Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Goodell Trying to Ruin NFL Season Before It Ever Gets Started
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
He backtracked and was getting it from all sides. Many NFL fans not amused. Once fans are again allowed into stadiums, there will be a lot of empty seats. They may try to spin it as due to covid but I suspect this latest foray into social justice will backfire on both the commissioner and the players. Few feel sorry for multimillionaires acting as victims and trying to force us white football fans into white guilt. If the concussion problems don't end the league for good, being SJWs will.

Quote:Don’t you get it, Godell? You are still not making with enough reparations. Any and all apologies and amends will never be good enough. No amount of virtue you throw at this is going to make one bit of a difference. This fall’s football season should be interesting. “We’re all in this together” ads with syrupy, squeaky-voiced voiceover artists who love to lay on the obnoxious vocal fry, buzzwords, key phrases and protesting the National Anthem all will FOR SURE provide justice and open our eyes to a more loving, united America. Can hardly wait.

Once they get your submission, they will never be satisfied. More and more demands will come. You're clueless, Goodell.

https://victorygirlsblog.com/goodell-cap...l-players/
06-06-2020 12:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Goodell Trying to Ruin NFL Season Before It Ever Gets Started
This author justifiably points out how 3M has no courage for reciting politically correct language while saying nothing about the rioters and violence. But it was a good statement that was not divisive, unlike the NFL's.

https://spectator.us/virtue-signaling-isnt-courage/
06-06-2020 12:39 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
The NFL teams can make a profit with zero fans in the stands.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
06-06-2020 12:49 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I just can't understand why any business owner or CEO would decide to take sides on these kinds of social issues, except to appease the mobs. Extreme virtue signaling. They have to know that issuing statements taking sides will alienate a good portion of their potential customers, depending on their business, of course.

I would rather they made a statement that is neutral and says clearly that;

"we are a business and have decided to not take sides in this divisive social issue while allowing that the people that work in our business, like all of society, have strongly held opinions on both sides of the issue. While this issue is dividing the country, we will focus on our business which is the reason we are here."

How hard is that? They are cowards that stick their heads above the foxholes and check which way the wind is blowing. Usually the wind from the SJWs is much more fierce so they invariably choose to make a statement kowtowing to them. Idiots, all of them.
06-06-2020 12:52 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

(06-06-2020 12:49 PM)fsquid Wrote:  The NFL teams can make a profit with zero fans in the stands.

Only for a while. When fans stop tuning in on TV, the revenue starts to dry up and advertisers flee. Deep pocketed owners don't have an unending cash pile to tap. They didn't get rich by being stupid. They will bail and try to sell their diminished franchises before they are worthless. The NFL will become the USFL. And they will have done it to themselves.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2020 12:57 PM by MileHighBronco.)
06-06-2020 12:55 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
They succumb to the Leftists because in side of them they are Leftists. You're absolutely right Bronco, if they felt that they couldn't take sides your way is the way.
06-06-2020 12:58 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

(06-06-2020 12:55 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
(06-06-2020 12:49 PM)fsquid Wrote:  The NFL teams can make a profit with zero fans in the stands.

Only for a while. When fans stop tuning in on TV, the revenue starts to dry up and advertisers flee. Deep pocketed owners don't have an unending cash pile to tap. They didn't get rich by being stupid. They will bail and try to sell their diminished franchises before they are worthless. The NFL will become the USFL. And they will have done it to themselves.
The owners already have their money, it's the TV networks that will feel the hurt. But they'll all be lining up when it's time for renewal.

06-06-2020 12:59 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

(06-06-2020 12:59 PM)fsquid Wrote:  The owners already have their money, it's the TV networks that will feel the hurt. But they'll all be lining up when it's time for renewal.

Lining up for a league that loses half its fans? If so, the bidding will be for a lot less $$$.
06-06-2020 01:02 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

(06-06-2020 01:02 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  
(06-06-2020 12:59 PM)fsquid Wrote:  The owners already have their money, it's the TV networks that will feel the hurt. But they'll all be lining up when it's time for renewal.

Lining up for a league that loses half its fans? If so, the bidding will be for a lot less $$$.
Half? We already did this the first time kneeling. It was a moderate decrease

06-06-2020 01:07 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

Given the events of the past few weeks, the 'protest' by fans will only increase and many will decide that they are done with this crap. They will find many other fun things to do on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, etc. and find that they don't really miss the NFL.

