Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Corona Virus
Bookmark and Share
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
Corona Virus
This is a historic event in our nations history. Please feel free to discuss here.
03-11-2020 10:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
RE: Corona Virus
Just a reminder, we were upset when the MAC decided against fans attending the tournament earlier today......now the whole thing might be cancelled......oh yeah the National Basketball Association has suspended the season......are we still thinking the MAC is ridiculous?
03-11-2020 10:44 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
The true enemy is fear and panic. Fear and panic are not mid-major emotions, they are human emotions. We are paying for it.
03-12-2020 05:02 PM
jjj Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Good article on the virus that is not from a media outlet like cnn, etc. Do not panic regarding the virus.

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-...tterbutton
03-12-2020 10:00 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-12-2020 10:00 PM)jjj Wrote:  Good article on the virus that is not from a media outlet like cnn, etc. Do not panic regarding the virus.

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-...tterbutton

Hopefully people will listen to these points given in news article form. They wont listen to me saying these same things.
03-13-2020 01:25 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
So, what does "not panicking" mean? Does that mean that we shouldn't cancel any group events? Does that mean that we don't need to test anyone for coronavirus?
03-13-2020 01:10 PM
Advertisement

jjj Offline
Special Teams

Another good article--"stop listening to the media and listen to doctors".

https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/10/dr-dr...-coverage/
03-13-2020 01:14 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

South Korea tested hundreds of thousands of people so they knew who had the virus and could quarantine them. The U.S. has been absurdly slow and has hardly tested anyone. I'm not sure South Korea is a very good example.
03-13-2020 01:25 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-13-2020 01:25 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  South Korea tested hundreds of thousands of people so they knew who had the virus and could quarantine them. The U.S. has been absurdly slow and has hardly tested anyone. I'm not sure South Korea is a very good example.

Thank God Trump cut off travel from China right away. So much quicker to act than Obama
03-13-2020 02:19 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(03-13-2020 02:19 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 01:25 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  South Korea tested hundreds of thousands of people so they knew who had the virus and could quarantine them. The U.S. has been absurdly slow and has hardly tested anyone. I'm not sure South Korea is a very good example.

Thank God Trump cut off travel from China right away. So much quicker to act than Obama

LOL. Trump cancelled a group that handled pandemics, that even Fauci said would be nice to have right about now.
03-13-2020 02:36 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-13-2020 02:36 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 02:19 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

LOL. Trump cancelled a group that handled pandemics, that even Fauci said would be nice to have right about now.

Trump's early actions saved lives, absolutely no doubt about that, and I highly doubt many if any other Presidents would have done what he did. Love him or hate him, he deserves massive credit for that. Think they are drinking pretty heavy at CNN tonight, stock market soars after Trump's remarks today. Fake News depression hah
03-13-2020 09:56 PM
Advertisement

jjj Offline
Special Teams

Can someone explain this to me and the media.

From a "marketwatch" article:

To put that in perspective: In 2017–18, the worst flu season on record in the U.S. outside of a pandemic, approximately 80,000 Americans died.

Corona count:
The death toll is at 41 right now, (John Hopkins late tonight said 8 deaths were not from the virus as originally thought, so true value is around 33, (and around 25 were from the nursing home in Washington).

How come the media did not put up a running count in 17-18 of the number of deaths as it rose to record levels???

Now assume there are 100k more cases in Ohio, how come people are not dying by the minute in Ohio???
I will take 34 deaths over a two week period any day of the week.
The key is number of deaths if you ask me...not how many people have the virus........
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2020 01:27 AM by jjj.)
03-14-2020 01:24 AM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

(03-11-2020 10:44 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  Just a reminder, we were upset when the MAC decided against fans attending the tournament earlier today......now the whole thing might be cancelled......oh yeah the National Basketball Association has suspended the season......are we still thinking the MAC is ridiculous?

yeah, ridiculous. NBA season suspended? Like they will resume in 2 weeks!!! A month! July!!! Are they waiting for the Jazz player to recover! Play without him.
Clue: The NBA season is OVER. YEAH, ridiculous.
As of yesterday; of the 40 deaths so far 0 (ZERO) deaths are under the age of 50. 24 of those deaths occurred in one place - a nursing home in Washington. Clue: if you are living in a nursing home you already have one foot in the grave - your wife doesn't want you, your family doesn't want you, the hospital doesn't want you - this is a comedy routine.
And I finally figured on the run on toilet paper. Does the virus cause blow-out diarrhea? No! WdaF is wid dis run on TP???
The run on toilet paper is caused by a run on toilet paper. You hear about a run on toilet paper you start wondering about your supply of toilet paper. I only have a one month supply left - get in the car, Mabel, we need to get to Sam's club immediately for TP. Dey might stop making TP!!! ridiculous! Insane.
03-14-2020 08:07 AM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

(03-14-2020 08:07 AM)El Duderino Wrote:  
(03-11-2020 10:44 PM)Big_Man Wrote:  Just a reminder, we were upset when the MAC decided against fans attending the tournament earlier today......now the whole thing might be cancelled......oh yeah the National Basketball Association has suspended the season......are we still thinking the MAC is ridiculous?

yeah, ridiculous. NBA season suspended? Like they will resume in 2 weeks!!! A month! July!!! Are they waiting for the Jazz player to recover! Play without him.
Clue: The NBA season is OVER. YEAH, ridiculous.
As of yesterday; of the 40 deaths so far 0 (ZERO) deaths are under the age of 50. 24 of those deaths occurred in one place - a nursing home in Washington. Clue: if you are living in a nursing home you already have one foot in the grave - your wife doesn't want you, your family doesn't want you, the hospital doesn't want you - this is a comedy routine.
And I finally figured on the run on toilet paper. Does the virus cause blow-out diarrhea? No! WdaF is wid dis run on TP???
The run on toilet paper is caused by a run on toilet paper. You hear about a run on toilet paper you start wondering about your supply of toilet paper. I only have a one month supply left - get in the car, Mabel, we need to get to Sam's club immediately for TP. Dey might stop making TP!!! ridiculous! Insane.

