbiased reports or op eds from the right and ignore that the bias is 20:1 the other way.

Fox does this as well, let's not kid ourselves.... but the issue to me is that there isn't one unbiased source.... and it's about 10:1 towards the left.

SOme have argued that fox is more biased and that actually may be the case... but it's because they're pretty much the only source that leans right. You can find a dozen articles from a dozen different major news outlets all sharing the same bias against the right... and only one defending the right. As i've said a lot, people often confuse 'volume' with 'weight'. The fact that there are 12 'anti-Trump' articles and only one supporting one doesn't mean that he did 12 'bad' things.
08-01-2020 10:48 AM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
There never really was one unbiased source of news. They all come from humans and thus are prone to bias no matter how noble the intention to the contrary. Now whether that spectrum of unbias leans more toward noble journalist integrity or more toward the public believing in the lie of the unbiased journalist is harder to say.
08-01-2020 11:05 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(08-01-2020 11:05 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  There never really was one unbiased source of news. They all come from humans and thus are prone to bias no matter how noble the intention to the contrary. Now whether that spectrum of unbias leans more toward noble journalist integrity or more toward the public believing in the lie of the unbiased journalist is harder to say.

True...

My point is that the volume of the bias in one direction is pretty extreme... which makes the single outlier look far more biased... and all of those leaning the other way look normal.

Said differently... If the average weight of a human in our population were 150 lbs... and you put 12 reporters who weighed 175 on one side and one reporter who weighed only 100 on the other... the '50 lbs under-weight' person would be more obviously an outlier and all of those only 25lbs overweight would appear 'normal'.

You have 300 lbs of excess weight on one side over the weight of the average person... and the one who seems out of place is only 50.

and all of those in the group of 12 become convinced that they are 'average', because among the reporters, they are... which only encourages them to move even further left/gain weight in order to 'stand out'. They'd have to lose more than 75 lbs to stand out and get clicks in the other direction (OAN?).
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020 11:22 AM by Hambone10.)
08-01-2020 11:19 AM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
The Burning of bibles cant be helping Biden
08-01-2020 01:26 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(08-01-2020 01:26 PM)solohawks Wrote:  The Burning of bibles cant be helping Biden

Sorry, but who was burning Bibles? Where? I'm not doubting you but perhaps it's a story that passed by me.
08-01-2020 02:06 PM
domer1978 Online
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(08-01-2020 02:06 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(08-01-2020 01:26 PM)solohawks Wrote:  The Burning of bibles cant be helping Biden

Sorry, but who was burning Bibles? Where? I'm not doubting you but perhaps it's a story that passed by me.
https://csnbbs.com/thread-903739.html
08-01-2020 02:07 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
At least the author got this talking point in:

Quote:They conflate the Black Lives Matter protesters with the rioters attacking federal buildings and retail shops.
08-02-2020 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.