You can argue it but watch and see.
06-06-2020 01:14 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(06-06-2020 12:52 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  I just can't understand why any business owner or CEO would decide to take sides on these kinds of social issues, except to appease the mobs. Extreme virtue signaling. They have to know that issuing statements taking sides will alienate a good portion of their potential customers, depending on their business, of course.

I would rather they made a statement that is neutral and says clearly that;

"we are a business and have decided to not take sides in this divisive social issue while allowing that the people that work in our business, like all of society, have strongly held opinions on both sides of the issue. While this issue is dividing the country, we will focus on our business which is the reason we are here."

How hard is that? They are cowards that stick their heads above the foxholes and check which way the wind is blowing. Usually the wind from the SJWs is much more fierce so they invariably choose to make a statement kowtowing to them. Idiots, all of them.

Well you can decry what happened as 3M did without talking about systematic racism being endemic as the NFL implied. NFL just repeated leftwing talking points.
06-06-2020 01:16 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
The NFL.

Grown men wearing players jerseys.

The most cuck fans on earth. 03-lmfao
06-06-2020 01:36 PM
glacier_dropsy Offline
1st String

I Root For: air joiner
I really hope we do that thing again this year where the conservatives really stick it to the NFL. It was so effective last time around, left the NFL is such financial shambles, and really won over the minds of the young people.
06-06-2020 01:43 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
TBH, I was never a huge NFL fan. BL: to be fair to my wife and kids, I told her you give me Saturdays and CFB (obviously sometimes I still missed games due to family but I did get some freedom to watch most of the day/night or travel to games) in the Fall and I'll give you Sundays. However, I was a casual watcher on Sundays when time and family allowed. That all went away with Kapernick sp? several years back. F the NFL.

Baseball died to me after one too many strikes back 20+ years ago. I have no patience for Billionaires and Millionaires arguing. I moved to St Pete full-time in 2016 and I started to come back and would be classified as a casual Rays/Yankees fan. Baseball is losing me again...

The NBA and NHL never really had me. I obviously follow college basketball but I'm not as hardcore anymore...too much cheating, transferring, one and fines, etc...
06-07-2020 01:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(06-06-2020 01:36 PM)shere khan Wrote:  The NFL.

Grown men wearing players jerseys.

The most cuck fans on earth. 03-lmfao

My rule now:. I try real hard to just have one Cuse item on me. If I wear a Cuse hat the shirt will be plain. Usually color appropriate though. If I wear a Cuse shirt either I wear a plain hat or go without.

Grown men wearing player jerseys are idiots.
06-07-2020 01:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(06-06-2020 01:43 PM)glacier_dropsy Wrote:  I really hope we do that thing again this year where the conservatives really stick it to the NFL. It was so effective last time around, left the NFL is such financial shambles, and really won over the minds of the young people.

I hate to bring some truth into your delusional post but protesting the anthem did rock the NFL ratings enough that they took a stand againt protesting the Anthem, which got the ratings back up.
06-07-2020 01:50 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Roger Goodell’s attempt to be (politically) all-things-to-all-men reminds me a lot of his father, US Senator Charles Goodell.

Senator Goodell had been a mostly-conservative GOP Congressman from Upstate NY for about 9 years. After Robert Kennedy was assassinated in 1968, Gov. Nelson Rockefeller appointed Goodell to replace him. Over the next two years, Goodell shifted dramatically in a pro-Left, anti-Right direction, so much so that he wound up campaigning in 1970 essentially as a Democrat, and lost the election to the Conservative nominee James Buckley. Goodell never held office again. Roger Goodell would’ve been 11 years old when that happened; I dare say his father’s political defeat is a vivid memory from his childhood.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020 01:52 PM by Native Georgian.)
06-07-2020 01:51 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
The NFL. Fans where grown men wear other men's jerseys.
city dwelling betas playing fantasy football.

Cringe

03-no
06-07-2020 02:00 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
The obvious solution is to stop playing the national anthem. Maybe play a rap song or something. During which all the white people in the stands can take a knee.
06-07-2020 02:20 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
(06-07-2020 02:20 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  The obvious solution is to stop playing the national anthem. Maybe play a rap song or something. During which all the white people in the stands can take a knee.
Perhaps “F’uck tha Police” by N.W.A.
06-07-2020 02:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.