Continuing the comedy - If you need TP, are out of TP, I guess you are proverbially **** out of luck!!!!
I was talking yesterday to someone who was looking for TP. I told him 7-11 sells by the individual roll. Talk about price gouging - I wonder what it costs by the individual roll? Shut 7-11 down for illegal TP pricing. Did ya know it is illegal in many places (the USA!) to raise prices during times of panic??? here's the insanity of that policy - would you rather pay a higher price for TP and HAVE some TP; or or or pay regular price and have NONE??? Shouldn't it be illegal to hoard toilet paper so everyone can have some instead of MORONS puttin in a 6 month supply just in case we are all INSANE for the next 6 months!
I was at an event Thursday night (obviously not an NCAA event, actually a comedy show) and I used the public restroom. I AM actually washing my hands MORE, recently; so I washed my hands. Now HOW do I get out? My hands are nice and sanitized and then I look at the door handle. Touching the door handle touched by EVERYONE else!!! completely defeats the washing the hands part. PROP da friggin door open. No one is smart enough to figure that out YET. DO we need a presidential proclamation to leave the door propped open? Aside: Ever been in one of those public bathrooms where you are standing at the urinal, the door opens, and you can wave (with your free hand - got to explain that, really!) at the people outside the bathroom? yeah, who da frig designed that facility; idiot!
Don't touch my face??? I just washed my hands!!! So now it is my fault! The virus is everywhere! Insane.
03-14-2020 09:33 AM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

Comedy routine indeed:

>>South Korea tested hundreds of thousands of people so they knew who had the virus and could quarantine them. The U.S. has been absurdly slow and has hardly tested anyone. I'm not sure South Korea is a very good example.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." Charles Darwin<<

Why is it, seriously, the demonstratedly most ignorant end their every post with a quote about ignorance? I realize that comparing 2 distinct and not really aptly comparable situations while trashing the United States is somehow, in their ignorant belief, scoring points pointing out their intense hatred of the current president of the United States. But to the reasonably intelligence, I am quite sure, it is pointing out something else.

Open mouth, remove all doubt. Thank you for clearing that up.
03-14-2020 10:59 AM
jjj Offline
Special Teams

Scorecard:

Source: Johns Hopkins

Flu: Approximately 291,000 to 646,000 annual deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Current US deaths: 70

The number of cases will spike dramatically this week, not that they are new, but they are officially diagnosed due to increased testing. Those who predicted huge fatalities among the whole US population are currently in the wrong....The virus has spread big time the past few months, but only now we are getting a "count" of it.
03-15-2020 10:24 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(03-15-2020 10:24 PM)jjj Wrote:  Scorecard:

Source: Johns Hopkins

Flu: Approximately 291,000 to 646,000 annual deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Current US deaths: 70

The number of cases will spike dramatically this week, not that they are new, but they are officially diagnosed due to increased testing. Those who predicted huge fatalities among the whole US population are currently in the wrong....The virus has spread big time the past few months, but only now we are getting a "count" of it.

Seems like the normal flu is more deadly than this virus, yet we are crippling the nation and no doubt leading to more deaths from unnecessary economic suffering. Test numbers do not mean much to me, because most who have this virus wont even know they have it as the symptoms are so mild
03-15-2020 11:03 PM
jjj Offline
Special Teams

Dr. Fauci was correct when he said "This is not the flu" , the data is showing it is weaker than the flu so far in the US!!!!

The death percentage will also go down by the end of this week after you add in the thousands that will be tested "positive" in drive thru
tests......
03-15-2020 11:23 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(03-14-2020 10:59 AM)El Duderino Wrote:  Comedy routine indeed:

>>South Korea tested hundreds of thousands of people so they knew who had the virus and could quarantine them. The U.S. has been absurdly slow and has hardly tested anyone. I'm not sure South Korea is a very good example.
"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge." Charles Darwin<<

Why is it, seriously, the demonstratedly most ignorant end their every post with a quote about ignorance? I realize that comparing 2 distinct and not really aptly comparable situations while trashing the United States is somehow, in their ignorant belief, scoring points pointing out their intense hatred of the current president of the United States. But to the reasonably intelligence, I am quite sure, it is pointing out something else.

Open mouth, remove all doubt. Thank you for clearing that up.

Whatever.
03-16-2020 11:09 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(03-15-2020 11:23 PM)jjj Wrote:  Dr. Fauci was correct when he said "This is not the flu" , the data is showing it is weaker than the flu so far in the US!!!!

The death percentage will also go down by the end of this week after you add in the thousands that will be tested "positive" in drive thru
tests......

Weaker than the flu in what way? I've ready that it's more contagious. And also has a higher mortality rate. Where are you seeing something different?
03-16-2020 11:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.